What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The kids and I went shopping with my Mom. Spent some gift cards, returned a few things and ate (and ate, and ate!) :lol: And lots of laughs. :)

Sounds like a fun day had by all ! Nothing like going shopping with Granny...my kids couldn't wait :lol:

An early morning walk along the river with my dog ... good for the soul :)

Ah Soul, yeah, love a good walk with my dog too, think its about time right now, 2.15am, no muggers or robbers are out now so it should be safe for them as I'm not a BIG fan of those activities. My little doggie always remembers this bench that I like to stop at so as not to wear myself out so I had better take some treats for the both of us hey?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Just got an email to say my Budgie bits are being sent to me for the Budgies Christmas prezzies, how wonderful?

Sounds like a fun day had by all ! Nothing like going shopping with Granny...my kids couldn't wait :lol:

Yes, my youngest did the most shopping :lol: Bought this hilarious fake hair extension thing with beads in it at Claire's; did a Build a Bear, bought some clothes and got a Starbucks :lol: She has more $ than I do :blink:

I need to charge my iPod tonight so I can go for a long overdue run tomorrow morning. No more sweets for me!

Ah Soul, yeah, love a good walk with my dog too, think its about time right now, 2.15am, no muggers or robbers are out now so it should be safe for them as I'm not a BIG fan of those activities. My little doggie always remembers this bench that I like to stop at so as not to wear myself out so I had better take some treats for the both of us hey?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Just got an email to say my Budgie bits are being sent to me for the Budgies Christmas prezzies, how wonderful?

First day without heavy rain in quite sometime Danny. Had to take advantage of it. I hear ya about the dangers. I alway's walk with a big shlalalie tucked away.... know what I mean :D

First day without heavy rain in quite sometime Danny. Had to take advantage of it. I hear ya about the dangers. I alway's walk with a big shlalalie tucked away.... know what I mean :D

Yep I sure do, my weapon of choice is my quick wit, if I come across a dodgy character hell bent on owning something of mine I engage him in some idle chit chat before telling him what an idiot his sense of fashion is doing to his street cred before slipping back in too the shadows and leaving him perplexed as to my comments, if that dusney work a good boot up the bollocks usually will suffice or a well placed poke in the eyes should do the trick. :watchingyou:

Its been a long time since I did that stroll mate. :o;):lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, We're off for our walk now peeps, sees ya tomorrow, toddle pip now hey?

Edited by BIGDAN

• 2 weeks later...

This story, you know when your times p your times up, and when it isn't this happens :)

12th Jan 11 Italian man sneezes out bulletby Harry OldfieldAn Italian man has startled doctors by sneezing out a bullet. Darco Sangermano had been celebrating the New Year with his girlfriend in the city of Naples when a stray bullet struck him in the right temple. The .22 missile went behind his right eye and became lodged in the 28-year-olds nasal cavity.

Naples is known for getting particularly high spirited during the party season with revellers enjoying letting off the odd firework and gunshot. Mr Sangermano started to bleed like he had been shot in the head and was quickly taken to a nearby hospital as partygoers rang in the New Year.

While waiting for medical attention, doctors were astounded when the patient sneeze and the bullet flew out of his right nostril. Doctors then examined the patient and operated to move some splinters of bone which had lodged behind Mr Sangermano’s eye as the bullet entered his head.

They have since said that the patient, who is from Turin, should make a total recovery. Doctors pointed out that Mr Sangermano’s eye, and indeed his life, had been saved because the bullet had been slowed considerably when it hit his skull.

Dr Guglielmo Ramieri explained in an interview that the bullet had impacted with the temporal bone which is close to the temple. The bullet was so slowed in the process that it then grazed Mr Sangermano’s eyeball without directly impacting with it. Although the patient will need a bit of fine tuning to his retina and his eyesight will be a little fuzzy for a while, he will not lose the use of his eye, according to the surgeons.

The local record calling to say they had finally received the new EP from the War on Drugs called Future Weather. This EP has been next impossible to find locally. Since they're playing here in March I had just resigned myself to waiting until their gig to pick up a copy.

We went from 1c -10c in less than 6hrs. The 8in of snow we received yesterday has melted away. I'm happy it has but I've never seen it do that here without the help of rain ...never :mellow: .

Reading this review of Zeppelin's Heartbreaker Riff :)

"04 'Heartbreaker' Led Zeppelin (1969) Picking the best Jimmy Page riff is a lot like picking the best sexual position: You can make a convincing argument for most of them. Some involve more technique and manual dexterity ('Black Dog'), while others involve sheer power ('Kashmir'), but they all leave you tired and happy. We're going with Led Zeppelin's 'Heartbreaker' because, well, we had to pick one, and it kicks copious amounts of ass"

Having a tooth extracted that's been bothering me for a while. My dentist said it was a "ticking time bomb" so better to have it removed now rather than waiting for the pain to begin. Anyone that's ever suffered a toothache knows it's an unshakable, unbearable pain. While the tooth extraction experience is less than pleasurable, better to have it behind me than dealing with the uncertainty of when the pain would set in if I didn't have it extracted.