What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My friend Lydia is treating me to The Griddle...this FANTABULOUS place on Sunset with Gi-normous pancakes and awesome French Toast! Pretty good lunch items, too, but it always seems a waste to go there and NOT order pancakes or french toast.

What are we drinking? Vodka? Wine? I wish I were happy. I am writing a speech.

Right now, french roast with vanilla creamer.

The rum and coke with a twist of lime is for later.

Good luck on the speech. Short and sweet, from the heart for your daughter.

Coming back from the Farmer's Market loaded to the gills with fresh veggies makes me very happy. I picked up some squash, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet corn, cabbage, onions, Romaine lettuce, and green beans.

Not only is this place easy to get to, but the prices are very reasonable.

Hi ebk :wave:

We've got that to do as well. She's shrinking and I'm getting wider :lol:

Hi ally!!

I'm sorry to say I seem to be on your side of this dilemma ... can't quite squeeze into some of my things... :( But there are still plenty of things I can squeeze into... :D

There's still a lot of stuff to sift through, but at least I've made the start!

I hosted my sister's baby shower today.

It was supposed to be an outdoor affair, and she had about 45 people RSVP. About 30 showed up, and it was too hot to stay outside (95 at noon with NO wind and NO shade). We even set up fans under the covered tent shelter things.

So...we moved it inside, and though there was NO wiggle room (30 people in my 15x15 living room, yipes!), and I almost forgot to bring out the fantastic cupcakes I made for the shower), but it worked.

Now, instead of one mess to clean up, I had two, but everything went well, and my sister got a lot of loot!

I need a nap and a drink. ;)

Edited by manderlyh

Hi ally!!

I'm sorry to say I seem to be on your side of this dilemma ... can't quite squeeze into some of my things... :( But there are still plenty of things I can squeeze into... :D

There's still a lot of stuff to sift through, but at least I've made the start!

:D

Sales tax holiday? What the heck?!? We don't get those.

I need to buy new school clothes. I look like a hobo in the ones I have. <_<

This is a fairly recent development (last ~ 5 years, maybe?). Purchases of school supplies and clothing of up to $100/item are sales tax free; I think this was intended to help stimulate the economy and give people a break. It's for this weekend, Aug 5-7. Stores have discretion to drop tax from other items too as long as they (the stores) pay the tax. Some businesses have laptops tax free this weekend too, for instance.

There are 16 states doing this for back to school (click link to view). Virginia also offers sales tax holidays during other months for energy efficient items and hurricane preparedness.

I ordered a backpack on Friday from LLBean, but did have to pay tax on that (they are in Maine); but the sales price was well worth it ($54.99 on sale for $39.99 plus free shipping).

Any Virginians out here who DON"T have kids and need sneakers, coats, jeans etc....go buy them today!! :) You don't have to have a school kid to get this price break. Many stores are including "dorm stuff" as well, which is good for us, as we're sending one off to college in 2 weeks.

Edited by Virginia

You really should subscribe to her videos. She's hysterical.

OMG Liz, that is :hysterical:

It reminds me so much of my daughter. She spends alot of time on facebook, twitter, tumbler etc.

Shows me the ridiculous videos of animals she finds and all kinds of other stuff she surfs for practically all day when she has a day off of work.

Right now, french roast with vanilla creamer.

The rum and coke with a twist of lime is for later.

Good luck on the speech. Short and sweet, from the heart for your daughter.

Thanks. I have written it. I will try and memorize it as I willl no doubt look silly holding index cards to refer to? May have to cheat a little, it will be a little tough not to be a bit nervous. I did have to give a eulogy at my fathers funeral but that is quite different even though I did have to speak in front of a full church.

Huh - the O's actually won a game. With a walk-off HR. That so rarely happens...

:D

Its too painfull for me to watch anymore. How the hell can they be doing this bad>? Is it the pitching? I thought at least they would hit. I think the one kid is a bright spot. Arremia is it? What a miserable year. Of course it did not help losing our second baseman so early.