What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Electricity. Been w/o power since last evening after severe thunderstorms tore through central Virginia during rush hour (microburst/wind shear). Lots of downed trees, power lines, and damaged homes :( We're fine; house is fine. Just got the power back, we were very fortunate.

Electricity. Been w/o power since last evening after severe thunderstorms tore through central Virginia during rush hour (microburst/wind shear). Lots of downed trees, power lines, and damaged homes :( We're fine; house is fine. Just got the power back, we were very fortunate.

What part of Va are you from? My brother lives up north there in Berryville.

Are you anywhere near King's Dominion? Used to go there as a kid.

Edited by sailor86

They closed our office at 2 today for the holiday, so I get a 3.25 day weekend! :D:cheer: Looking forward to some :suntan: and also a couple of :running: and maybe one or 2 :toast:

I hope everyone who is celebrating this weekend has a safe and happy holiday :)

Happy for my daughter as she was just popped the big question. And of course she said yes. I now feel much older.

Mazel Tov!! :toast:

And... this means you are much older... :)

Happy for my daughter as she was just popped the big question. And of course she said yes. I now feel much older.

Congrats!!!! Nex thing you know the grandkids will be coming over to see Gramps. :D

Edited by ledzepfvr

I am guessing the toast is a good thing EBK> Thanksbiggrin.gif

It's hebrew/yiddish for Good Luck - but not as in a wish for good luck, but in the fact that you're having good luck. Meaning congratulations!!

So, yes, it's a good thing!! :D

It's hebrew/yiddish for Good Luck - but not as in a wish for good luck, but in the fact that you're having good luck. Meaning congratulations!!

So, yes, it's a good thing!! biggrin.gif

I should have known ans my ex wife is jewish. So by blood I guess my daughters are, even though they were confirmed and will be married in a Catholic church. Thanks!

So, yes, it's a good thing!! :D

I had a fellow tell me in high school that his surname, Glick, which happens to be mine as well, is "good luck" in Yiddish. True?

shalomyall.jpg

jewishcowboy.jpg

flagofisrael2.jpg

I had a fellow tell me in high school that his surname, Glick, which happens to be mine as well, is "good luck" in Yiddish. True?

shalomyall.jpg

jewishcowboy.jpg

flagofisrael2.jpg

According to the trusty Yiddish Dictionary Online, it means "luck, good fortune, happiness." Very nice!!

My father's family spoke Yiddish around the house all the time when I was a kid. I wish I'd paid attention (I hate it wnen parents turn out to be right - they told me to learn foreign languages and keep up with my piano lessons... :) )