What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My best friend's cousin was released by Islamic Militants in the Phillipines after 14 months captivity.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/03/23/08/17/australian-hostage-released-in-philippines

Man, that is intense and what a relief for their family. He'll have to undergo a full debriefing and psychological care, I'm sure, after such a lengthy time of captivity. Good luck to him.

Hooray for Ally!!!

And that's great news for your friend's cousin, Reggie!!

+ 1

Great to hear about ally!

Reg I can't even imagine what your friends' family has been going through. Glad to hear about that!

I thought about getting a ticket to the Clapton concert, I saw it wasn't sold out, but I went to NOLA by myself and since I don't know my way around, was too intimidated to go to a major rock concert by myself in a strange city. I heard a lot of live music though. Live music is everywhere in the French Quarter--in all the bars, in the street, everywhere. There's usually no cover, the liquor is cheap, people are friendly. I also went to Preservation Hall to hear some traditional jazz, which was fun even though it isn't my favorite type of music...I stayed in a hotel right in the French Quarter, just down from the corner of Royal and Orleans streets.

I thought about getting a ticket to the Clapton concert, I saw it wasn't sold out, but I went to NOLA by myself and since I don't know my way around, was too intimidated to go to a major rock concert by myself in a strange city. I heard a lot of live music though. Live music is everywhere in the French Quarter--in all the bars, in the street, everywhere. There's usually no cover, the liquor is cheap, people are friendly. I also went to Preservation Hall to hear some traditional jazz, which was fun even though it isn't my favorite type of music...I stayed in a hotel right in the French Quarter, just down from the corner of Royal and Orleans streets.

IMO, you made the right choice Scarlet. Hearing the indigenous sounds of New Orleans is always preferable to Eric Clapton.

When you do get your photos developed, please do post them...there is a New Orleans thread here where they would be most welcome.

Champagne and flowers for my 20th anniversay at my wonderful job!

Closely following champagne and flowers and dinner for my 10th wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband.

March is a good month! (although I could have done without the snow here this morning :) )

Champagne and flowers for my 20th anniversay at my wonderful job!

Closely following champagne and flowers and dinner for my 10th wedding anniversary to my wonderful husband.

March is a good month! (although I could have done without the snow here this morning :) )

Well, sweetie, it's been said you get what you give in this life.

Sounds like you're pretty wonderful yourself.

Happy anniversary(s)!

:)

Just got home from dinner with one of my best friends. Finally got to meet her mom...it was a blast!!

Hooray! It finally happened...good for you, E! Congrats on your double-anniversaries, too.

My Eldest Son got his Army HGV Driving Test and Exams finished with a 98% pass. He is now free to go to Cancun with the Army Rugby Team, on Wednesday...

Well done by the lad, Kate. You must be dead chuffed!

IMO, you made the right choice Scarlet. Hearing the indigenous sounds of New Orleans is always preferable to Eric Clapton.

When you do get your photos developed, please do post them...there is a New Orleans thread here where they would be most welcome.

I was thinking that too; I could (theoretically) see Clapton in NYC, depending on how much I would be willing to shell out for tickets...thanks for telling me about the New Orleans thread; I checked it out--too many videos to see...I hope my pics come out!

Congrats to your son Kate! I remember those days when there was so much uncertainty, glad everything has worked out so well!

Ebk, I'm so happy for your wedding anniversary and that you love your job so much that you acknowledge that anniversary as well! Great month for you all the way around! Next up....PLAY BALL!

:)

Too right Fool. Jeez we just had a blizzard of Artic proportions. Be careful bringing a bag of anything back from Mexico - have you ever seen "Banged Up Abroad" ? ;):D

lol yer maybe I should cancel my order..

This Weather is just crazy, Blizzards in March.. So much for 'In like a Lion out like a Lamb'... :rolleyes: