What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

its memorial day weekend here in the states, and so the masses head out to beach. we are prepping to take the kids to jones beach for the blue angels air show, actually. so that means, i had to don a bathing suit for the first time this season.

so, what made me happy is that my almost 6 yr old son said that i looked beautiful in my new swim suit. god bless him, he is the man of my dreams!!! :D

Have seen them many times, makes you proud to be an American

b0780134.jpg

Have seen them many times, makes you proud to be an American

b0780134.jpg

absolutely proud! these jet pilots are simply amazing....i am awestruck every year. aviation is part of our family....my husband is/was a commercial pilot (on furlough since 9/11) and now heads a jet charter company and the aviation dept for a pharmaceutical company. its all good.

ps - thats an awesome pic of the blue angels!

Edited by Misty

Two hot, sunny, beautiful days. Our two oldest children spending the weekend here with their friends from college. The sound of them laughing and jumping into the pool. Knowing that our home is a place where they feel they are safe, comfortable, and always welcome.

Can't ask for more than that Mad. Sounds like you and your husband have done a fine job

Can't ask for more than that Mad. Sounds like you and your husband have done a fine job

Thanks. You're right: what more could you want? When it comes to our kids, we've done the best we could (and I don't mean materially - it's all things that can't be bought).

It sounds like you and Mrs. Ally have done a fine job too. :)

Thanks. You're right: what more could you want? When it comes to our kids, we've done the best we could (and I don't mean materially - it's all things that can't be bought).

It sounds like you and Mrs. Ally have done a fine job too. :)

They are the joy of my life and I must admit, I'm looking forward to any grandchildren that may come down the road. It will be a whole new challenge that I'll have to be prepared for. I will be ;)

Same here. Supposedly that's when we get to have all the fun without the stress! :D

Oh Yeah, There's going to be some payback. But in a nice way :D

I survived my German ZK, the german equivalent of A-levels (i think). Just have to survive English and maths, then I've got HOLYDAYS! the weather is awesome, I feel so good and I pimped my shoes with lots of pearls and colourfull ribbons!

I feel this will be MY summer of love! :hippy:

I survived my German ZK, the german equivalent of A-levels (i think). Just have to survive English and maths, then I've got HOLYDAYS! the weather is awesome, I feel so good and I pimped my shoes with lots of pearls and colourfull ribbons!

I feel this will be MY summer of love! :hippy:

I went clothes shopping for MYSELF! I found a few nice things, too. It's been a long time since i spent money on clothes for ME! I also got to do it by myself without anyone to slow me down. I love shopping with friends when i'm not on a mission, but today was me time.

Way to go kid. Did you make the Dean's List?

B)

I did. (I haven't revcieved official notification yet though...)

When I emailed my mom my grade report, she forwarded it to all fo my relatives. It embarrassed me when they started replying, but I was happy to see they gave me the thumbs-up!