What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

A HEAT wave....40 degrees worth. :suntan:

The crud has left the valley...for now anyway. The last three weeks were the worst I've seen in my entire life.

Today I soaked up the sun, despite the wind, we need it!

It made me realize how much I personally need sun. I'm praying the crud will not return.

Happy #2)...Ordered a Neil Young DVD from the library and when I picked it up it was the ENTIRE Neil Young Archives Vol. 1! Huge box, I was tickled. I'm on a Neil kick of late and 63-72 were such awesome years. Lovin it. :stereo:

edited for oops

Edited by Hotplant

A HEAT wave....40 degrees worth. :suntan:

The crud has left the valley...for now anyway. The last three weeks were the worst I've seen in my entire life.

Today I soaked up the sun, despite the wind, we need it!

It made me realize how much I personally need sun. I'm praying the crud will not return.

Happy #2)...Ordered a Neil Young DVD from the library and when I picked it up it was the ENTIRE Neil Young Archives Vol. 1! Huge box, I was tickled. I'm on a Neil kick of late and 63-72 were such awesome years. Lovin it. :stereo:

edited for oops

Ooh I bet that box set is phenomenal. Great years for Neil indeed.

I hear you on the needing the sun! I'm way over winter already and we're not even a month in :lol:

Ooh I bet that box set is phenomenal. Great years for Neil indeed.

I hear you on the needing the sun! I'm way over winter already and we're not even a month in :lol:

It IS phenomenal! Don't miss Neil on Conan's last Tonight Show!

His new material, from the clips I just saw recently look and sound fantastic!

I hope I see him one last time before one of us kicks the bucket. :lol:

And...yeah, screw winter. <_<

It IS phenomenal! Don't miss Neil on Conan's last Tonight Show!

His new material, from the clips I just saw recently look and sound fantastic!

I hope I see him one last time before one of us kicks the bucket. :lol:

And...yeah, screw winter. <_<

Oooh thanks for the Conan tip! I've yet to see Neil in concert sad to say. Timing has just never been right!

A beautiful day today. I'm off work this weekend to enjoy it. I actually MISS the colder weather in the winter. I thought the snow flurries we had on Christmas Eve were enjoyable. In Texas we go from 108F summer days to 7F winter days at times. No boredom here. LOL. :D

I've been looking for new running shoes for a while now. Mine are just plain worn out. They'll be find for wearing with jeans, etc., but not taking to the gym.

I went to the gym with the old ones on today; and then decided since I got paid today it was time for new shoes. I went out and bought new shoes AND new socks! Yess!

I got a great deal on the Brooks shoes, they were $79.99, down from $139.99, and the socks were cheap too!

I got a pair of Brooks:

51edusW47vL._AA280_.jpg

I've been looking for new running shoes for a while now. Mine are just plain worn out. They'll be find for wearing with jeans, etc., but not taking to the gym.

I went to the gym with the old ones on today; and then decided since I got paid today it was time for new shoes. I went out and bought new shoes AND new socks! Yess!

I got a great deal on the Brooks shoes, they were $79.99, down from $139.99, and the socks were cheap too!

I got a pair of Brooks:

51edusW47vL._AA280_.jpg

That's awesome! I probably need to buy a new pair of running shoes myself.

Anyway, I took the SAT for the first time this morning. Personally, I though it was a piece of cake, although it took a long time. I'm not happy about having to take, but I'm pretty happy that it turned out to be fairly easy, so I hope my score is good biggrin.gif

I haven't been bowling in years! I used to love it. Midnight bowling was great as well with the prizes and such.

Midnight bowling was an absolute hoot back in the day ! Lots of gutter balls and laughs biggrin.gif

A lot of the lanes around here have Cosmic Bowling on the weekends. We were just finishing up last night when they started... black lights, disco balls and loud music. Looks like fun...next time we may go later in the evening.

A lot of the lanes around here have Cosmic Bowling on the weekends. We were just finishing up last night when they started... black lights, disco balls and loud music. Looks like fun...next time we may go later in the evening.

I just went bowling yesterday afternoon for the first time in years. When we first arrived around 2pm it was normal in there, but after fifteen minutes it was like a disco. Just like you described. At first i was annoyed, but after a few minutes i got used to it. Anyway, bowling with my sister, oldest niece and my five year old was fun.

Today i was happy to see my daughter take her second ice skating lesson. Took lots of pictures too. I love having such an active child!

^Whenever my niece is over at my house or in my car, I get her to dance to the Zeppelin. Gotta train her early. ;)

What made me happy today: I was worried my night school gig wasn't going to be a reality this quarter. Well, it came through, but barely. Just BARELY...I didn't have enough kids enrolled in my course this afternoon, but by the time "late registration" was over, I was good! (Thank God...that's $900/month, and that DOUBLES my income...)

Watching my toddler dance around to Led Zeppelin II. How cute is that!!??

Also, I just started trying to get back into piano. I haven't played since I was 12. I got my old keyboard from my dad the other day, and I just taught myself Across the Universe today. I'm so proud of myself!

Yea for you! :cheer:

My piano keeps looking at me sadly. Maybe I should join you!