What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

England gave this to Halifax, sometimes North Americans forget how much we owe the English and the French for what would become a normal part of everyday life, thanks for this ferry service England, 1752 goes back a long ways, by the way Geekfreek, have a great holiday:

It's true, Charles, we do tend to forget. The first English settlement in North America was founded here in Virginia at Jamestown in 1607. It's a popular tourist site today. The Colonial city of Williamsburg and the Yorktown battlefield are located nearby. All are well worth a visit.

not actually today, but over the last few months .....

first my elder son got his dream job - as an animator. great conditions and pay, too. He just moved out of home with two other guys at the same job, so another plus!

Eldest child, daughter, also scored her dream job this week. She will be working with families that are experiencing difficulties with kids - could be post-natal depression, autistic kids ..... great pay and easy to get to ( by ferry, should be a nice commute each day ).

She had already left home about 5 years ago, so now it's just hubby, myself and 13 yo son ....

:hurrah:

And then there were three...

In these economic times, any news about getting work is great news. Happy your kids are getting jobs they want, not just jobs they need.

And then there were three...

In these economic times, any news about getting work is great news. Happy your kids are getting jobs they want, not just jobs they need.

Oh yes, most definitely. That was the reason I was so happy - getting jobs they enjoy :)

thanks, strider :)

It's true, Charles, we do tend to forget. The first English settlement in North America was founded here in Virginia at Jamestown in 1607. It's a popular tourist site today. The Colonial city of Williamsburg and the Yorktown battlefield are located nearby. All are well worth a visit.

I will make a point of going for a visit!

well firstly one more day off work the sun is shinning, music will be on the hi-fi, going to the beach on Saturday oh boy that's being very HAPPY!. :peace::suntan:

It sounds like you are going to have a very enjoyable weekend geekfreak! I wish I could go to the beach but first I would have to buy a plane ticket! :lol:

Edited by lipslikecherries

It sounds like you are going to have a very enjoyable weekend geekfreak! I wish I could go to the beach but first I would have to buy a plane ticket! :lol:

if you love beaches, Cow Bay in the summer time is fantastic, we have Rainbow Haven beach and Silver Sands, and the chicks looks great walking around in the G-Strings!

if you love beaches, Cow Bay in the summer time is fantastic, we have Rainbow Haven beach and Silver Sands, and the chicks looks great walking around in the G-Strings!

Better not let your missus know that.

I just googled some pictures of Cow Bay, it's beautiful! I don't know if I would fit in there though Charles J. White. I've never been daring enough to wear a g-string on a beach! :lol:

This didn't happen today but the other day. Another thread reminded me of it. While out shopping an adorable little boy, all dressed up in his best button up shirt and trousers, came up to me and gave me his quarter! I asked him why he was giving me his quarter and his mother said he found it in the car and he wanted me to have it. :wub: After some time shopping we passed each other and the little boy came back up to me and wanted his quarter back. :lol: His mother wouldn't let me give it back to him. :lol: It was the cutest thing ever. I melted! :wub: