What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I watched The Godfather Part 2 for the first time (best 4 hours ever spent on a movie) and my new computer monitor arrived!

Hey "MisterMcLov1n!" How are you? I love the GODFATHER saga! Then again, I LOVE GANGSTER FILMS! What inch is your monitor? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Realizing that it's been 10 days sinmce I've had a sip of alcohol

by drinking juice instead

and in order to avoid depression from my cat tragically dying

I decided that working out is the best way to get over depression and to start doing an hour of excercise every morning,

and whenever I start to feel depressed over the cat I immediately do a little workout

I end up feeling better and consequently am in better shape than I've been for quite awhile

Hey Roblinblad, sorry to hear about your cat. :( I'm very sorry.

I had a great band practice today, we went over some songs including When the Levee Breaks and Can't You Hear Me Knocking and also tried out the black crowes' jealous again. just had a lot of fun. But i came home and looked at pictures of my band from high school and just remembered the good times. (like making mac&cheese in between jamming)

Good morning everyone in the west :)

The fall like weather that has blown into the Big Easy has made me happy because it reminds me of Christmas and Thanks Giving and Halloween my favorite times of the year :).

Now if I could just feel well enough to enjoy it more I would be in heaven :)

Good morning everyone in the west :)

The fall like weather that has blown into the Big Easy has made me happy because it reminds me of Christmas and Thanks Giving and Halloween my favorite times of the year :).

Now if I could just feel well enough to enjoy it more I would be in heaven :)

Yep, it's the same on Canada's left coast. After what has been the best 6 months of weather that I can remember, the wind and rain have finally arrived.

One more treatment and your done my friend :) . Hang in there

What made me happy today? Getting up this morning and enjoying the nice cool morning. I also had a good breakfast with some nice hot delicious coffee. What a great way to start the morning off. ROCK ON FOREVER everyone!

I'm the first/only one up, enjoying my coffee and figuring out the game plan for today :) Also nobody else is asking for a turn on the computer, lol (think we need to get another one) so I can work on my Farm Town for a while.

(Ed. 7 minutes later; I spoke too soon!)

Edited by Virginia

I'm the first/only one up, enjoying my coffee and figuring out the game plan for today :) Also nobody else is asking for a turn on the computer, lol (think we need to get another one) so I can work on my Farm Town for a while.

Hi Virginia! How are you? So whats the game plan for today other than turn on the computer and work on your Farm Town? My game plan is just survive another day by staying alive and watching Football on Sunday. Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Hi Virginia! How are you? So whats the game plan for today other than turn on the computer and work on your Farm Town? My game plan is just survive another day by staying alive and watching Football on Sunday. Ha Ha! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

My son has a soccer game this afternoon; hubby is reff'ing; need to go to the grocery store, do some laundry/cleaning and hopefully squeeze in a 2-3 mile run (took yesterday off as I was fighting off a cold, but feel better today). And I was thinking of making a lasagne for dinner tonight. :) Then have to do the usual stuff for Mondays (make lunches, check homework, etc). Good news is that I don't have to drive dance carpool at all this coming week, so I'll be able to get more done during the coming week. :)

My son has a soccer game this afternoon; hubby is reff'ing; need to go to the grocery store, do some laundry/cleaning and hopefully squeeze in a 2-3 mile run (took yesterday off as I was fighting off a cold, but feel better today). And I was thinking of making a lasagne for dinner tonight. :) Then have to do the usual stuff for Mondays (make lunches, check homework, etc). Good news is that I don't have to drive dance carpool at all this coming week, so I'll be able to get more done during the coming week. :)

Hmmmmmm..., it looks like hubby can influence your son's game a little, just make sure that he does it cleverly! Ha Ha! Ah yes, the necessity of going to the grocery store and doing the laundry. The only 2-3 mile run that I'll be doing is in the bedroom! WOW, you run 2-3 miles? Thats real impressive Virginia! I bet that you look gorgeous too! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Hmmmmmm..., it looks like hubby can influence your son's game a little, just make sure that he does it cleverly! Ha Ha! Ah yes, the necessity of going to the grocery store and doing the laundry. The only 2-3 mile run that I'll be doing is in the bedroom! WOW, you run 2-3 miles? Thats real impressive Virginia! I bet that you look gorgeous too! ROCK ON FOREVER my dear!

Hubby is reff'ing football 30 minutes away, so he'll miss the game unfortunately. It's cold as you know what today too; I'll be wearing my Underarmour cold gear!!

