What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

^^^

:o I'm glad it was only an inch, Magic. I love your pre-Raphaelite hair. :)

About an Oz. But it is quality rather than quantity Walter. But what a great smoke :)

Blimey! How did I miss this auspicious occasion?!? Congrats on Priscilla's success, CP! I also see we think alike...in sex, food, posts, and smoke, it's quality over quantity.

^^^

:o I'm glad it was only an inch, Magic. I love your pre-Raphaelite hair. :)

Blimey! How did I miss this auspicious occasion?!? Congrats on Priscilla's success, CP! I also see we think alike...in sex, food, posts, and smoke, it's quality over quantity.

Your most Welcome Squire. Mrs CP says we should plan for twins next year ;)

A good idea Slave is to pack butter under the skin pushing it down with your fingers without tearing the skin. Streaky unsmoked bacon over the top is a good idea as this keeps the breast succulent. Cover the bird completely with foil to prevent burning but make sure you leave enough room for the air to circulate. Now roast the bird on a high heat 425f or 220c for 30-40 mins. Then turn the heat down to 170c and roast for say 3 hours for a 12lb bird. Then remove foil and bacon and turn up the heat to 200c to brown the bird for a furtther 30 mins. Leave to rest for at least 60 mins. This of course allows you to do any roast veg you wish to serve it.

thanks, cp. yeah, ramsay showed how to put the butter under the skin, i'll do that, thanks. he also put an onion and lemon in the cavity and later diced those and put in the gravy also.

Yes good move Slave. Turkey is the blandest meat and to make it all tasty is an effort. Yes an onion and lemon in the cavity will help. Chuck in some 'erbs too. Some Tarragon or Thyme even a garlic clove or too.

The CP's are having a Capon this year. I will do it the same as a chook but with a few extras. Chipolatas,bacon and some 'erbs.

Good luck S

Morning Sean, the problem with the cake was I never put the bottom of the tin in properly, glad to say I remembered the foil.

Gave half to a Neighbour, should have thought this through a bit better, BD & 1 of my sons are Diabetic, they ate the cake then I had to listen to them babble a load of crap for the next 2 hours, so no more for them.

Didn't think to take a photo of it..

Jules, Melanie & ebk, had a lovely Pedicure, then did a bit of channel surfing (the remote was all mine), even had a power nap.

It was a welcome break as I am with BD 24/7..so I don't have time to miss him,

Melanie glad to hear that your Husband is doing well, how much longer before he is back behind the wheel?

I love pedicures. So relaxing and indulgent. I might have to get one too!

Thank you Kate. Andy is doing well but his PT thinks it unwise to drive, especially to work. He will have the physical and mental energy in the morning but being busy for 8+ hours will tire him and driving home will be unsafe. Hopefully soon though.

Thank you for your kind words, David. The lack of similar responses proves my point, I think.

Well at least my wife was relieved. After she had finished laughing about my Secret Santa gift, I told her about the episode and she looked very shocked and then started crying. At first I thought she too was disappointed I hadn't been splatted, but then she hugged me really tight and said 'please be careful, Old Shep. You are everything to me'. She has never said this before, or anything even vaguely resembling it. I was quite touched.

You needed a Tripmender

I am finally back up and running with my own pc after struggling with my wifes lappy for the past 2 weeks or so, particularly the keyboard which is a total nightmare, many apologies to anyone who read any of my posts with their terrible typing, my own pc won't make any more sense of what i have to say but at least it should now be easier to read lol.

A Major Major problem.

In October I flew round trip from Hawaii to Colorado. Expedia didn't include my frequent flier number so I had to amnually submit the mileage in November when I saw my account didn't include the October mileage. I got my statement today and my account jumped over 50,000 miles!!! I think someone at AA must have added an extra "zero"! Woo Hoo!!

^^^WOOHOO indeed! What a great Christmas surprise for you, Stryder. Hope you put those miles to good use.

I'm very happy today...now that I've finally sent out the last of my Christmas packages, I won't have to deal with the P.O. for awhile. Some of my friends in foreign lands probably won't get theirs in time for Christmas, unfortunately.

Finding myself driving behind one of these in the parking lot of my neighborhood grocery store. :wub:

Mercedes-SLS-AMG-GT-2012-2.jpg

You are a materialistic person then. I will never own a BMW or Mercedes -Benz because :

During the Holocaust, the most respected German corporations used slave labor, including BMW, Daimler-Benz (Mercedes-Benz), Messerschmitt, and Krupp. Though they were not forced to use slaves, they nevertheless used them as “good business practice.” Additionally, I.G. Farben, a German chemical industry conglomerate, invested more than 700 million Reich marks (German dollars) to build a huge petrochemical plant at Auschwitz III, which was staffed by human slaves.

Merecedes-Benz also supplied the ovens for the Holocaust.