What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Yes that is correct. Where there's one you usually find two. They are very common here. I hear them everyday in the fields behind my house. Noisy bastards they are. My camara was downstairs and by the time I had the chance he/she had flown off. Beautiful bird though I think Female. So I may have to re name it. One thing though, I do like to eat them. :o

Same here, they are all over Cow Bay, I rather like them. I find it funny when they try and fly and get off a few feet from the ground and give up.

I haven't spoken yet. I'm studying the book and doing the online test which account for a big part of my grade. I'm not exactly jumping for joy to do the speaking. We'll see how the actual speeches go before too long. :wacko:

Just started my first job today (cashier). On my break now. I feel so grown up! :D

Congratulations! My first job was as a cashier, too...lo these many years ago. Worked in retail for many years and enjoyed the interaction with the people...mostly :) Not sure how I'd handle it now...

Just started my first job today (cashier). On my break now. I feel so grown up! :D

When I was out of work I applied for a cashier job. I got an interview but they never called back. I guess I don't have what it takes. :P Congratulations and stay in school. I assume you still live at home. Enjoy this time! You will have a steady income and won't have a ton of bills like other adults. You will never be this rich again. ;)

A Neil Young & Crazy Horse concert, the Yankees getting swept out of the playoffs, seeing "Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day" twice in two nights, and now tonight seeing Paul Weller and Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings at the Greek.

It's been a very happy three-day stretch from Wed-to-Fri.

HAPPY HAPPY! JOY JOY!

I didn't do anything amazing, but I had such a wonderful day. Good workout, good skate, this afternoon after the sun came out, it turned into an unseasonably warm day.

I was able to take a bike ride down to the shore and walk on the beach. Being able to do this in New England in late October is a special treat. A nice bottle of wine is wating, so it's not over yet!

Day off from work.

100% on my public speaking quiz.

Had Jackstack BBQ for the first time and it was great. I paid for it with the $11 I found in the parking lot of school the other day.

Went bowling, tied for my highest game ever, set my highest average ever, took 3/4 against the best team in the league.

It was a pretty good day. :D

The most beautiful sunrise I have seen in a long time. Peach, lavender, silver, pink, and white clouds were swirled across the sky outside my front door shortly before 7 this morning. I didn't dare try to photograph it.

I just stood there and enjoyed it.

:-)

^^I love a nice sunset...

I'm happy as i bumped into my friend on the school run earlier, and her mum has been given the all-clear for bowel cancer after her operation, so she won't need chemo etc...

Hi amie1974!

That is wonderful news about your friend's mum!