What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I have to brag. I'm officially a BAMF.

I went to a local pizzeria, one that does habanero pizzas in August every year. I went with a friend and we had a single hab pizza (they have doubles and triples) and we lived to tell the tale!

I only had two pieces, but it was good! It had good flavor, and the heat didn't overpower it like I thought it might.

http://www.flyingpie.com/manvsfood.html

^It was even on Man vs. Food.

I have to brag. I'm officially a BAMF.

I went to a local pizzeria, one that does habanero pizzas in August every year. I went with a friend and we had a single hab pizza (they have doubles and triples) and we lived to tell the tale!

I only had two pieces, but it was good! It had good flavor, and the heat didn't overpower it like I thought it might.

http://www.flyingpie.com/manvsfood.html

^It was even on Man vs. Food.

I saw that episode Manders! I hope you are ok tomorrow. Cheers. :burp:

Last Thursday, it was the Thelonious Monster premiere...today it was another gathering of old punkers and rockers, this time for the Hollywood Walk of Fame induction for the Go-Go's.

All the Go-Go's were there of course...and shock of shocks, it WASN'T Rodney Bingenheimer who inducted them but rather drummer extrordinaire, Clem Burke of Blondie.

Charlotte Caffey is married to Jeff McDonald(Redd Kross), so naturally he was there along with daughter Astrid, who last I saw her was a little girl. She's quite grown up now. The irritating Jenny Lens was also there.

Lots of tattoos and black everywhere. What made the event special, and the reason why I chose to attend this in person, was that it was happening at the location where the old punk club, The Masque, was located...in the basement below the Pussycat Theatre at Hollywood and Cherokee.

Good times man. A joyful day indeed. Good to touch base with old faces.

Now, I'm waiting to see this new Pulp documentary at the Don't Knock the Rock Festival, while watching the nearly full moon rise in the night sky.

Edited by Strider

I saw that episode Manders! I hope you are ok tomorrow. Cheers. :burp:

Well, I JUST watched it. I was scared to watch it before we got the pizza.

They said the triple has 18 peppers.

We only ordered the single. It has 6 peppers.

...and it was hot as hell.

My 7 year old son was tested for gifted and qualified with high numbers. Not I am a huge fan of giving kids "labels", but it opens doors to programs for him to enhance his education, entering 2nd grade.

Plus, NASCAR is racing @ Watkins Glen this weekend - legendary track, great racing!

My 7 year old son was tested for gifted and qualified with high numbers. Not I am a huge fan of giving kids "labels", but it opens doors to programs for him to enhance his education, entering 2nd grade.

Plus, NASCAR is racing @ Watkins Glen this weekend - legendary track, great racing!

Congratulations to your son; that's wonderful! :)

I had a great run this morning; gearing up for a race on Labor Day weekend. Dorm fridge search was a success too :) Looks like we'll have some much needed rain today (forest fires in parts of VA right now); glad I got my run in early.

Had a great "meet your teacher" night tonight - except for one emotionally disturbed parent who started some sh!t. It's that time of the year again, to recreate magic in these kids - with next to no support from the county/state of FL.

Went to Borders this afternoon and found Chuck Klosterman's books "Eating the Dinosaur" and "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs", Ronnie Wood's autobiography and Craig Ferguson "American on Purpose". All either 40 or 50% off.

Then went to Half Price Books this evening and found "An Idiot Abroad", an anthology of Creem magazine and Keith Shadwick's Zeppelin book. All between 50 - 75% off.

Not bad for a Saturday.