What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I am happy because the driver of the articulated lorry that spent at least 20 seconds on the wrong side of the road heading straight towards me an hour ago realised his error just in time to return to his side of the road. He wasn't even overtaking anything. Totally empty 1am road. I was so dumbfounded that it didn't even occur to me to flash my lights at him. Fucking foreign drivers.

Now I'm sure there are a few here who wish he hadn't pulled away in time. To you, I say this: TOUGH SHIT.

I am glad you survived meeting that imbecile.

and she looked very shocked and then started crying. At first I thought she too was disappointed I hadn't been splatted, but then she hugged me really tight and said 'please be careful, Old Shep. You are everything to me'. She has never said this before, or anything even vaguely resembling it. I was quite touched.

Fuck me man, has she been at your Thai Sticks? ;):lol:

I am happy because the driver of the articulated lorry that spent at least 20 seconds on the wrong side of the road heading straight towards me an hour ago realised his error just in time to return to his side of the road. He wasn't even overtaking anything. Totally empty 1am road. I was so dumbfounded that it didn't even occur to me to flash my lights at him. Fucking foreign drivers.

Now I'm sure there are a few here who wish he hadn't pulled away in time. To you, I say this: TOUGH SHIT.

wow, that sounds too close for comfort! glad you are ok :)

Made my Choclate cake today, only problem was I never put the bottom of the cake tin in properly....

But it tasted Fantastic thanks Kev & Sean for the Recipe & Tips... :kiss:

I'm home alone..and I love it...

Just watch out for Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern. ;)

Regarding the cake, Kate...did you forget to line the pan with foil? Did you have leakage? Any photos you wish to share?

Cost Plus World Market made me happy today...this is a great place to pick up interesting presents for any kids or quirky friends on your Christmas list. I knocked off a whole bunch of people on my list...nephews, nieces, friends.

And, as a bonus, after you're done shopping for others you can get yourself some wine and chocolate, as they have an amazing selection of good wines and chocolate from around the world...at very affordable prices. I've bought great French Bordeaux for $15 or less that would be $40-80 somewhere else.

I'm rewarding myself right now with some Lindt Swiss chocolate.

i am officially finished christmas shopping!

except for fresh food, which i will get on christmas eve, from the shop i work at.

hey strider, how long and at what temp do you cook your turkey ? i have THE WORST oven in this house we rent, it's an oven and grill in one, so the element is on the top of the oven - it's hopeless for cooking cakes. i saw gordon ramsay ( can't stand him, but watched this segment ) demonstrating how he cooks them, and he lays strips of bacon over the breast to keep it moist and from burning, and then uses the bacon in his gravy. i think i will try that, and if it burns, i can replace the bacon halfway through. he also rests the meat for the same amount of time that he cooks it- 3 hours to cook = rest for 3 hours!

strider, your in-box is full .....

Sorry, StZ...I'll clear it out ASAP.

Regarding turkey, I usually do either a ham or prime rib or some kind of roast for Christmas. Since my time on Thanksgiving is split between my vegan dinner and my regular dinner, it's all become too much for me to handle, so I let my friend handle the turkey.

But from my experiences, the length of cooking time comes down to the size of the bird and the method: roasting, deep-frying, etc.

That bacon idea from Gordo sounds like a good one; I hadn't thought of that before...will implement it the next time. One tactic we've been using for the past decade is to turn the turkey upside down on the roasting rack halfway through, letting the juices seep down into the breast area.

And yes, letting the bird sit is important...although I generally let it sit for 1/4-1/3 the total cooking time.

Sorry, StZ...I'll clear it out ASAP.

Regarding turkey, I usually do either a ham or prime rib or some kind of roast for Christmas. Since my time on Thanksgiving is split between my vegan dinner and my regular dinner, it's all become too much for me to handle, so I let my friend handle the turkey.

But from my experiences, the length of cooking time comes down to the size of the bird and the method: roasting, deep-frying, etc.

That bacon idea from Gordo sounds like a good one; I hadn't thought of that before...will implement it the next time. One tactic we've been using for the past decade is to turn the turkey upside down on the roasting rack halfway through, letting the juices seep down into the breast area.

And yes, letting the bird sit is important...although I generally let it sit for 1/4-1/3 the total cooking time.

ok, sounds good. thanks :)

pm sent edited to add, no it isn't, your inbox is still full ...

Edited by slave to zep

News of the California Teachers Pension Fund removing their $600 million invested in the fund that is attached to the company that manufactures the AR-15 rifle used in the Connecticut school massacre.

In The Light since 1972.

Trampled Under Foot. My life with Led Zeppelin.

http://petedelorean.tumblr.com/

ok, sounds good. thanks :)

pm sent edited to add, no it isn't, your inbox is still full ...

Sorry Slave...was delayed. I've cleared space now. My inbox had never been full before...my apologies to anyone who attempted to write and couldn't get through.

Morning Sean, the problem with the cake was I never put the bottom of the tin in properly, glad to say I remembered the foil.

Gave half to a Neighbour, should have thought this through a bit better, BD & 1 of my sons are Diabetic, they ate the cake then I had to listen to them babble a load of crap for the next 2 hours, so no more for them.

Didn't think to take a photo of it..

Jules, Melanie & ebk, had a lovely Pedicure, then did a bit of channel surfing (the remote was all mine), even had a power nap.

It was a welcome break as I am with BD 24/7..so I don't have time to miss him,

Melanie glad to hear that your Husband is doing well, how much longer before he is back behind the wheel?

i am officially finished christmas shopping!

except for fresh food, which i will get on christmas eve, from the shop i work at.

hey strider, how long and at what temp do you cook your turkey ? i have THE WORST oven in this house we rent, it's an oven and grill in one, so the element is on the top of the oven - it's hopeless for cooking cakes. i saw gordon ramsay ( can't stand him, but watched this segment ) demonstrating how he cooks them, and he lays strips of bacon over the breast to keep it moist and from burning, and then uses the bacon in his gravy. i think i will try that, and if it burns, i can replace the bacon halfway through. he also rests the meat for the same amount of time that he cooks it- 3 hours to cook = rest for 3 hours!

A good idea Slave is to pack butter under the skin pushing it down with your fingers without tearing the skin. Streaky unsmoked bacon over the top is a good idea as this keeps the breast succulent. Cover the bird completely with foil to prevent burning but make sure you leave enough room for the air to circulate. Now roast the bird on a high heat 425f or 220c for 30-40 mins. Then turn the heat down to 170c and roast for say 3 hours for a 12lb bird. Then remove foil and bacon and turn up the heat to 200c to brown the bird for a furtther 30 mins. Leave to rest for at least 60 mins. This of course allows you to do any roast veg you wish to serve it.

Edited by chillumpuffer

Have just had a call from a very good friend who I gave a couple of g's of Priscilla to. He rates it right up there with the finest green he has had. And if i maybe so bold to say, he's dead right. The CP's sampled her at the weekend, and I laughed so much I nearly agreed to drink a coffee. :)