What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

For one thing my daughter graduated high school today :D:cheer:!! And then when we got home and were relaxing my sister calls me and says "hey I'd like to take you to see Robert Plant and The Band of Joy". After I stopped squealing and crying I started laughing my ass off! It's been a dream of mine. And it's finally coming true. I'm a VERY HAPPY me :hurrah::D !

For one thing my daughter graduated high school today :D:cheer:!! And then when we got home and were relaxing my sister calls me and says "hey I'd like to take you to see Robert Plant and The Band of Joy". After I stopped squealing and crying I started laughing my ass off! It's been a dream of mine. And it's finally coming true. I'm a VERY HAPPY me :hurrah::D !

WOW! What a great day! :D Congratulations to your daughter, and way cool on the concert!! :D

I took down the pick four at Woodbine in Canada. Online account, picked the winners of races four through seven. 2-4-11-10. $1 got me a return of $817. I know how to pick winners folks. Been doing it for a long time. The problem is you have your share of heartbreakers. I wound up winning $800 for the day but the last race I bet a trifecta. The fucking thing came out 9-14-5 in a photo. I had 14-9-5. I say it was a dead heat. I got robbed. Would have had another $700.

They closed down the motorway today, and there were no diversion signs, so I got lost and took an extra 2 hrs to get home. Which meant I could listen to another Zep boot, and avoided 2 hrs of hell at home with my tormentor.

Win-win! :thumbsup:

Well unlike DavidZoso I don't have the beautiful curves of a female showing up at my door (by the way, congrats DZ) however I do have some beautiful new curves lying in my lap this evening...my new Stratocaster. Time to go make her sing to me.

I spent the day with my friends, helping one of them out. Though it was an all-day thing, it made me happy, and I was able to help my friend get some things done that she thought would take quite some time to complete. That was nice--she got the help she needed so she can relax. :)

Way to go Walter!! thumbsup.gif

Well it's that time of the year again...the McLobster is back! Any one else able to get Lobster at McDonald's? Or is it just a regional thingy?

It's only regional. I have never seen it in any CA McDonalds.

There was a buzz of offering nationwide, but that does not seem to be coming about. Too bad.

That's awesome! I know how hard that is to accomplish!

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. We don't teach to the test like many others do, just get them thinking and problem solving.

Today, I finished post-planning and now summer vacay begins!! Going to St. Augustine for the weekend tomorrow!

Peace.

Thanks to everyone for their nice comments. We don't teach to the test like many others do, just get them thinking and problem solving.

Today, I finished post-planning and now summer vacay begins!! Going to St. Augustine for the weekend tomorrow!

Peace.

Have fun!

I've been on summer vacay since the 1st at 2:30pm. ;)

Finally being able to participate on this forum. I emailed the webmaster and asked why I could sign on but not navigate the sight. Then after a few hours, voila, I'm here!

Thank you!

Now let's see what's shakin'.

Welcome to the forum Lynvalet. You should introduce yourself in the meet and greet.

Have fun.

Welcome to the forum Lynvalet.  You should introduce yourself in the meet and greet. Have fun.

I sort of did in the "what's your real name" thread. I'm not much on intro's and outro's, I like to just jump into the fray. Thanks though.

I fell asleep this afternoon, and missed early Sunday closing at Tesco. This was a bummer, cos we're out of vital ingredients, so I wondered what the hell we'd be eating tonight.

From out of nowhere, in under an hour, my wonderful wife has just rustled up a four-dish Chinese meal:

Sweet & sour chicken

Chicken in black bean sauce

Pork stir-fry in red wine

Egg fried rice.

She is truly amazing - she could make roadkill taste good. In fact, when she lived in Thailand, she used to have to! :lol:

Funny thing is, I didn't think we had any chicken left. And I haven't seen our cat since I woke up...:Thinking:

I fell asleep this afternoon, and missed early Sunday closing at Tesco. This was a bummer, cos we're out of vital ingredients, so I wondered what the hell we'd be eating tonight.

From out of nowhere, in under an hour, my wonderful wife has just rustled up a four-dish Chinese meal:

Sweet & sour chicken

Chicken in black bean sauce

Pork stir-fry in red wine

Egg fried rice.

She is truly amazing - she could make roadkill taste good. In fact, when she lived in Thailand, she used to have to! :lol:

Funny thing is, I didn't think we had any chicken left. And I haven't seen our cat since I woke up...:Thinking:

Do post a pic of kitty when you find him/her. I would expect you to weigh about 400 lbs the way you eat. I dont mean this dish but some of the others. My cat is so finicky, I changed him back to another type of dry and he is going right for it. He likes variety. That is the trick with him.

I have had a great weekend--I spent Saturday doing things that made me happy, including taking my dog for a long walk, visiting with my grandmother, hanging out with my baby (okay, almost 3-year old) niece, and going to lunch with my baby sister).

Today, I went to a friend's daughter's birthday party and I got to drive the car I bought last week. :D

2 things made me happy :D today.

1. Seeing my godson perform with his Performing Arts Magnet of Hollywood High in their production of "Chicago"! Wow, don't know if we would've been allowed to do this when I was in high school...even in the freewheeling 70's. Lots of risqué numbers and costumes. Parents would've been up in arms. And they even had a real orchestra in the pit...not a student orchestra but professional musicians. That's some budget they got at Hollywood High.

2. Dallas beating Miami to win the NBA championship...and deny Lebron his. I usually don't engage in schadenfreude, but in this case, I can't help it.

2 things made me happy :D today.

1. Seeing my godson perform with his Performing Arts Magnet of Hollywood High in their production of "Chicago"! Wow, don't know if we would've been allowed to do this when I was in high school...even in the freewheeling 70's. Lots of risqué numbers and costumes. Parents would've been up in arms. And they even had a real orchestra in the pit...not a student orchestra but professional musicians. That's some budget they got at Hollywood High.

2. Dallas beating Miami to win the NBA championship...and deny Lebron his. I usually don't engage in schadenfreude, but in this case, I can't help it.

Damn dude. I cant keep up with you!! I thought you were in the fucking hospital? Now you are out on the town. Ha. Good for you. I am happy as hell Dallas won too. How about that kid Barea? Took Lebron's ass to school!

1. Waking up to a beautiful and sunny day. Never a bad thing.

2. Dallas winning the NBA Championship over Miami. Very nice way to start out my week.

3. Looking forward to some fun events this weekend. Always a way to help me get through the week.