What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

What a day Kiwi! Love the pics from far away (for me). What a beautiful place.

I know I'm going out on a limb here...but...you love your mom don't you? :D

Did you enjoy the ferry trip?

Awww...thank you! :D Yes! I enjoyed every minute! :D It was for about 90 minutes and I was so excited that I even photographed the deck of the ferry! :lol: We took a tour of the habour, Queen's Warf, went past Bean Rock lighthouse, caught a glimpse of the naval base but Rangitoto was the highlight! One word to describe that island "breathtaking" B)

And yes! I really love my mom! She means the world to me! How did you guess? :blush:

That date has a meaning for me too. I found a black cat while playing music in a club uptown (Jan.9th, 2009). When we arrived at the Club (Howlin' Wolf) , "Whole Lotta Love" was on the jukebox. The cat was roaming in and out of the place-looking for attention. The owner said he had been feeding him for a month but couldn't keep him in the club anymore. I asked him if I could take him home after the gig. He was delighted. We properly named him - "Zeppelin"

so you adopted a cat on jimmy page's birthday which you called called zeppelin from a club called Howlin Wolf one day before the anniversary of Howlin' Wolf's death. If I was superstitious I would argue that you got the black cat out of there just in the nick of time. :)

Edited by mckjuana

So glad to hear this Deborah.

Hello My Friend!!! Thanks so much. I hope we talk soon, but if we don't get the chance before the holidays, Have a great Christmas and New Year and let's talk soon. You know I can't listen to Bonamassa anymore and not think of you :-)

so you adopted a cat on jimmy page's birthday which you called called zeppelin from a club called Howlin Wolf one day before the anniversary of Howlin' Wolf's death. If I was superstitious I would argue that you got the black cat out of there just in the nick of time. :)

Great post!!! :-) Lucky cat to say the least then he names him Zeppelin...gotta love it!!! :D

Awww...thank you! :D Yes! I enjoyed every minute! :D It was for about 90 minutes and I was so excited that I even photographed the deck of the ferry! :lol: We took a tour of the habour, Queen's Warf, went past Bean Rock lighthouse, caught a glimpse of the naval base but Rangitoto was the highlight! One word to describe that island "breathtaking" B)

And yes! I really love my mom! She means the world to me! How did you guess? :blush:

That is so nice, thanks for the photos also. Your a GREAT daughter!!!!!!!!! :-)

That is so nice, thanks for the photos also. Your a GREAT daughter!!!!!!!!! :-)

Thanks Deb! :blush: I honestly feel incredibly blessed to have a mom like mine. We are more than a mother-daughter pair. She and I can read each other like a book and our birthdays are barely 24 hours apart and she is pretty much one of my best friends! :wub:

Kiwi did you happen to get a picture of the Bean Rock light house? It is very old, a great history and, at least for here, very different than ours.

My mother, also a Zep fan at 71, is a huge fan of light houses.

Hi MINI_Zoso :wave:

You're in luck! :D I managed to take a photo of the Bean Rock Lighthouse. The ferry was moving rather quickly at that point and I captured that image in the nick of time! B) BTW, it is really awesome that your mom is a fan of Zep! B) Cheers! :beer:

Here you go:

I wish I could have got a closer view though!

Photo1154.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Kiwi!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-EdW1amwg

Thanks! That is so awesome! :thanku: I know there are pics of it on the interweb, but when you (sorta) know the photographer it just looks better. I would like to email a copy to my mum.

Ps: just wanted to say I have a niece who's nick name is Kiwi.

The pleasure is all mine MINI_Zoso! :D And by all means, please do email that photo to your mom with my best regards! Cheers to you! :beer:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

Took my husband out for his 60th birthday dinner (wow - how did that happen? :) ) Had a marvelous dinner, then a dessert cocktail consisting of Godiva Chocolate liqueur, vodka, and peanut butter. Yes, real peanut butter. It was sooooooooooooo good.... :)

Today I found out that I will be checking off an item on my bucket list.

Friday I will be volunteering to decorate a Rose Parade float. I will be working on Paramount's float, which has among other items, the Starship Enterprise. Hopefully I will be able to work on that part of the float. I am going with my daughter who has a friend that works at Paramount and is making this happen for us.

Afterward she will be dropping me off at a campground which the hubby will hopefully already have set up and waiting for me.

Friday will be an exciting day for me.

Happy New Year.