What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Good on ya mate ! Love a bit of retail myself.

Today me and Mrs CP will be having a round of golf, now she is a lady of leisure of course

I did stock up on the groceries too (ho hum boring) although I now have the most luscious, best quality cumin and smoked paprika, which are my favourite spices.

I've played golf twice ..... and I barely managed to hit the ball each time :blush: I did aerate the greens though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My phone slipped INTO my couch through a small hole at the base of the arm and the wooden frame. It's times like these when you can really appreciate having thin hands and long fingers. Although hands are quite bruised up, I got my phone out and that makes me happy!

I was looking through those Diet Coke bottles with people's names on, trying to find one for my girlfriend. Couldn't find it, but I did find mine, which was very surprising because I have a fairly unusual name. Awesome.

THAT'S FUNNY. GLAD YOU HAD ANOTHER SHOPPING STORY TO SHARE WITH US.

A dear friend of mine completed the 70-mile ride in the Ride to Defeat ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) charity cycling event today in Wayland, MA. This, after finishing another charity ride of 100 miles a few weeks ago.

Not only am I happy, but I'm damn proud and inspired by my friend.

As I am by another friend who ran her first 5K this weekend.

My hat's off and cup raised in honour of these two wonderful people. :toast::notworthy:

Rain & cooler weather :thumbsup:

Here, here! Just not looking forward to winter.

Didn't happen today but I recently bought some new Red Wing boots. They are so nice and comfortable and should last for years like my last pair. Last time I had new shoes was in the late 90's. These are steel toes with metatarsal protection.

post-503-0-72671100-1380670557_thumb.jpg

Congrats, Sozo. I tried to do that once and quit (it involved first converting something from video). Technology makes me sad.

Oh wait - this is the happy thread: think of something happy! OK. The office is relatively quiet and the bosses are out of town. It's not much, but that's all I got.

Strider, is that your little cat on the previous page? She's a cutie.

Done something that I've always wanted to do, post a video onto youtube.....and here it is (quite pleased with myself)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWouBBT5J9k

Wow! Great sound with the steam and whistle. What a great way to travel and that shows the power of steam with all the cars it was pulling. What a beautiful train and engine.

Thanks for posting. :^)

Driving along Rte 2 to and from work..

Oh wait, this was supposed to be the happy thread ;-)

Taking in the stunning foliage...we have had the best weather for these views!

Not alot of rain, cool crisp mornings and warm afternoons.

Can't wait for sweater weather!!

I spent the day putting polycarbonate roofing, shadecloth and pine blinds on my back veranda patio (I love my electric drill)

Add my cane furniture and I now have a wonderful outdoor room all ready for summer :D

It was tricky at times and it may not be perfect, but i'm still very proud of myself :bravo:

Realizing that I am one of the truly blessed to have a job that I love, it makes me very happy. To even have a job is a blessing to all of us who have one.

that's so true! what is your job, pottedplant?

Did someone say FRIDAY?!?

Woohoo!

Have a great weekend everyone!

long weekend here, but as per usual, i am working the sun and mon ..... :(

daylight saving begins tonight, so i also lose an hours sleep. great.....

I spent the day putting polycarbonate roofing, shadecloth and pine blinds on my back veranda patio (I love my electric drill)

Add my cane furniture and I now have a wonderful outdoor room all ready for summer :D

It was tricky at times and it may not be perfect, but i'm still very proud of myself :bravo:

WOW! i am so impressed! i could never do something like that. it would be all crooked, or such. well done! :)

WOW! i am so impressed! i could never do something like that. it would be all crooked, or such. well done! :)

I already had existing framework, so it was just a matter of measuring, drilling and hammering. It wasn't quite that simple and I do have slightly uneven shadecloth, which I found the hardest thing to put up. The worst part of it all, was getting up and down the ladder squeezing inbetween the beams. Luckily the howling winds we've had lately eased for me yesterday. Oh .... and I do have a bruised thumb nail from a missed hammer shot .... hahaha .... I mean ouch!