What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

This thread should be what made me happy this week. I've been working on getting a children's book I wrote published and it came out this week.

WINDSONG WENDY is now available.

Wow, that is awesome! Congratulations!

+1

Congratulations, ledzepfvr!!!

This thread should be what made me happy this week. I've been working on getting a children's book I wrote published and it came out this week.

WINDSONG WENDY is now available.

That's great!! Did you illustrate it as well?

Thank you all for the congrats.....I did not illustrate but had a friend who does that sketch 12 illustrations that are in the book. I picked the graphics for the c over and the publishing co design team put it together.

A new drink.

post-26295-0-37280000-1430713175_thumb.j

Made by this fine bartender.

post-26295-0-47018000-1430713246_thumb.j

And then this. WOW! And Cindy Blackman on drums was an extra treat, she is unbelievable!!

post-26295-0-62961600-1430713333_thumb.j

And this. Buddy Guy is playing his guitar with a drumstick. He is quite the character!

post-26295-0-24617200-1430713553_thumb.j

Too funny, Dd...those drinks must've been something! Ever picture thereafter was sideways! :hysterical:

Hahaha. Don't worry Dd, the same thing happens to me. For some reason this site posts any vertical photo sideways.

Hahaha. Don't worry Dd, the same thing happens to me. For some reason this site posts any vertical photo sideways.

When I pull from my camera roll on my phone not my photo stream, it comes out sideways. Once the picture is in my photo stream, it looks normal no matter how the picture was taken. Weird.

Driving around with the top down today - that makes me VERY HAPPY!

post-3394-0-61687600-1430774373_thumb.jp

When I pull from my camera roll on my phone not my photo stream, it comes out sideways. Once the picture is in my photo stream, it looks normal no matter how the picture was taken. Weird.

Driving around with the top down today - that makes me VERY HAPPY!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

You're right! Thanks for the hot tip, that has been bugging me!

post-26295-0-74027200-1430788377_thumb.j

^ I help when and where I can! :)

I'm happy because my boy is happy! We switched swim teams today and he is at his first practice giving me the thumbs up and the biggest grin I've seen in a long time! Much more positive environment here. :)

Hubby just bought us tickets to see Elton John in December. It's at a winery. Small venue not far from us.

Just saw him this past weekend, and he was fantastic! Captain Fantastic! :)

post-26295-0-83683900-1430906978_thumb.j

post-26295-0-46367400-1430907015_thumb.j

Edit: it will be great to see him in an intimate venue, wonder if that will affect his setlist. This is what he played at Jazz Fest.

post-26295-0-85914900-1430919570_thumb.j

Edited by Ddladner

Just saw him this past weekend, and he was fantastic! Captain Fantastic! :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Edit: it will be great to see him in an intimate venue, wonder if that will affect his setlist. This is what he played at Jazz Fest.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

OMG, if he plays Funeral for a friend/Love lies bleeding ...... ever since I was 13 and heard that piece, I have yearned to hear that played live!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease play it here!!!

Love that setlist, hope it's similar :)

edited to add: this is the venue

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Hope+Estate/@-32.7685436,151.3121092,772m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x2455f0b9fdb6dd8b!6m1!1e1

Edited by slave to zep

^^^ Hope that song is played for you, stz! It will be a special night no doubt. I feel very fortunate to have seen him play live (this was my first time).

Oh yes, no matter what, it will be a great night. Hubby has seen him before but it will be my first time. :)