What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My 22 year-old nephew just completed his senior football season -- and his master's degree -- at the Div 1AA university where he played quarterback. His football team was never particularly great -- their best record during his 5 year tenure was 9-3 -- but he grew immensely as a person during those years. He'll be graduating in December and I'm happy for him.

9-3 ain't nuthin' to sneeze at; Whole lotta schools would kill to be as good as 9-3. Is he graduating early? That's great news. Any post-graduate studies in his future plans?

Hi Strider,

Yeah, he red-shirted as a freshman, and took a ton of summer classes so he's already got his BS. He'll be receieving his Masters (in Biology) next month in December. He plans to teach high school biology for a few years, and then maybe return to school to get a Ph.d. He once considered trying to play pro football -- maybe trying out for the Canadian Football League -- but he eventually decided that he wasn't interested enough, and probably didn't have the talent, to go that route.

Edited by Pagefan55

Hi Strider,

Yeah, he red-shirted as a freshman, and took a ton of summer classes so he's already got his BS. He'll be receieving his Masters (in Biology) next month in December. He plans to teach high school biology for a few years, and then maybe return to school to get a Ph.d. He once considered trying to play pro football -- maybe trying out for the Canadian Football League -- but he eventually decided that he wasn't interested enough, and probably didn't have the talent, to go that route.

Well I reckon you are dead-chuffed at the young man's progress and as proud a papa as can be. Well done, Papa Pagefan55.

In HONOR of Those that Started this Talk Thread, I want to say that THINGS look Really Nice for X-Mas and That I HOPE that All of Your needs are Met, all the shopping gets done on TIME XXxx Xx and that Good Phase is GRanted and, at That, Good Will ANd Favoritism is GRanted To YOU All... .

MERRY CHRISTMAS and Seasons Greetings... :santa:

for You All in Music Land.. ..

From,

Freddy Fingers the... UnDoubtedly the FIRST!!! !?

whose resposible FOR this THING?? ?!?!?

post-9773-0-99946500-1418080827_thumb.jp post-9773-0-13768900-1418080839_thumb.jp

Edited by freddy fingers

Walter Jr. earned 2 "BB" cut times at his swim meet today in Clearwater, which ensures him moving up to the next level on his swim team. We're very proud!!!!

Sweet WJr. I trust you had a little celebration? No not your parents !

Today was a happy day:

After a slow start things got moving as Mrs CP found me a new Mountain Bike ( mine had died a horrible death) £25 crisp notage. I then met an old work colleague and it was great to catch up.

On return to base I booked a 5 night golfing break to Portugal in Feb for us 2.

Mrs CP is out for a girlies Thai meal so I indulged my passion for lamb. 2 Organic cutlets with fries and peas, lavish on the mint sauce. Washed down with a Rioja.

Tunes were supplied by Bad Company's first LP and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and a real bonus was finding a piece of Moroccan finest. Which I have had a tidy bifta.

Finally I will be retiring to the lounge where I have recorded the Sky Arts 2hr programme on the "Roots of Led Zeppelin"

Come on? Does it get any better?

Sweet WJr. I trust you had a little celebration? No not your parents !

Today was a happy day:

After a slow start things got moving as Mrs CP found me a new Mountain Bike ( mine had died a horrible death) £25 crisp notage. I then met an old work colleague and it was great to catch up.

On return to base I booked a 5 night golfing break to Portugal in Feb for us 2.

Mrs CP is out for a girlies Thai meal so I indulged my passion for lamb. 2 Organic cutlets with fries and peas, lavish on the mint sauce. Washed down with a Rioja.

Tunes were supplied by Bad Company's first LP and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and a real bonus was finding a piece of Moroccan finest. Which I have had a tidy bifta.

Finally I will be retiring to the lounge where I have recorded the Sky Arts 2hr programme on the "Roots of Led Zeppelin"

Come on? Does it get any better?

I did one of those things ......

Went to a pub after work with some friends and colleagues and the locals broke into song. Not the sad few in the corrner who had a few too many. No, the entire pub full of people started singing Christmas carols and hymns. So genuine and heartfelt. What a wonderful moment to be in the midst of, especially with good people around to share it :)

Edited by Patrycja

Walter Jr. earned 2 "BB" cut times at his swim meet today in Clearwater, which ensures him moving up to the next level on his swim team. We're very proud!!!!

Bully for Walter, Jr.! Swimming is great fun...one of my favourite activities and I loved being on the swim team when I was a kid. Good luck to him in future meets.

Went to the staff part of the Mrs, was a blast

Already been to three Christmas parties myself in the past week...with one more to go.

NYC in the morning...:-)

Bon Voyage, Holly! Sincerely, Fred.