What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

What made me happy today: news of an Alan Partridge movie, and an accompanying photo of Steve Coogan in a powder-blue leisure suit such as I haven't seen since childhood.

Why don't men dress like this anymore? The world would be a happier place, for certain.

article-2376332-1AF8FCA4000005DC-467_634

What made me sad today: said movie is not being released in the U.S., as far as I could determine. Sob.

Edited by FireOpal

A friend I haven't seen in a hundred years owns a bar in the theatre district in Boston. Went in for lunch. It's a hole in the wall...and the food is great! Intermission Tavern, if anyone is in the 'hood. Go in. You'll enjoy yourself!!

There are some days when the generally feeling of Happiness is as rare as rocking horse shit. But today is one of those days. I had been feeling pretty shitty for a few days - sun/heat stroke ( yeah don't scoff as this is England) I had had since the weekend. Note: Wear a hat in the sun !!.

So today the humidity is slowly dropping and it is a perfect summers day. Now Thursday is cleaning day as always. So I cracked on and dug out my TMOQ boot of 14/09/1971 at Berkeley. Never have I enjoyed a show as much. The boys were totally on fire on that glorious California evening. As I type, the sweet strings of Going To California are flowing out of my Missions, the sun is out and all is well with the world. B):D

I got to meet STRIDER!!! It's about freakin time!!!

Woohoo!

Hubby and I met him at Doyle's Irish Pub @ 3484 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain, Boston. We got a quick bite to eat then took the trolley over to the Sam Adams Brewery for a tour and tasting.

Went back to Doyle's for more beer. (Why the hell not?!?)

I am still smiling. :)

Edited by planted

I got to meet STRIDER!!! It's about freakin time!!!

Woohoo!

Hubby and I met him at Doyle's Irish Pub @ 3484 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain, Boston. We got a quick bite to eat then took the trolley over to the Sam Adams Brewery for a tour and tasting.

Went back to Doyle's for more beer. (Why the hell not?!?)

I am still smiling. :)

:hurrah::thumbsup:

While I'm not exactly happy to be leaving Boston, I am thrilled to have met such wonderful people this week! Thanks for a great time planted and Strider!!! Looking forward to next time!

While I'm not exactly happy to be leaving Boston, I am thrilled to have met such wonderful people this week! Thanks for a great time planted and Strider!!! Looking forward to next time!

You are so welcome, and thank you for everything! Hubby is keeping tabs on your O's, it's so funny...

My New England vacation is over, and leaving yesterday made me unhappy. But as I am rolling thru the Pennsylvania Amish Country now, I am still flushed with a joyful happiness over the fun I have had over the past two weeks.

I had a bad experience around 10 years ago involving someone I met on an internet forum, but everyone I have met on this forum has been a genuine pleasure to know and hang out with.

From Melanie and Gigi in Texas to planted, ebk, and my lovely host, jb126 in New England, you all have restored my faith in people and friendships.

I even finally talked to SuperDave...too bad my time in NYC wasn't longer or I might have been able to meet you at Prospect Park.

A special note to planted: Yes, FINALLY our meeting took place! Thank you for your patience(now I know why your patients love you so) and for being even more FAB in person than I even imagined. :kiss:

Edited by Strider

Let me know when you plan a tour of Canada – I’ll show you around the Atlantic and maybe Northern New England and we can have a very tall glass of water together!

My New England vacation is over, and leaving yesterday made me unhappy. But as I am rolling thru the Pennsylvania Amish Country now, I am still flushed with a joyful happiness over the fun I have had over the past two weeks.

I had a bad experience around 10 years ago involving someone I met on an internet forum, but everyone I have met on this forum has been a genuine pleasure to know and hang out with.

From Melanie and Gigi in Texas to planted, ebk, and my lovely host, jb126 in New England, you all have restored my faith in people and friendships.

I even finally talked to SuperDave...too bad my time in NYC wasn't longer or I might have been able to meet you at Prospect Park.

A special note to planted: Yes, FINALLY our meeting took place! Thank you for your patience(now I know why your patients love you so) and for being even more FAB in person than I even imagined. :kiss:

You are so sweet, Sean!

We are still talking with family and friends about meeting you and ebk. You guys are the tops!

And yes, bad experiences can happen, but we move on, right? "Have a little faith in me..." :)

Patience is a virtue and I am a firm believer is the old saying: good things come to those who wait.

Those words haven't failed me yet. ;-)

CLOUDS!!!!! We've had the hottest summer on record. 101, 104, 105, too hot to enjoy the outdoors. So I'm way happy for clouds today.

I hear ya, Hotplant! On my way east on my road trip, the heat and humidity was nigh unbearable. Now, as I head west back across the U.S. it is far more bearable. Actually got some rain just as I entered Oklahoma this morning.

I finally had a chance to see Tucumcari, New Mexico. A mere blip on the map along Route 66, I've always wondered about this place ever since seeing the Sergio Leone-Clint Eastwood classic "For a Few Dollars More".

"This train will stop at Tucumcari."

If you're a fan of that movie, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

I finally had a chance to see Tucumcari, New Mexico. A mere blip on the map along Route 66, I've always wondered about this place ever since seeing the Sergio Leone-Clint Eastwood classic "For a Few Dollars More".

"This train will stop at Tucumcari."

If you're a fan of that movie, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

I've been from Tuscon to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonapah

Little Feat - Willin