What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Saying goodbye to my baby girl at Sydney International Airport as she flew away to Florida via L A for 7 months.

That sounds tough, Reg! She's interning at Disney, right? That's 10 min. from my home. It's a small world (after all)....;)

That sounds tough, Reg! She's interning at Disney, right? That's 10 min. from my home. It's a small world (after all).... ;)

Yeah, Walter. She'll be there in a few days.

The weird thing is she arrives in LA at 10am on 29th July after leaving Oz at 1.40pm the same day.

So technically she has gone back in time!?

Saying goodbye to my baby girl at Sydney International Airport as she flew away to Florida via L A for 7 months.

My daughter (Veghead) is flying out next week for 6 months of trekking around various remote areas of Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal and India. I know this will be an amazing adventure for her, but I will be so worried and scared. Why can't she choose a nice safe touristy area, instead of tribal villages accessible only by canoe ...... aarrgghhhhhh.

When she boards that plane at Sydney airport, my post will be in the 'Unhappy' thread.

I hope your daughter has a wonderful safe time in the States and an incredible experience at Disney.

Yeah, Walter. She'll be there in a few days.

The weird thing is she arrives in LA at 10am on 29th July after leaving Oz at 1.40pm the same day.

So technically she has gone back in time!?

Damn, Reg, why didn't you let me know? I could have given her the Zeppelin tour, taken her record shopping, maybe even pick up a few Zeppelin bootlegs for her to send to you.

Hope she enjoys her time with Disney. Did she check out the ORIGINAL Disneyland while she was in L.A.?

My daughter (Veghead) is flying out next week for 6 months of trekking around various remote areas of Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal and India. I know this will be an amazing adventure for her, but I will be so worried and scared. Why can't she choose a nice safe touristy area, instead of tribal villages accessible only by canoe ...... aarrgghhhhhh.

When she boards that plane at Sydney airport, my post will be in the 'Unhappy' thread.

I feel for you Misty. I hope she always travels with companions and NEVER ALONE. May she have a rewarding and educational experience.

My friend is having a similar experience to yours...his sister has chucked everything, job and place in San Diego to go on some peace mission in Ghana. He's a tad concerned.

You gotta admire their altruistic spirit, though.

Damn, Reg, why didn't you let me know? I could have given her the Zeppelin tour, taken her record shopping, maybe even pick up a few Zeppelin bootlegs for her to send to you.

Hope she enjoys her time with Disney. Did she check out the ORIGINAL Disneyland while she was in L.A.?

I feel for you Misty. I hope she always travels with companions and NEVER ALONE. May she have a rewarding and educational experience.

My friend is having a similar experience to yours...his sister has chucked everything, job and place in San Diego to go on some peace mission in Ghana. He's a tad concerned.

You gotta admire their altruistic spirit, though.

Hey Strider!

Happy belated birthday wishes.

I think she will check it out as well as all the other touristy things before she flies out to Orlando.

She is a big Green Day fan but likes Zep.

Gotta like Skype.

Hey Cat!

The spirit of youth is encouraging and I'm sure she will be safe because girls tend to be more responsible and sensible than boys.

Cheers.

Im thinking you! My baby girl is a rising high school senior next month, and I am not looking forward to....I can't even say it....

My best friends son is at Disney now also as an intern..he is loving it!

And so will she...

My best to you, from one parent to another.

Im thinking you! My baby girl is a rising high school senior next month, and I am not looking forward to....I can't even say it....

My best friends son is at Disney now also as an intern..he is loving it!

And so will she...

My best to you, from one parent to another.

Cheers, planted.

It's very possible their paths will cross at training sessions etc.

If your daughter is anything like her mother, she'll do just fine, as will you.

well its Friday well once its 00.00hrs I`ll be a very, yes very happy as I`ll have finished work and on the way home listening to ZEPPELIN...

Congrats! Enjoy the music time - I have the next 4 days off and going to spend it in the mountains on bicycle and on the ocean in kayaks, so look for some pictures over the next few days!

Hey Strider!

Happy belated birthday wishes.

I think she will check it out as well as all the other touristy things before she flies out to Orlando.

She is a big Green Day fan but likes Zep.

Gotta like Skype.

Thanks Reg. She should feel at home here in L.A. because lately there has been a flood of Aussies in town. In the past week, I've met about 15 groups or families from Australia...10 from Melbourne, 3 from Brisbane, and 2 from Sydney.

Hey Cat!

The spirit of youth is encouraging and I'm sure she will be safe because girls tend to be more responsible and sensible than boys.

Cheers.

Not to turn this thread all morbid, but remember Natalee Holloway?

I do think when women travel, especially solo, they need to be extra cautious and careful, particularly in the third world.

As one of three parents on this forum, whose daughters are travelling overseas ..........

Shush! We don't need to hear our fears reinforced.

;)

As one of three parents on this forum, whose daughters are travelling overseas ..........

Shush! We don't need to hear our fears reinforced.

;)

You're right, it was an insensitive comment -- I do apologize Edited by Pagefan55

I did a good deed - on my way to work, a woman in a pickup left keys on her back bumper. The very first red light we got, I got out and gave them to her. She wasn't bad looking either - i should have flirted more!

I've never heard of her, so I looked her up .....

Wish I hadn't.

Sorry Misty. Didn't mean to spoil your day or add to your worries. But like Pagefan55 said...it doesn't happen that often.

Edited by Strider