What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I'm getting a new computer this weekend! A 13" white MacBook. Couldn't be happier. I've always wanted a Mac, but finances were never in the right place for it to happen until now. I'm going to enjoy the hell out of never having to update firewalls, anti-virus/anti-virus spyware, or anti-malware programs.

I got a new computer last week. A 14" red Dell, and while I'll still have to deal with anti-everything programs, it weighs a lot less than my old one so my shoulder won't fall off when travelling!

And it's fast!! :)

Hi 'kiwi'

All your hard work payed off, now time to let off a bit of steam & have FUN.

Well done you have earned a break. :beer:

Cate

Hi Cate! :D Thank you so much!! :D I am taking a 2 day break and that certainly makes me very happy! :D

:you_rock::gimmefive: Woo Hoo!! Great job! :)

Thank you so much Virginia! :friends: BTW, I hope you enjoyed watching "The King's Speech"! :D That's a really great movie if you ask me! :thumbsup:

Many congrats on doing so well in your exam Kiwi! :D Enjoy your break, you certainly deserve it. :)

I haven't seen The King's Speech yet. I must be of the few that hasn't. I'm hoping to finally get to see it sometime next week.

Why thank you so much Magic! :friends: I'm hoping to catch "The King's Speech" myself, sometime this month! B)

Meeting a wonderful new person online. :)

that's great! i have met some amazing people online ( here and facebook ), i hope i get to meet them in real life one day. :)

also, what made me happy was getting some nice prezzies for my birthday. i had to work from 6am till 3pm, but after i got home i got a lovely soft throw rug that heats up. so good while watching tv on these cold nights! and i got a photo of my youngest son, flowers, chockies, dvd. puzzle books, oil of olay, and a new teflon skillet. yay! :)

and thankyou to those lovely forum members who sent me birthday wishes here, i really appreciate it! :):)

The commode was refilling at odd times. To fix that, I scrapped the toilet flapper on it's underside, to remove and film build up, and now, the toilet doesn't refill at odd times, and my water bill should be lower.

Last year, I replaced some rubber parts for the shower hot and cold faucets, and, that fixed any drip after those were turned off.

Edited by The Rover

The rain finally stopped! After the better part of 3 weeks.

Fortunately no flooding where I live and my town isn't burning to the ground as we speak.

Here is wishing all the best to those in need right now.

Gotta echo that. Tornados, floods, and now wildfires taking out the town of Slave Lake. Terrible stuff !

I went to Barnes and Noble and discovered they had a new edition of The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits.

My battered copy I was using only went up to the year 1987. Imagine all the new music I can look up from 1987-2010!

I often reference the book for the one hit wonders thread to verify stats and gather trivia tidbits.

That means even more songs to post.

How exciting is that! (okay, maybe not exciting but fun!)

......................... :) missy

Having the ability to control myself and not hit my boss in the back of the head with a large rock....he's safe for another day!

:lol: Sounds like you're ready for the long weekend !