What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Yay teams!! :cheer:

We're probably getting new Droid phones this week too; we went info gathering at the Verizon store last weekend. They seem to be the up and coming technology.

I am happy after a great 4 mile run with good 'tunes on a beautiful crisp fall morning. :) Chasing my son; who was ~ 5 minutes ahead of me, and whom I never saw :lol:

That's cause he was running away from someone with auburn hair claiming to be his mom :P:lol:

I used the birthday present one of my daughers got for me today. A half hour massage session. Went too fast though. Ohh..I feel so good and relaxed now. I had forgot how a nice massage can make you feel. I used to have them done a few years ago and quit. I think I will start going back again to take care of all those upper back issues I have going on.

I'm free. :yay: Done. Finished. Completed my civic duty to society.

Only took 4 days. One hour to diliberate. 10 of the other jurors had the same thoughts as I and found in favor of the defendant.

Life resumes back to a normal pattern for me.

Two things made me happy today :

1. When I heard the news that all 33 miners from Chile are safe and sound! :D

2. When I got "down and dirty" from a very literal sense when I chose to clean my apartment from top to bottom just to help my mom out and I must say that I am pretty proud of the results! :D

Yes it's great news that all those miners were safely rescued, isn't it Kiwi? I just hope the mine owner does the right thing now and permanently closes that mine since it's so unsafe.

I've also been getting 'down and dirty' this morning - cleaning the house I mean! :D My old vacuum cleaner broke down earlier in the week, so I've been taking my new one for a spin around the house today. It's amazing the amount of dust in the carpet that it managed to suck up! :o

Yes it's great news that all those miners were safely rescued, isn't it Kiwi? I just hope the mine owner does the right thing now and permanently closes that mine since it's so unsafe.

I've also been getting 'down and dirty' this morning - cleaning the house I mean! :D My old vacuum cleaner broke down earlier in the week, so I've been taking my new one for a spin around the house today. It's amazing the amount of dust in the carpet that it managed to suck up! :o

I hope so too Magic! I think it is the only right and decent thing to do at this point by the mine owner!

So, you've been cleaning too? Cool! :D I was (I must confess) absolutely dreading it but I just got down to it and I felt this sort of sense of accomplishment when I finished! LOL! :lol: And my semi-new vacuum cleaner (it's about a month old) almost sucked away one of my freshly washed pairs of socks which I was about to put away after the cleaning expedition! Vacuum cleaners are pretty powerful objects! LOL! :lol:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Reading some excerpts from Keith Richards' upcoming autobiography [i can't link to it for some reason, but it's on Yahoo News, the Daily Mail, etc.]

No matter how depressed/tired/cranky I am, the Stones can always cheer me up, I don't know why. Maybe there's such a strong life-force embedded in Jagger's voice and Keef's guitar, it just gets the blood stirring again. I've said it many times - Thank God for the Rolling Stones. Even tho Keith is sure he's going to Lucifer's realm when he dies, I think God will relent at the final moment because He knows Keith would be such amusing company.

Edited by FireOpal

I totally agree. Also, the smell of homemade apple raisin pie wafting through the house.

Just got back from dinner and your making me hungry again. Is this Canadian Thanksgiving payback ? If it is, it's working :lol:

^YUM!

I made 6 loaves of zucchini bread this morning. I'm planning on freezing a few. I meant to give some away, but I forgot them and remembered only when I was 20 miles away at my mom's house.'

Speaking of: I got to play with my niece today! I taught her how to roll down a hill. We took a walk to the park becuase we heard a train coming (she loves trains), and we ended up staying becuase she had a lot of fun running around. We rolled down this long hill; she laughed so hard I was sure she was going to hurt herself.

I just got home from visiting her. I'm beat. ;)

I saw a cheery bumper sticker that says, "It's almost 2012!" There's no indication on the sticker what the person is looking forward to, so I assume he or she is happily anticipating the Mayan prophecy of doom/the end of time/the world/life as we know it on Dec. 21, 2012.

It made me smile, and in rush-hour traffic, that's rare.

I saw a cheery bumper sticker that says, "It's almost 2012!" There's no indication on the sticker what the person is looking forward to, so I assume he or she is happily anticipating the Mayan prophecy of doom/the end of time/the world/life as we know it on Dec. 21, 2012.

It made me smile, and in rush-hour traffic, that's rare.

:lol: I like that! That's what made me happy today, too! lol

My new laptop is up and running, the wireless router finally arrived :cheer::yay: The printer is up too. I still haven't been able to get audio on the webcam to work and I will need to figure that out in the next few days for my online class. I may need to get a headset. But otherwise everything seems to be working, knock on wood. :)