What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

:-(

I know how you feel slave to zep, I feel that way too. I haven't had a best friend since high school. I think marriage, kids, work have come first. I've had friends (work, neighbors, couples who 'we' were friends with) but not a really close girl friend.

But . . . . today I got a wonderful compliment from another forum member on my art! That was very nice!

Slave, Planted and Justawoman

I totally understand where you are coming from. I can fully relate. My husband is not very social so I am left out of social circles that are couples related. As long as you have one dear friend that you can count on and talk to, you are in a good place in life.

I got a random Christmas card with the same results. She isn't on FB, though, which I totally get, but I can't wait to see her again!

I have a similar story to yours and slave to zep's, but I was the initiator with a few people who I've lost touch with. The hard part (for me) is to follow up and keep it going.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I can fully relate. My husband is not very social so I am left out of social circles that are couples related. As long as you have one dear friend that you can count on and talk to, you are in a good place in life.

Maybe your husband is unsocial because the people you socialize with are turds.

Wow, that was a low blow.

Isn't this a happy thread?

No not really. I used to think my wife was unsocial but when I look back she had great judge of character. Now, if we don't want to do something with people we don't really care for, we make alternate plans. Life is too short to hang out with a bunch of phonies. Why be one yourself? . If you are true to yourself and the people you care about you'll be happier. Accept people for who they are. If they were true friends they'd include her sans hubby.

This kind of sparkly turquoise is quite cute, but I really don't like the darker blues:

Anyway, by a bizarre coincidence, I got my sense of smell back today, and I just detected the unmistakable aroma of nail polish wafting down from upstairs. This can mean one thing, and one thing only - wifey is trying out the new polish I bought her for xmas. It will probably look something like this...and it also means I will be very busy later, lol.

Hot_Pink_Toes_Wallpaper_JxHy.jpg

I like the pink. That's a really cute color. I really like the deep red I have on my nails so it's going on my toes. :)

I would never have guessed that about you, Jules, for you seem so personable and nice. You have that easy Aussie laidback charm that is a trademark of your country. I hope you and your long-lost friend have fun reconnecting.

I'm happy about many things today. The Oregon Ducks kicking K State's ass in the Fiesta Bowl, for one.

Better yet, I sent out 20 packages thru the mail for Christmas and today I had confirmation of all of the packages arrived safely to their intended destination...some were late but at least they got there.

thanks strider. :)

but i was married to a real jerk when i was quite young, and my friends kinda stayed away.

sounds like what i went through ..... hope your hubby is nice to you though ....???

I have a similar story to yours and slave to zep's, but I was the initiator with a few people who I've lost touch with. The hard part (for me) is to follow up and keep it going.

hey, good onya! hope it works out. :)

how i wish all of us could meet up one day ........

^^^^

Hey Jules that is great that you found an old friend thanks to fb, hope it's not too long before you meet up again!!

What made me happy today, took the Dog for a walk for about 1 1/2 hours in the 'SUNSHINE', when I got back I sat outside with a bottle of Bud and a ciggie,

and 'Let the sun beat down upon my face'...

Hmmmm...what made me happy today?

Well first it IS Friday! Good start. At work we get jobs that are known as "Friday jobs", and to get a Friday job on a Friday is not as common as we would like. Today I got a Friday job!! Yee ha!

Next, the wind has finally died down and the temperature has risen a bit. Wind chills in the minus 30's has been hitting us all week. And I work outside!

My daughter and her mother are getting on a bit better this week, finally. And she (my daughter) will be with me for the weekend!

I am happy I can say I have two "best" friends. The discussion here reminds me how fortunate I am to have those friends.

Now, what colour will I paint my toena...um, tools! Ya, paint my tools, that's it! Enjoy your weekend everyone! :-)

I don't know if it's because of this new "Gangster Squad" movie with Nick Nolte, Ryan Gosling and Sean Penn that's coming out, but the American Cinematheque has scheduled 3 nights of out-and-out gangster classics this weekend:

Friday: The Godfather

Saturday: Goodfellas and Miller's Crossing

Sunday: The Godfather Part II

Happy New Year Melanie,

I'm not going to get into the whole marriage thing, but I feel some of what you're saying.

Now that the kids are older I am definitely finding myself doing my own thing whereas when the kids were younger I went with the flow to keep peace. I am now in the process of rekindling some precious friendships and starting some new ones! It's all good.

Be well

Happy New Year Melanie,

I'm not going to get into the whole marriage thing, but I feel some of what you're saying.

Now that the kids are older I am definitely finding myself doing my own thing whereas when the kids were younger I went with the flow to keep peace. I am now in the process of rekindling some precious friendships and starting some new ones! It's all good.

Be well

Happy New Year to you too Planted!

Yeah, I am keeping certain parts of my life to myself from now on.

What made me happy? Going to dinner with two GFs last night. We had a 2 1/2 hour dinner during which we shared two bottles of red wine which is good for me since I am usually not a wine drinker.

Edit: and I came home to the Charlie Rose interview. :D

Edited by Texas Melanie

It's 81 in my house right now! Warm day, putting away Christmas decorations and took down the tree - what a mess of needles! Glad to have things back to "normal"! :)

Going to go get some Zingers for the Seattle game - love it!! :yesnod: