What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I'm happy because my son and his new family already are being treated better in Germany than here.

There health care is a right.

He loves it. The air is clean and he can breathe easier.

The only thing is he now is watching the Simpsons in German :lol:

He'll pick it up in no time. :P

Freaking A....maybe I should move there.

I'm dying, I swear. Our air is so dirty right now that I can't even see the mountains! That's when you know Boise's air is gross--you can't see the foothills or the mountains. The city is in a valley, you know, so we're surrounded by them. I'm sick because of my allergies with all the crud in the air.

...and I'd love for it to rain to get said crud out of the air.

This is what made me happy today: my boyfriend mowed the lawn and did a few other tasks that are usually mine today because I'm not feeling well. I still did the dishes and made dinner, but he usually doesn't help much, let alone without being asked, so it was a big deal. :D

What made you happy today?

For me, getting more shopping done, complete for Xmas.

My morning coffee.

Seeing great pics of the band at the 02.

Hi "Hotplant!" I hope all is well with you. As for what made me happy today? Hmmmmmm..., I survived another all night party for 3 consecutive nights. I survived a police raid during the end of one of them. Ha Ha! Oh well, as the saying goes, SHIT HAPPENS! Ha Ha! Have a great day and ROCK ON!

What the hell? You quoted a nearly 2-year old post?

Seeing the sunshine today made me happy.

Hi "Electrophile!" I hope that the weekend went well for you. As for me, my weekend was filled with 3 consecutive nights of non-stop parties as well as a police raid. I did get some sleep so I feel better now. I just realized that I quoted a 2 year old post. I promise that I will do better next time. I'm one of those type of people that everything that is easy for everyone else is hard for me. However, I am also the type of person that whatever's extremely hard for everyone else is easy for me. I must be a f*c*ing genius "Electrophile!" Ha Ha! Enough of that.

As for what made me happy today, I'm still alive! Ha Ha! Have a great day "Electrophile" and ROCK ON!

Slight quibble, but do all your posts have to look the same? It's like you type up a blank in Word and then fill in the poster's name where applicable. It's like a form letter.

I guess that I do that to be original "Electrophile," its my trademark. Like the way the late Walter Cronkite ended his familiar broadcast "That's the way it is," thats how I like to be remembered which is something original. Everyone knew Walter Cronkite just by his trademark quote alone and he used it till the day he retired from Broadcasting. When I write and answer a post, I like for everyone to know that its me. Don't you have a particular phrase or quote that you use as your trademark? Its just me "Electrophile!" Please note that my intent is not to offend anyone especially you "Electrophile." Maybe its because I use a trademark quote or phrase at my job and thats what everyone knows me as. Then again, when I f*c* up at work, it wouldn't be hard for anyone to know who did it seeing my trademark all over it. Ha Ha!

As for what made me happy today, that would be talking to you one on one "Electrophile." Have a great day today "Electrophile" and ROCK ON till we converse again.

Edited by ZeppFanForever

No, I'm not on some lame 70s sitcom. And you didn't offend me because really, who gets offended over something like that? It's just something I've noticed and felt like asking about.

Hi "Electrophile?" I am glad that you are not offended by it. Offending you would be the last thing that I would ever want to do. Thank you for asking, I have no problem with you asking at all. As a matter of fact, you are welcome to ask me anything that you want. In the mean time, take care "Electrophile" and ROCK ON till we converse again which I am looking forward to.

Oh, as for what made me happy today? I am going to see IT MIGHT GET LOUD at 5:45 P.M. Pacific time at the Tower Theatre in Sacramento, California with some friends of mine. I CAN'T WAIT!

My computer is running better than ever. For a while it was acting really sluggish because my hard drive was completely full (despite deleting and uninstalling a ton of stuff, running disk cleanup...the whole nine yards). My brother the computer guru stepped in to wipe my hard drive and re-install the operating system. Now my computer is as good as new!

Edited by Zepulon

My husband and I took a tour of a lovely restored Frank Lloyd Wright Prarrie House.

