What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

• 2 weeks later...

My first totally successful chicken, bacon & mushroom pie. After his first mouthful, my son said 'This is delicious, Daddy'. (He will always wolf down my concoctions, and has correctly identified me as an immeasurably better cook than my ex-wife, but I think this was his first actual compliment.)

I usually get the cheapest white wine I can find to cook with, but last time it was so weak I had to use the whole bottle, and the pie ended up tasting like vinegar. So this time I bought a semi-decent bottle. Also, my lardons usually disintegrate, but this time I fried them in advance and only added them to the mix just before putting it in the dish.

A tip: never cook with any wine you wouldn't be happy to drink.

My doctor visit this morning, the doctor did a "feeling test" with my foot to see how much I could feel...I have been insulin-dependent for 33 years, and she told me my foot was in great shape, and that lots of people with diabetes lose feeling in their feet in a shorter time that I have had diabetes...So I was smiling, things I've done have paid off all this time...

My doctor visit this morning, the doctor did a "feeling test" with my foot to see how much I could feel...I have been insulin-dependent for 33 years, and she told me my foot was in great shape, and that lots of people with diabetes lose feeling in their feet in a shorter time that I have had diabetes...So I was smiling, things I've don e have paid off all this time...

Hey 'luvlz2' thats great news, i'm from a family with many insulin dependent people in it, myself included, if you want to share any of your experiances i would be only too happy to hear them, if you want to start a topic i would be very willing to participate with some of my own suggestions that have worked for me. :D

Regards, Danny

Hey 'luvlz2' thats great news, i'm from a family with many insulin dependent people in it, myself included, if you want to share any of your experiances i would be only too happy to hear them, if you want to start a topic i would be very willing to participate with some of my own suggestions that have worked for me. :D

Regards, Danny

O.K. perhaps...I'd be happy to email with you, I will send you a PM.

edit; I sent you an email instead...

Edited by luvlz2

• 2 weeks later...

The two songs my daughter has let me chose between for our wedding dance. My daughter will be married on Aug 13th. The songs are both country. One is Rascal Flats and the other a female singer, hmmm, cant remember her name. Starts with an S I think. Anyway, it sucks. I would have preferred Sinatra I have told her.

OUCH. I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE UNHAPPY THREAD. DANG

Edited by silvermedalist

^^^

I concur 1000% Electro...I'm jonesin' for a Beastie Boys tour!

Lunch just made me happy...beef panang curry at this wonderful Thai restaurant in Pasadena, called Nine & Nine. :D

Melanie, get yo' groove on girl! Same goes for the rest of you lovely Led lasses.

Edited by Strider

Damn you, there isn't a decent Thai restaurant around here for miles. Indian food, yes; Chinese food, yes; Mexican food, yes. No Thai. No fair.

We've got one good one here; unfortunately nobody else in the family cares for Thai :(.

Yesterday, I came home from University at 5 PM. I was cold, tired and hungry. As soon as I reached home, my mom had such a wonderful suprise for me. My best friend on this forum (who is probably one of the best friends I've ever had in my life), sent me a book which she has written (yes folks, she is one incredibly talented lady! B) for writing a book on an exceptionally dense subject like Neo-Libralism, which seems a very interesting read :)) and this beautiful card which she had taken the trouble of making, just for me! :yay::wub:

Photo0715.jpg?t=1311642904

I feel like one incredibly lucky kid to have a friend like her! :D This card and that book are gifts that I'll treasure for the rest of my life! :wub:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Yesterday, I came home from University at 5 PM. I was cold, tired and hungry. As soon as I reached home, my mom had such a wonderful suprise for me. My best friend on this forum (who is probably one of the best friends I've ever had in my life), sent me a book which she has written (yes folks, she is one incredibly talented lady! B) for writing a book on an exceptionally dense subject like Neo-Libralism, which seems a very interesting read :)) and this beautiful card which she had taken the trouble of making, just for me! :yay::wub:

I feel like one incredibly lucky kid to have a friend like her! :D This card and that book are gifts that I'll treasure for the rest of my life! :wub:

You are incredibily lucky Kiwi, and so is she, why you may ask? because you are both friends of BIGDAN the Magnificent. :o;):lol:

Now back to reality, what a wonderful gift from and to a wonderful person, i'm very envious and i dont normaly do envy, enjoy. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

You are incredibily lucky Kiwi, and so is she, why you may ask? because you are both friends of BIGDAN the Magnificent. :o;):lol:

Now back to reality, what a wonderful gift from and to a wonderful person, i'm very envious and i dont normaly do envy, enjoy. :D

Kind Regards, Danny

Danny, may I add that it is an honour being friends with the wittiest guy on the board! :DB);) And yep! I am enjoying the gifts immensely! I can't stop starring at that card! :D I don't even know what on earth I could have possibly done to deserve it! :D

Danny, may I add that it is an honour being friends with the wittiest guy on the board! :DB);) And yep! I am enjoying the gifts immensely! I can't stop starring at that card! :D I don't even know what on earth I could have possibly done to deserve it! :D

Just being you, and the fact you gave someone your address might have helped. ;)

Now as for me being witty, well i know i'm not to most peoples taste and my Mother In Law used to say "If wit was shit you'd be constipated" so i take it as a honour that you think so highly of mine, i am legendary in my own household and my youngest son once said he wished i was one of his friends, when i enquired why he said because i make him laugh so much. But was he laughing with me or at me? i havent worked that one out yet. :lol:

I hope, no i know it will be a good read. :D

Very Kind Regards, Danny