What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I am going to a client's party later, the only one I get to go to but it was awesome last year and we're going to the same bistro. This year I have ordered beef bourguignon, with dauphinois potatoes I think.

It will be interesting to see if it's as good as the BB I made a few months ago, but if it isn't I wouldn't be rude enough to say so. I might just scowl enigmatically.

I am going to a client's party later, the only one I get to go to but it was awesome last year and we're going to the same bistro. This year I have ordered beef bourguignon, with dauphinois potatoes I think.

It will be interesting to see if it's as good as the BB I made a few months ago, but if it isn't I wouldn't be rude enough to say so. I might just scowl enigmatically.

Did you ever find that beef boullion? That was the best. Have a Vodka or Scotch for me

I hear a proud mama talking!! ^^^^^^

Doesn't it just make you tingle when things like this happen to them? :thumbsup:

correct there! thank you mini zoso :) oh it brings a tear to my eye, because he doesn't get a lot of these types of awards. he has ( mild ) aspergers, and this year ( due to something that happened at home ), he has really tried hard.

my son got an award at his end of year school presentation day. it was for over-all improvement. so proud of him. this year he has gone from strength to strength.

I'm spending my time on the wrong threads Slave because this is the kind of news I'd much rather be reading about ! Good for him and good for you :) . Definitely something to be very proud about !

I am happy because the driver of the articulated lorry that spent at least 20 seconds on the wrong side of the road heading straight towards me an hour ago realised his error just in time to return to his side of the road. He wasn't even overtaking anything. Totally empty 1am road. I was so dumbfounded that it didn't even occur to me to flash my lights at him. Fucking foreign drivers.

Now I'm sure there are a few here who wish he hadn't pulled away in time. To you, I say this: TOUGH SHIT.

I am happy because the driver of the articulated lorry that spent at least 20 seconds on the wrong side of the road heading straight towards me an hour ago realised his error just in time to return to his side of the road. He wasn't even overtaking anything. Totally empty 1am road. I was so dumbfounded that it didn't even occur to me to flash my lights at him. Fucking foreign drivers.

Now I'm sure there are a few here who wish he hadn't pulled away in time. To you, I say this: TOUGH SHIT.

Glad you didn't get hit.

my son got an award at his end of year school presentation day. it was for over-all improvement. so proud of him. this year he has gone from strength to strength.

Good for him and you too!! It is funny to think that your son is finishing his school year and my two are just halfway through their's.

Happy summer to you both!

You just got here, Old Shep. Hardly enough time to make enemies already, isn't it? Hell, yours are among the few posts in the CT shooting thread that don't make my head spin like Linda Blair's.

Slave to Zep: Congratulations to your little whippersnapper! :thumbsup:

Glad you didn't get hit.

Thank you for your kind words, David. The lack of similar responses proves my point, I think.

Well at least my wife was relieved. After she had finished laughing about my Secret Santa gift, I told her about the episode and she looked very shocked and then started crying. At first I thought she too was disappointed I hadn't been splatted, but then she hugged me really tight and said 'please be careful, Old Shep. You are everything to me'. She has never said this before, or anything even vaguely resembling it. I was quite touched.

Thank you for your kind words, David. The lack of similar responses proves my point, I think.

Well at least my wife was relieved. After she had finished laughing about my Secret Santa gift, I told her about the episode and she looked very shocked and then started crying. At first I thought she too was disappointed I hadn't been splatted, but then she hugged me really tight and said 'please be careful, Old Shep. You are everything to me'. She has never said this before, or anything even vaguely resembling it. I was quite touched.

Don't put yourself down Old Shep. Nobody on this site wishes any harm to come to a fellow member. Nice one Mrs Old Shep.