What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Congrats to you, eternal light and Virginia. :)

Beautiful suncatchers, Fan_S. I can see a glimpse of the big city (Brooklyn) through your window.

:wave: Thanks, Buck'eye'Doc! :) Also, thanks for the info in the "College Football Thread" re: John Glenn and the dotting of the "I". More on "Happy Topic": congrats to Ohio State! :D:beer:

Edited by Fan_S.

Playing and singing to my granddaughter, making her giggle and smile.

Watching her drift off to slumberland. God, she's so beautiful. :wub:

When she looks you in the eye she realllly looks. Like an old soul.

I love her so much, and now I have a reason to start planning a trip to Germany. :cheer:

My cat was insanely jealous.

Spent the day with my Mom and her new husband. She is 70 and he is 82. They are vacationing out here. My oldest daughter and her husband and 3 children, 8, 2 1/2 and 1 and my other daughter were also here. 4 generations having a great afternoon together. It probably won't happen again so I am greatful that we got this chance.

I had the best donut ever today! God it's hard to find a good donut, but I finally found a spot that doesn't make 'em all greasy. I predict gaining 10 pounds in the near future. ;)

We finally got Krispy Kremes up here several years ago, and then they closed all of them!

But it's just as well, as I'm supposed to be eating low-fat. I have found Kemps fat free frozen yogurt, which to me tastes as good as regular ice cream, so I can still get my sugar fix.

Playing and singing to my granddaughter, making her giggle and smile.

Watching her drift off to slumberland. God, she's so beautiful. :wub:

When she looks you in the eye she realllly looks. Like an old soul.

I love her so much, and now I have a reason to start planning a trip to Germany. :cheer:

My cat was insanely jealous.

I have a niece that I called an old soul when she was a baby. She was just a tiny thing in a "bouncy seat", but she'd look at you like she knew everything about you already!

Both of my nieces and my sister came over today, which is what made me happy.

I had lots of quality time with my other niece-playing piano (just a few notes-I can't play but could plunk out what she asked me to-she can make up original melodies, which I never could, and she's a lovely singer), and talking to her while she drew me a picture.

I'd be happy to spend every day with them. They go back to school Tuesday.

Well Faaarrr Out there pardner! B)

That's great news.

I've been worried about you folks down there.

Didn't some places go like 60 days with no rain?

Yes, it did go for 60 days without rain. The strange part is that we are located in a semi-tropical area. I can usually grow hibiscus, rubber trees and other tropical plants in my yard without much trouble.

Had my own Nathan's hotdog eating contast which just wrapped up. I was able to consume three Nathan's in roughly 27 minutes.Chips and beer were included. That is one excellent hotdog. Hope to be receiving a trophy soon which I will proudly display on my mantle.

I cleaned out my refrigerator, although this could just as easily go under "What made you un happy today" because I HATE cleaning my refrigerator. <_<

But it looks so nice and clean inside, I keep opening the door, lol :D

I cleaned up my living room (threw out all my daugther's old toys), took the ones she still likes to my mom's house, got all the clean laundry off the sofas and put away!!! That was over the weekend, but i know how you feel because it felt good. btw... great that you did so well on your run, Virginia!

I am happy i got through my first day back (well it was a night shift, and that is a pet peeve of mine) after 2 weeks off, but at least i will get time and half for the holiday. Happy my daughter starts her next session of gymnastics today! Will be happy to hit my pillow in a few minutes, but not happy when the alarm goes off too soon (around 2p).

I cleaned up my living room (threw out all my daugther's old toys), took the ones she still likes to my mom's house, got all the clean laundry off the sofas and put away!!! That was over the weekend, but i know how you feel because it felt good. btw... great that you did so well on your run, Virginia!

I am happy i got through my first day back (well it was a night shift, and that is a pet peeve of mine) after 2 weeks off, but at least i will get time and half for the holiday. Happy my daughter starts her next session of gymnastics today! Will be happy to hit my pillow in a few minutes, but not happy when the alarm goes off too soon (around 2p).

We're up early today! Good morning :)

To me, fair friend, you never can be old

For as you were when first your eye I eyed,

Such seems your beauty still.

* William Shakespeare

Things are well here. I'm more focused and happy than I've been in decades. I owe much of this to new friends and old.

I am happy to see DZL and ~tangerine~. I hope both are well.