It was beautiful. I really like the Prarrie Style of Architecture.

The house was set up for a wedding and reception to be held later. What a fantastic place to get married.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westcott_House

It inspired me to work in my flower garden today.

790px-The_Westcott_House_2005.jpg

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Buckeye I would have loved to have seen that house in person. I'm a big Frank Lloyd Wright fan. I went to I think it was a museum in Chicago many years ago. Was very interesting.

Hi Ninelives smile.gif ,

That house is the quintessence of Frank Lloyd Wright design.

The house has been exquisitely restored, with a magnificent interior and gardens.

If you click on some of the links at the bottom of the wiki link that I posted, you can see pictures of the restoration.

And check out this link from the Westcott House Foundation. If you explore it, you can see more photos of the house.

http://www.westcotthouse.org/

Edited to say:

I have visited Wright's Taliesan West in Phoenix. It was beautiful, but I believe that I liked the Westcott House better. Also, the Metropolitan Art Museum in New York City has a complete room from a Frank Lloyd Wright house assembled in one of the galleries. It is lovely. If you ever go to the Met, make it a point to visit it. It is in an out of way, hard to find place. Just ask one of the docents there and they will direct you to it.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

Hi Ninelives smile.gif ,

That house is the quintessence of Frank Lloyd Wright design.

The house has been exquisitely restored, with a magnificent interior and gardens.

If you click on some of the links at the bottom of the wiki link that I posted, you can see pictures of the restoration.

And check out this link from the Westcott House Foundation. If you explore it, you can see more photos of the house.

http://www.westcotthouse.org/

Edited to say:

I have visited Wright's Taliesan West in Phoenix. It was beautiful, but I believe that I liked the Westcott House better. Also, the Metropolitan Art Museum in New York City has a complete room from a Frank Lloyd Wright house assembled in one of the galleries. It is lovely. If you ever go to the Met, make it a point to visit it. It is in an out of way, hard to find place. Just ask one of the docents there and they will direct you to it.

The photos are wonderful! I can see why you'd like the Westcott House better. Lucky you live near enough to be able to see it :)

What made me happy today? WOW, What a day! I went to see the 5:45 showing of IT MIGHT GET LOUD at the Tower Theatre in Sacramento. As to all of us that went, it was Tod, Tod's older crazy brother Bruce (The older brother that I never had), 5 of Bruces friends ( Members of the Sacramento Chapter of the Hells Angels, one of whom was a good friend of Tod's and I that we went to school with), Mike, Harold, Dave and Bob. It didn't take long for all of us to get the crowd going! Man, I had a f*c*ing blast. Its almost like we were reliving our midnight movie glories. Believe or not, Tod's brother Bruce behaves the same exact way like he did back in the 1970's. Bruce never grew up. Bruce was having the time of his life hanging around with all of us. Bruce and his friends snuck in some bottles of JD and some joints and starting lighting them during the movie. Guys, I must confess, I got wasted as hell! The Manager didn't give a shit, Bruce knew him. Matter of fact, Bruce gave the manager some weed and some JD. Bruce and the Hells Angels fired the whole crowd up and got everyone screaming and cheering everytime Jimmy started talking or playing his guitar. Bruce singlehandedly turned the whole auditorium into party central. The Tower theater is no stranger to any of us which dates all of the way back to the 1970's. Tod, Bruce, Scott and I used to love lighting bottle rockets as well as bricks of fire crackers in this auditorium. As a matter of fact, the black spots are still visible on the ceiling after all of these years. I better stop now since what happened earlier today is a very long story. First let me say that IT MIGHT GET LOUD is a F*C*ING KICK ASS MOVIE! You just have to see this movie. In my opinion, Jack White and The Edge were the students while Jimmy the master was at work giving the both of them a crash course. I'm going to stop here since I do not want to give the movie away to those of you that haven't seen it yet. In the mean time, have a great evening and ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

Edited by ZeppFanForever

I read something about a Frank Lloyd Wright house in this month's Sunset. It was very interesting.

