What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Sounds great, Footsteps!

I love Dropkick Murphys!

Right on! Ya know, I've been thinking about it lately, and if someone asked me who I thought the best band of the 2000s was, DKM would at least have to be in my top 3. They rock, pure and simple! :)

I went ice skating today! I'm supposed to go with my friend when she moves back next week (which also makes me happy), but I couldn't wait. I was already at the mall that has the ice rink, and it was calling my name, so I threw self respect to the wind and went for it. I actually did better than I thought I would, considering I haven't been in like 10 years. I skated around the rink 3 times without holding on to the side or losing my balance there at the end, and I only fell down twice. Weirdly, that was at the end, too - must've gotten a little too brave, hehe. Anyway, I was grinning ear to ear walking out of there, even though it was raining and my knees hurt, lol.

Happy anniversary, Virginia! Hope you can get out pretty soon and celebrate!

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Hubby won a trip to the Vancouver Olympics - for all 6 of us for a week!!!!!! His company is picking up the airfare, hotel and we're going to see 4 events! And they've kitted us out in all new Olympic wear - it is SO awesome!!

I am FLOORED every time I think about it!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So, if anyone else is going to be there - post about it!! Might be fun to have a Zep fan get together?!?!? Over drinks!

Maybe we should start an Olympics topic?

Nice photo, Doc.

And erings, WHAAT?!! Do you get to choose the events you go and see or are these prearranged? Either way, that's a fantastic prize. Have a blast!

I KNOW!!!! It's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! The events have been chosen for us - we're seeing Ice Dance(final), Men's Hockey (Quarter final I think), Women's Hockey (FINAL!!!! GO Hayley Wickenheiser!!!!) and the Men's and Women's Short Track Speed Skating.

To all my American friends - Sorry, the ladies hockey team will finally get the job done, and claim the gold for us, to end the "at home" medal drought!!

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!!! ;)

I KNOW!!!! It's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! The events have been chosen for us - we're seeing Ice Dance(final), Men's Hockey (Quarter final I think), Women's Hockey (FINAL!!!! GO Hayley Wickenheiser!!!!) and the Men's and Women's Short Track Speed Skating.

To all my American friends - Sorry, the ladies hockey team will finally get the job done, and claim the gold for us, to end the "at home" medal drought!!

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!!! ;)

WOW all that AND you got tickets to cool events!!! The hockey ones are especially hard to get. Hopefully you'll get a chance to tour the city, too. And yeah, go Team Canada :thumbsup: !!!

Hubby won a trip to the Vancouver Olympics - for all 6 of us for a week!!!!!! His company is picking up the airfare, hotel and we're going to see 4 events! And they've kitted us out in all new Olympic wear - it is SO awesome!!

I am FLOORED every time I think about it!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So, if anyone else is going to be there - post about it!! Might be fun to have a Zep fan get together?!?!? Over drinks!

Maybe we should start an Olympics topic?

Oh My Gosh!! :D That is soooo incredibly awesome!!!!!!!

It's snowing!!! Where I live, you don't see much snow. Maybe once every couple of years. I got up this morning and let my toddler walk around in it. It was his first encounter with snow, and he had a blast. And my boyfriend made a snow man. Isn't it funny that were in our 20's and its the first snowman we ever made.

Partnering with a new guy (signed deal over a breakfast meeting), who will help create my new website, be my graphic designer and creative director. We're starting from the ground up, new hosting, new databases and build from there. I am confident in this guys ability to make my company shine - so I am happy this morning :)

Congrats Ronniedawg! Always good to hear about another's success! I hope the new deal brings you boatloads of business!

BTW what is it that you do?

cheer!

e

erings: soooo cool! Lucky!

I am happy because all week, I was busy with subbing work, and my night school job is paying well too. ;)

I'm also happy because ALL my car repairs are going to be DONE tomorrow! Yessss! My boyfriend replaced my belts, front axles, flushed my tranny, I have new tires (got them in December), and my brakes and alignment are going to be done tomorrow.

THAT makes me a happy girl. No worries on the automobile front. ;)

Oh yes: and I ordered contacts today. I've been wearing lasses all week, so that made me happy too.

I am happy because all week, I was busy with subbing work, and my night school job is paying well too. ;)

I'm also happy because ALL my car repairs are going to be DONE tomorrow! Yessss! My boyfriend replaced my belts, front axles, flushed my tranny, I have new tires (got them in December), and my brakes and alignment are going to be done tomorrow.

THAT makes me a happy girl. No worries on the automobile front. ;)

Oh yes: and I ordered contacts today. I've been wearing lasses all week, so that made me happy too.

Thanks Manderlyh!I am getting so excited, we're watching the opening ceremonies tonight. And my in-laws will be here (they live a few thousand Kms away) - so, I have a clean house (another thing to be happy for:rolleyes:) Glad to hear the car repairs will be done and you will be road worthy again - its so nice to have a car!

As a curiosity, why contacts, you look lovely in your glasses :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

^that's funny, Virginia. Old 5th grade teachers. I love it.

erings: I wear contacts because I enjoy the freedom from having glasses fog up, getting dirty, etc. I especially hate wearing glasses when it's rainy or sunny, (I would have to buy rx sunglasses), or when I'm working out. I think the sweatiness is compounded by having something on your face. I just hate it. I also LOVE to read lying down, and that is kind of messed up when you're wearing glasses--you can bend them, (at least, the way I do it...).

HAPPINESS for today: I found a GREAT guide to hot springs in my neck of the woods! I actually found one for the Pacific Northwest, but there is a HUGE section on them in my area. We're going hot-springing tomorrow! :D (I am a little worried about the possible hiking in the snow on some of them...)

I am happy because all week, I was busy with subbing work, and my night school job is paying well too. wink.gif

THAT makes me a happy girl. No worries on the automobile front. wink.gif

cheer.gifthumbsup.gifcheer.gif