What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

looks good, Kiwi!  Mr Slave would love that!

He ordered a book about Arthur a few months ago, only to find out they lost the last copy they had "in the mail" .... he's so disappointed...

This book is wonderful, Julie! :D I have already finished the 1st chapter that gives such a detailed account about how 'The Ashes' series actually began, going as far back as England's tour of Australia in 1862! I was also introduced to so many interesting little tidbits about forgotten legends such as Fredrick Spofforth and Billy Murdoch and the manner in which cricket was played those days (when an over consisted of just 4 balls, etc)! Can't wait to dig into chapter 2 (which is all about the evolution of English and Australian cricket in the 1900's)! You and Mr. Slave, will really enjoy this book! Perhaps you can gift it to him, for Christmas (if he hasn't already celebrated his birthday), to make up for the disappointment of that book on Mr. Morris, getting lost in the mail? :) 

This book is wonderful, Julie! :D I have already finished the 1st chapter that gives such a detailed account about how 'The Ashes' series actually began, going as far back as England's tour of Australia in 1862! I was also introduced to so many interesting little tidbits about forgotten legends such as Fredrick Spofforth and Billy Murdoch and the manner in which cricket was played those days (when an over consisted of just 4 balls, etc)! Can't wait to dig into chapter 2 (which is all about the evolution of English and Australian cricket in the 1900's)! You and Mr. Slave, will really enjoy this book! Perhaps you can gift it to him, for Christmas (if he hasn't already celebrated his birthday), to make up for the disappointment of that book on Mr. Morris, getting lost in the mail? :) 

Yes, maybe I will look into that. Let me know what it says about Arthur.

we bumped into Arthurs wife, Judith yesterday. She's going ok. We told her about the book, and she is going to see if she has a copy at home that Mr Slave can have! :)

Was thrilled beyond measure to find this in the mail, this morning! :D It's a book that I ordered slightly more than a month ago and it had to be imported all the way from the UK. The seller had delayed shipping by 2 weeks and I was so scared that it might get lost in the mail! Beyond stoked that it arrived today! :yay: Highly recommended for those who not only love the game of Cricket, but who also love to explore its glorious history! :) This sure as hell, beats downloading the e-book version! :P 

History%20of%20the%20Ashes%20-%20Book1_z

History%20of%20the%20Ashes%20Book%202_zp

That's awesome Kiwi! Looks like quite an authoritative tome.

Yes, maybe I will look into that. Let me know what it says about Arthur.

we bumped into Arthurs wife, Judith yesterday. She's going ok. We told her about the book, and she is going to see if she has a copy at home that Mr Slave can have! :)

Will do, Julie! I had a brief look at the name index at the back of the book and there seems to be quite a lot of references to Mr. Morris! :) 

Sorry if this seems overly inquisitive, but what is the name of that book on Mr. Morris? I am just very curious to know! Hopefully, Mrs. Morris will be able to find a copy for Mr. Slave! :) 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

That's awesome Kiwi! Looks like quite an authoritative tome.

Thank you, Strider! Yeah, I can tell that the author of this book (Simon Hughes, who was a cricketer himself and who is now known as 'Cricket's Analyst'), has thoroughly researched the topic and has made it such a fun read! :D Do try and get yourself a copy! It is really worth it! :) 

Will do, Julie! I had a brief look at the name index at the back of the book and there seems to be quite a lot of references to Mr. Morris! :) 

Sorry if this seems overly inquisitive, but what is the name of that book on Mr. Morris? I am just very curious to know! Hopefully, Mrs. Morris will be able to find a copy for Mr. Slave! :) 

It is called "The elegant genius "  . Mrs Morris said she doesn't even have one herself! :( So I said that if we ever find a copy we will get her one.

It is called "The elegant genius "  . Mrs Morris said she doesn't even have one herself! :( So I said that if we ever find a copy we will get her one.

I think I might have found an online store that sells copies of this book! Just select Australia as the shipping destination, while checking out.

Here is the link: http://www.abebooks.com/book-search/isbn/0733304125/

Good luck! :) 

My dad came back home yesterday, after a 4 month long voyage! :yay: I am finally getting to spend some quality time with him, after so long! :wub:He is a Marine Chief Engineer and part of his job involves undertaking long voyages of 4 to 6 months. He's pretty much in charge of the engine room of massive cargo ships (such as bulk carriers). He used to sail for a year at a time, when he was younger. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
Silly spelling error

Heading up to Philadelphia today to see my best friends from high school.  We're going to see a show (High Society) directed by our HS drama teacher and starring his husband, who also went to our school.

Friends, old and new, are the best!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy the moderators finally banned political and religious topics. I made the suggestion to Sam and the other moderators over a year ago. I imagine others may have as well. I can only assume that either someone with more clout than a lowly fan like me has complained, or, someone threatened a lawsuit or government complaint. I don't know where this website is registered, but hate speech is illegal in the UK, and in the US, it's possible a legal case can be made that a website with 800,000 members is a public accommodation. Advocating violence against a minority group isn't  allowed under the US's First Amendment and public accommodations aren't theoretically allowed to create hostile environments for minority groups or women (although they often get away with it).

I had offered a few of my neighbors to watch their dog/dogs for the Holiday since I am staying home. I was breaking down watching Hatchi which I just posted on the movie clips thread...and my neighbor just around the corner has a miniature collie who is 6 years old who is so sweet and well behaved and they just called and are letting me take care of him from Wednesday until Saturday or Sunday. 

I AM SO HAPPY right now  :yesnod:

went to the world wide screening of Roger Waters "The Wall " concert..... absolutely AMAZING!!! loved it. i so wish I get to see the actual concert one day. The special effects, musicians, lighting, timing 10/10...... 

I've been at one of these shows when he played here.....spectacular, sound was superb, rotating all over the venue. An extra treat was the break....as you know I love the Tuvan overtone band Huun Huur Tu. During the break they blasted their music over the speakers at an absolute maximum volume....spine tingling to hear them in that way.

I've been at one of these shows when he played here.....spectacular, sound was superb, rotating all over the venue. An extra treat was the break....as you know I love the Tuvan overtone band Huun Huur Tu. During the break they blasted their music over the speakers at an absolute maximum volume....spine tingling to hear them in that way.

oh so you have seen the actual Wall"show? i'd love to. The images projected and the sound effects..... just amazing. I loved this movie :)

oh so you have seen the actual Wall"show? i'd love to. The images projected and the sound effects..... just amazing. I loved this movie :)

Even twice....the first time was in Berlin at the Potzdamer Platz in 1990, but it was a big chaos.

The second thime was in an inside venue in Arnhem, and the experience just blew me away.

Edited by reswati