Laundry: done

3 Mile run: done

Grocery store: done

Bathroom: cleaned

Lasagne: in progress

3-4 miles is my limit; I just don't have time to train for the longer races. LOL doing it for the cardio; anything else is a side benefit!

Hubby is reff'ing football 30 minutes away, so he'll miss the game unfortunately. It's cold as you know what today too; I'll be wearing my Underarmour cold gear!!

Laundry: done

3 Mile run: done

Grocery store: done

Bathroom: cleaned

Lasagne: in progress

3-4 miles is my limit; I just don't have time to train for the longer races. LOL doing it for the cardio; anything else is a side benefit!

You truly get the job done dear! Do you have a sister thats just like you? ROF my dear!

WOW "imPLANTed!" That is really deep! Did your Mom go to church? ROCK ON FOREVER my friend.

Well, here, now that you feel bad for me, maybe you can shed a few tears.

Just to name a few that were destroyed (in front of me):

Led Zeppelin (at least 4 albums that I can think of)

Eric Clapton

Derek and the Dominos

Bad Co.

The Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd (lots of those)

Beatles (the vinyl was even white on one of them)

Elvis

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

and the one I really don't understand was "my" Barbra Streisand Christmas album. What is wrong with a Jewish woman singing about Jesus' birth?!?!?!

No Metallica though.

I'd love to be decorating a rec. room with those now.

Yeah, it was a church thing. She actually did lead a pretty tawdry life (flaming alcoholic and all). When she had her "come to Jesus meeting", she felt that music would again lead her down a wrong path.

Fortunately, my husband had saved some of his vinyls and they are now my step-albums. LOL! In the collection was LZ's fourth album and PF Dark Side of the Moon. And yes, believe it or not, and I am not even kidding, the Barbra Streisand Christmas album. How's that for ironic fate?

If she only knew

Well, here, now that you feel bad for me, maybe you can shed a few tears.

Just to name a few that were destroyed (in front of me):

Led Zeppelin (at least 4 albums that I can think of)

Eric Clapton

Derek and the Dominos

Bad Co.

The Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd (lots of those)

Beatles (the vinyl was even white on one of them)

Elvis

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

and the one I really don't understand was "my" Barbra Streisand Christmas album. What is wrong with a Jewish woman singing about Jesus' birth?!?!?!

No Metallica though.

I'd love to be decorating a rec. room with those now.

Yeah, it was a church thing. She actually did lead a pretty tawdry life (flaming alcoholic and all). When she had her "come to Jesus meeting", she felt that music would again lead her down a wrong path.

Fortunately, my husband had saved some of his vinyls and they are now my step-albums. LOL! In the collection was LZ's fourth album and PF Dark Side of the Moon. And yes, believe it or not, and I am not even kidding, the Barbra Streisand Christmas album. How's that for ironic fate?

If she only knew

OH MY GOD! This is awful "imPLANTed!" WOW, this is deep! To be honest with you, my mom was the same way! Ever since my sister and I were little toddlers, my MOM used to wake us up and drag our asses out of bed on Sunday mornings and make us go to church. My sister and I rebelled against her for so many years that we turned out wild as hell! Now, I would give anything if my Mom was still around coherent, my sister and I can sure use some of that discipline now! ROF my dear!

OH MY GOD! This is awful "imPLANTed!" WOW, this is deep! To be honest with you, my mom was the same way! Ever since my sister and I were little toddlers, my MOM used to wake us up and drag our asses out of bed on Sunday mornings and make us go to church. My sister and I rebelled against her for so many years that we turned out wild as hell! Now, I would give anything if my Mom was still around coherent, my sister and I can sure use some of that discipline now! ROF my dear!

You want to hear the funny part? I was the one going to church long before she did. The neighbor across the street scooped up any kids in the neighborhood that wanted to go to Sunday School. She would just pack her Pontiac Bonneville full of kids. Got myself up and dressed and ready to go while my mom was sleeping in a drunken stupor from the night before.

At least your mom taught you how to dance. I would love to take ballroom dancing lessons with hubby. That's on my someday list. He actually wants to also.

You want to hear the funny part? I was the one going to church long before she did. The neighbor across the street scooped up any kids in the neighborhood that wanted to go to Sunday School. She would just pack her Pontiac Bonneville full of kids. Got myself up and dressed and ready to go while my mom was sleeping in a drunken stupor from the night before.

At least your mom taught you how to dance. I would love to take ballroom dancing lessons with hubby. That's on my someday list. He actually wants to also.

If I was in the town where you are at, I would teach both you and your hubby myself. Fred Astaire studios once offered me a job as a dance instuctor but I chose to be something else! Ha Ha! ROF my dear!