I'm happy today because MY Boise State University Broncos are ranking #5 after this week's games!

Yesss!

This is the highest the school has ever been ranked by all the BCS polls. Yesss!

Go BIG BLUE!

Tod, Bruce, Scott and I used to love lighting bottle rockets as well as bricks of fire crackers in this auditorium. As a matter of fact, the black spots are still visible on the ceiling after all of these years. I better stop now since what happened earlier today is a very long story. In the mean time, have a great evening and ROCK ON fellow ZEPPELIN fanatics!

How's it going "ZeppFanForever"? Are yous guys those nuts I saw on the Wacky Videos show, who shoot bottle rockets out your butts? That's got to burn, man! Anyway, ROCK ON!!!

I love FLW!!! I've been to Taliesin West and can't believe I haven't been to Fallingwater since I live relatively close. I here they are doing sleepovers (!) there now for the low, low price of #1,200... :D

Here's a link to the pictures I took at Florida Southern College this past July. Wright designed a bunch of buildings for them

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/estherb818/FLW%20at%20FSC/

Here are a couple of pictures from the Pope-Leighey House in Alexandria VA. I'd love to live there...even though it is in Virginia...

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

cool.gif My pics came back from when the "Saints came Marching" into the chemo infusion center to pay us fans a visitbiggrin.gif

From left clockwise, Usama Young corner back, Zach Strief offensive tackle, "Moi", Chris Reis safety, and Lance Moore wide reciever.

9-22-200990045PM.jpg

HI Charlie:

I just found this today...it's a great pic...

Juliet :)

Wow, awesome pictures all around, guys! That's so awesome that the Saints came to visit you, Dzldoc! It's nice to hear about sports figures doing nice stuff like that, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

And I love Frank Lloyd Wright, but I had no idea about Florida Southern College - thanks, ebk! Love the pics.

And I am happy today because I finally got rid of the virus from my computer, yaaay!

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

How's it going "ZeppFanForever"? Are yous guys those nuts I saw on the Wacky Videos show, who shoot bottle rockets out your butts? That's got to burn, man! Anyway, ROCK ON!!!

What's happening "jimmie ray?" I hope that life's treating you well. Weeman did that with JACKASS didn't he? Ha Ha! That was hilarious! My friend's Bruce and Steve did that shit once and they both ended up in the emergency room. The flames burned their pubic hairs in both of their asses and gave their asses a burnt balled dark red color. The bitch of it all was that both Bruce and Steve could not shit for a week. Believe me, when they did, you can hear them screaming from blocks away. You can rest assure that it was the last time that both Bruce and Steve ever pulled that shitty stunt again. It was funny to watch though. Ha Ha! I should also confess that it was Tod's older brother Bruce and our good friend Steve that corrupted the hell out of Tod, Scott and I. It didn't take much though, no one twisted our arms. Ha Ha! Thanks for your comment and ROCK ON "jimmie ray!"

Edited by ZeppFanForever

Freaking A....maybe I should move there.

I'm dying, I swear. Our air is so dirty right now that I can't even see the mountains! That's when you know Boise's air is gross--you can't see the foothills or the mountains. The city is in a valley, you know, so we're surrounded by them. I'm sick because of my allergies with all the crud in the air.

...and I'd love for it to rain to get said crud out of the air.

This is what made me happy today: my boyfriend mowed the lawn and did a few other tasks that are usually mine today because I'm not feeling well. I still did the dishes and made dinner, but he usually doesn't help much, let alone without being asked, so it was a big deal. :D

Ja, Mandy....hehe...I'm trying to learn basic get- by German.

My son has breathing problems too, and sometimes we get the valley crud too, disgusting I know. He said the town he was in when he called was noted as having the cleanest air in Germany. Some weird name, near Bremer.

I'm just so happy he will finally have health care.

Plan to visit next summer/early fall. :cheer: