What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Just made 3Kgs of Victoria Plum Chutney from the bounty in the garden. We also have about another 10 Kgs to give away and/or eat.

Countdown is on for the CP's summer break in the beautiful Algarve region of Portugal. 2 weeks of sun, swimming in our own salt water pool in the villa we have hired and copious amounts of Sardines and wonderful wine. Fly out Saturday so will be off radar for a bit. Eat well my friends and reports and pics in a while. :suntan:

"Don't touch my bags if you please Mr Customs man!" ;)

Just made 3Kgs of Victoria Plum Chutney from the bounty in the garden. We also have about another 10 Kgs to give away and/or eat.

Countdown is on for the CP's summer break in the beautiful Algarve region of Portugal. 2 weeks of sun, swimming in our own salt water pool in the villa we have hired and copious amounts of Sardines and wonderful wine. Fly out Saturday so will be off radar for a bit. Eat well my friends and reports and pics in a while. :suntan:

Enjoy yourself CP's, have a nice bottle of red for me!!

I got a new chrome toilet handle and lever. Now, when I flush, there's a new sense of power, with firmness and control. The old all plastic handle and lever never worked this good!!

Here's a picture of the product:

375_375_966436993084028.jpg

I absolutely loved that, it made me laugh out loud, and is the simple yet understandable kind of project that would make me smile!

Edited by Charles J. White

Cheers my friend, have a good jounrey, your time away will be missed around these parts!

There you go STZ, I'm sure you will have a great time. The SOP looks like an amazing venue, very intimate.....Enjoy.

aw, thanks JTM :)

well, I'm sure the sound will be amazing!

My neighbor is giving the hubby and I tickets to see Peter Frampton this weekend.

very cool! ( don't take pics!!! )

have a lovely time .

ooh I wish I could taste some of that plum chutney .....

My neighbor is giving the hubby and I tickets to see Peter Frampton this weekend.

Saw him Wednesday night with Buddy Guy at the Hollywood Bowl. Good show...better than I expected. Buddy was great, as always, but I hadn't seen Peter Frampton in concert since 1976 or '77. I had no idea if he still had the chops. Pretty decent setlist...kind of like "Frampton Comes Alive" part deux. Two interesting surprises...an instrumental cover of Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" (Soundgarden had just played the Bowl on Monday night...maybe Peter was at that show?) and Buddy Guy coming out during Frampton's encore for a jam on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps".

You'll have a good time Saturday, ledzepfvr!

Bon voyage, Mr. and Mrs. CP! Have fun and be safe...we want you all back in one piece, haha. Peace, brother.

CONGRATULATIONS! Tell her she needs to win!

Thank you CJW, I'll pass that along. Appreciate your words... they do mean a lot in times like these! :)

She is feeling better and better the further she is away from the radiation and "bad" chemo treatments she had to take for the past 7 months. Wednesday was the first time she had enough hair to get styled at the salon, since her head shaving party back in February. So things are slowing getting back to "normal". Thanks again everybody for your kind words and support.

On my usual Friday night jaunt in Liverpool city centre last night, and I noticed a man sitting with three others and he had this magnificent Led Zeppelin sweatshirt. I asked him where he got it from, New Zealand he said, it turned out that they were a band touring the UK, last night they were playing in a place facing the pub I drink in. I forgot to ask the name of the band, who knows they may be famous one day.

On my usual Friday night jaunt in Liverpool city centre last night, and I noticed a man sitting with three others and he had this magnificent Led Zeppelin sweatshirt. I asked him where he got it from, New Zealand he said, it turned out that they were a band touring the UK, last night they were playing in a place facing the pub I drink in. I forgot to ask the name of the band, who knows they may be famous one day.

If you remember the name or location of the pub then with Google Earth you can track down the club they were playing. Most clubs have websites with their show schedules, so just check the calendar for Friday August 29 and you should be able to find the name of the band.

If you remember the name or location of the pub then with Google Earth you can track down the club they were playing. Most clubs have websites with their show schedules, so just check the calendar for Friday August 29 and you should be able to find the name of the band.

Thanks Strider, I am in town again tonight so I'll look at the name of the venue (It's a new place and I've never been in there)By the way all four of them looked like Frank Zappa!!! So I had to go over and have a chat, luckily they didn't think I was a nutter.

Hearing two of my friends each had a blast seeing Tom Petty in concert over the weekend...one was seeing her first Tom Petty concert, at Fenway Park no less. :)

Another thing that made me happy...20% off all wine at my local vino emporium this entire holiday weekend. :toast:

Edited by Strider

wow, had to go back 3 pages to find this topic :(

well, not only am I going to my first ever performance here

Ext_PinkDawn_M.jpg

but the concert I am going to is

SOH7352-Online-static-tiles-570X320_v1.j

RODRIGUEZ!

My first time seeing him, too :)

Soooo...how was the show STZ? Was the Sydney Opera House all it's cracked up to be? How was Omar?