What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Seeing the people gored and stampeded by the bulls during that silly "Running of the Bulls" tradition in Spain. Maybe it is Spain's way of thinning the herd of idiots...sort of like their Darwin Awards. It goes without saying that I root for the bulls.

you'd like this story then, Strider ..... isn't it ironic ....

http://www.people.com/article/bull-running-author-gored-bill-hillman

Hi Planted,

I'm a fan of Audrey Hepburn, too. I just saw My Fair Lady a week or so ago. (I particularly like the song, "Get me to the church on time.") Breakfast At Tiffany's is one of my favorite films, too.

'Breakfast' is my all time fave go-to movie!! My daughter and I go to NYC every year at Christmas, and Tiffany's is always on our list.

Where nothing bad can happen...;-)

Hepburn's life story is interesting, too: Surviving as a girl in war-torn Europe, etc. She was not only beautiful and talented, but she always carried herself with class, dignity and self-respect.

Btw, I think you and she bear a strong physical resemblance

I just received Led Zeppelin III Super Deluxe Set from a very special person.

After two attempts to deliver it, it finally arrived.

Words can't express the gratitude I have for this person and the thoughtfulness of the gift.

They know who they are and every time I listen to it I will think of them.

I just received Led Zeppelin III Super Deluxe Set from a very special person.

After two attempts to deliver it, it finally arrived.

Words can't express the gratitude I have for this person and the thoughtfulness of the gift.

They know who they are and every time I listen to it I will think of them.

That's very cool! LZ III is my favorite of the Super Deluxe sets, so far. I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)

A very unexpected gift arrived at my door today! I am pretty sure I don't deserve it, but my heart is filled with happiness!

Thank you so much, S!

The good you do comes back to you.... This place never ceases to amaze me, as a great extended family! Hope you're having a good summer, Planted! :)

The good you do comes back to you.... This place never ceases to amaze me, as a great extended family! Hope you're having a good summer, Planted! :)

Mmm, I don't know if I've done any good...I guess that's for others to decide.

This place never ceases to amaze me either, and not always for the good.

I hope you and your family are having a blast this summer!

Best

So this 49 yr old man is getting chemo for his esophageal cancer. He's married with 2 little boys, ages 7 and 9.

The chemo bays all have televisions in them to help patients pass the time during their sometimes 6 hour long treatments. He had it on one of the sports channels and was watching with his youngest son when the doctor came in the room to check on him.

The doctor says, "wow, that Rory McElroy is some golfer!"

The kid says excitedly, "yah!"

The doctor says, "bet you want to be like him when you grow up"!

The kids starts to nod and say yes, but then pauses and looks over at his Dad and says, "nah, I want to be like my Dad."

The room went silent as we all tried to swallow the lump in our throats.

Out of the mouths of babes.

And on that note, have a wonderful weekend, gang!!

Enjoyed a complete freshly picked meal from my garden this evening, save for the cottage cheese I added to my five varieties of small fruited tomatoes, and the cheese I added to my baked eggplant.

Lightly steamed pole beans with real butter and a dash of salt. Raw pods of okra on the side with the tomatoes.

Please excuse my vernacular...

Damn! It was fucking out this world!

Edited by jabe

Enjoyed a complete freshly picked meal from my garden this evening, save for the cottage cheese I added to my five varieties of small fruited tomatoes, and the cheese I added to my baked eggplant.

Lightly steamed pole beans with real butter and a dash of salt. Raw pods of okra on the side with the tomatoes.

Damn! It was fucking great!

It sounds wonderful. :D