What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

That great news Kiwi! :) Enjoy the time you have together.

Thank you Magic! :D

Wow 'Kiwi'

has your Dad been at sea all that time?

Hope you & your Mom have a great time with him. Must be like a late Christmas present... :cheer:

Hi Fool! :wave:

Indeed he has. And yes! It did seem like I got a rather late but splendid Christmas present! :D

So I went to see Deep Purple last night!

That alone is enough for this post. However, sitting next to me, in the front row I might add, on one side was a long time friend. On the other were two men, I didn't know them, they were also childhood friends. One was quadriplegic :( . They went to see the show the night before in another city. My point...we talked about the concerts we had all gone to and were still on our wish list. Of course I mentioned Zeppelin, which I have not seen in any form, when the gentleman in the wheel chair lit up and said "I saw them!!"

His speech was not the best unfortunately, but he lived in Germany with his parents as a kid (this is where the two of them became friends) if I understood correctly he went to Mannheim to see them in 1979. He might have said Munich though, the "1979" was clear. To see him brighten up when talking about it was so great.

For me it was great to speak, for the first time, to someone who was "there" .

Oh, they just nailed "Smoke on the Water"

So I went to see Deep Purple last night!

That alone is enough for this post. However, sitting next to me, in the front row I might add, on one side was a long time friend. On the other were two men, I didn't know them, they were also childhood friends. One was quadriplegic :( . They went to see the show the night before in another city. My point...we talked about the concerts we had all gone to and were still on our wish list. Of course I mentioned Zeppelin, which I have not seen in any form, when the gentleman in the wheel chair lit up and said "I saw them!!"

His speech was not the best unfortunately, but he lived in Germany with his parents as a kid (this is where the two of them became friends) if I understood correctly he went to Mannheim to see them in 1979. He might have said Munich though, the "1979" was clear. To see him brighten up when talking about it was so great.

For me it was great to speak, for the first time, to someone who was "there" .

Oh, they just nailed "Smoke on the Water"

hey mini zoso, i saw deep purple about 12 years ago, i waited at the exit gate in the rain, and jumped in front of every car that came out of the venue.

it paid off, i got autographs!!

As far as I can make out, no tax was due, because it was a gift, or a loan, or an investment. Either way, I don't care, and I don't care if he was actually guilty or not. All I care about is him being the next England manager. If it took a miscarriage of justice to achieve that, well, that's fine by me.

How were the fans cheated, btw? The money was Mandaric's, not the club's.

If it was a Gift then Tax is paid by the Giver at 40%

If it was a Loan then as long as it gets paid back there is nothing wrong with that.

If it was an Investment then I'm sure Tax would need to be paid.

The Fans were cheated because in the end they have to pay for the 10% that the Agent of the player pays the manager for signing the player.

This happened a lot back in the good old days, huge bundles of cash being exchanged in carrierbags, Brian Clough was one such mentioned.

And as i said before its the Fans that pay throught the nose once again, if the money was from Mandaric's as a gift then he would be the one who would have to pay the 40% gift tax, but wasent if for buying players?

What a waste of money - who will be fired over spending millions on a case over a few hundred thousand £ - must be very embarrassed.

Genuine question, are we really expecting Capello to be dismissed and Redknapp to take over for Euro2012? Can't see it myself.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Harry's a shoo-in. And even if he doesn't get to start the job while he's still at Spurs, and it has to wait until the end of the season, we've got more chance of success at the Euros with him in charge for just a few weeks than with that clown tosser.

Most likely scenario: Harry will stay at Spurs until it becomes obvious that (1) Spurs have no chance of the championship and (2) are guaranteed a CL place. Some time in April, I'd guess.

Sorted.

I just had this posted to my Facebook wall.

"And the thing is some people want Harry Redknapp to be the next England manager. He cant Weed or Wight (Read or Write), use a Computer and has his "Bonuses" invested in his dogs offshore account, GOOD HELP US, oh yeah and he is as dodgy as fcuk, I wont be surprised if he wins the World Cup for England, well Fifa are open to Bungs aren't they? and Harry is the Bung King, lol."