What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I am very happy tonight, because I finally got a JOB!! :banana: Man, it was hard to get a job here in the area I'm in...

I'm going to be a supervisor at the new Barnes & Noble store in town, and it's so similar to the place I worked at in Canada, that I'm not as scared about my first day as I would be otherwise :) I start Monday...I have full-time hours, with BENEFITS...yay health insurance!!! :thanku:

Congrats!!!

Now go vote for Obama!

:P

I am very happy tonight, because I finally got a JOB!! :banana: Man, it was hard to get a job here in the area I'm in...

I'm going to be a supervisor at the new Barnes & Noble store in town, and it's so similar to the place I worked at in Canada, that I'm not as scared about my first day as I would be otherwise :) I start Monday...I have full-time hours, with BENEFITS...yay health insurance!!! :thanku:

That's wonderful; congratulations!! :D I love B&N.

Yay Kyna!!!

I love Barnes and Noble. I've thought about applying there because I DO need a change of scenery. LOL

The issue? I can't walk into that place and our with just one book. I can leave with NO books, but not just one. I end up leaving with a freakin' pile. LOL

Yay Kyna!!!

I love Barnes and Noble. I've thought about applying there because I DO need a change of scenery. LOL

The issue? I can't walk into that place and our with just one book. I can leave with NO books, but not just one. I end up leaving with a freakin' pile. LOL

I know what you mean; not to mention spending a fortune at Starbucks while we browse (and if all 5 of us are there, that alone is easily $15-20) :)

Seeing my friend at the hospital with all his tubes taken off of him !! I've been going daily.

All he has now is a feeding tube in his nose.

I've known my pal for 33 years...and he just recently had a brain aneurysm. The doctors and nurses at Vanderbilt University have been most professional and incredibly nice...

So yeah...that made me happy. :)

Seeing my friend at the hospital with all his tubes taken off of him !! I've been going daily.

All he has now is a feeding tube in his nose.

I've known my pal for 33 years...and he just recently had a brain aneurysm. The doctors and nurses at Vanderbilt University have been most professional and incredibly nice...

So yeah...that made me happy. :)

I hope everything turns out okay.

And Mandy, I know what you mean. My mom won't take me to Barnes and Noble for that reason. Or any other bookstore actually.

Yay Kyna!!!

Actually it's weird, I was always that way too...until I started working at Chapters :lol: I spent so much time at work, that I didn't really feel like being in the bookstore for fun :lol: Also, at that time I was supporting myself completely and didn't have money on my paycheck to spare for books...

This time it'll be different though :lol: And I think I'm going to really enjoy it :) Until Christmas comes around that is :lol::rolleyes:

I have had a problem with my eye and had to go back to see the eye surgeon today. I had been out of my mind with worry for a month, but today he checked my eye and it's ok!

So I am both happy and VERY relieved! :cheer:

That is very great news! we only have two of them after all. :thumbsup:

And for me, I found out my son passed the talented art testing. :yay: