What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I have a 6 hour marathon of the entire 6th season of Downton Abbey, to look forward to, on T.V, this Saturday!! :yay: 

After such a horrible fuckin' week (beginning from Sunday, the 10th of January, 2016), at long last, something to look forward to and be happy about, for a change!! :D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
My immense excitement about Downton Abbey, made me make a silly spelling error in my post.

6 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Watching the series finale of Downton Abbey. It was a beautifully crafted Christmas Special that really made my day! :D 

Wow. That was quick. Sheesh...when you binge-watch, you don't mess around. Hehehe.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Wow. That was quick. Sheesh...when you binge-watch, you don't mess around. Hehehe.

To say that I'm a 'Downton Abbey fanatic', will most certainly be, the understatement of the century! ;) I usually don't care this much about T.V shows, but there was something incredibly special about this one! :) 

Edited to add: If it were solely up to me, I would have gladly, watched the 6th season of Downton Abbey, one episode at a time, each week night (like I have always done for the past 5 years or so), but sadly, my local T.V channel had other plans this time around and has officially confirmed that it won't be bothering to air the series, ever again. So, this 12 hour weekend binge (6 hours on Saturday and 6 hours on Sunday), was pretty much, a one in a lifetime opportunity. 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

On 3-1-2016 at 1:10 AM, Strider said:

Taking my nephew for his second helping of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"...this time at the El Capitan where they have a light-saber light show before the movie and cool costume and prop displays. And Lego sculptures.

20160102_152014.thumb.jpg.5d7643542bfc0f20160102_125153.thumb.jpg.c5e005c7aea5bb

This kid is fucking cool........he may date my daughter anytime due to good taste.

On 1/3/2016 at 0:10 AM, Strider said:

Taking my nephew for his second helping of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"...this time at the El Capitan where they have a light-saber light show before the movie and cool costume and prop displays. And Lego sculptures.

20160102_152014.thumb.jpg.5d7643542bfc0f20160102_125153.thumb.jpg.c5e005c7aea5bb

Rock on guys. Keep that hair going !

Well I finally have my Macbook Pro.  13" will have to do.  I cannot believe how light it is.  But Its going to replace this HP Pavilion that is on its final days.  I was talked into buying Apple care for it.   With the Webroot anti-virus which I added to this also.  I have more setting up to do on it.  Just added Flash player and have I Cloud set up.  I think I am pretty much done now.  I have my Taylor, my Smith and Wesson and now my Apple.  What else is there except to travel?  Or hit the Power Ball:lol:  In my dreams.  

PS, how could I forget to tell I have also the Canon Rebel EOS that I won online.  We went to a camera class Sunday at Best Buy.  Fabulous.  This camera is impressive to say the least.  My wife is the real user  of it.  

Edited by LedZeppfan77
Forgot something

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to celebrating two anniversaries, next week (just days within each other):

My parents' 35th Wedding Anniversary (on the 9th of February) - I'm so happy for those two crazy kids :wub: 

The 35th Anniversary of the release of one of my favourite Progressive Rock albums on earth (on the 12th of February)

Moving_Pictures.jpg

:D 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
To add the Happy Anniversary Song sung on The Flintstones

On 10/18/2015 at 11:26 PM, slave to zep said:

Yes, maybe I will look into that. Let me know what it says about Arthur.

we bumped into Arthurs wife, Judith yesterday. She's going ok. We told her about the book, and she is going to see if she has a copy at home that Mr Slave can have! :)

Hi Julie! :wave: 

I just remembered our conversation from a while ago. 

I have almost finished reading that book on the history of the Ashes and I found a nice quote that to a certain degree, summarizes Simon Hughes' opinion on Mr. Morris' batting technique and I have to share it with you:

'Arthur Morris was an elegant left-hander with superb concentration, accomplished against all types of bowling but especially fluent against spin'. :) 

I hope you succeeded in getting that book that you wanted, about Mr. Morris, for your hubby. 

11 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Hi Julie! :wave: 

I just remembered our conversation from a while ago. 

I have almost finished reading that book on the history of the Ashes and I found a nice quote that to a certain degree, summarizes Simon Hughes' opinion on Mr. Morris' batting technique and I have to share it with you:

'Arthur Morris was an elegant left-hander with superb concentration, accomplished against all types of bowling but especially fluent against spin'. :) 

I hope you succeeded in getting that book that you wanted, about Mr. Morris, for your hubby. 

yes, hubby says he wasn't called "The elegant genius "for nothing :)

Not only did Mrs Morris find a copy, but a SIGNED copy!!!

hubby was very excited on christmas day ! :)

I finally have some time to rest. Busy week and I have been working non stop since Tuesday. I am in the northeast and it is beyond freezing here!!! I hope next weekend has better weather so I can go to Manhattan and catch a show or something, anything just to get away from the hotel for a day! Being on the road for 30 days will make me kiss my front door when I get back home!! :-)  

I am trying to stay in a good mood as I know so many people have it far worse than myself. After about 80 hours of work this week my brain is exhausted and I cannot wait to get back home for good around mid March...until the next job.

I hope you all have  great weekend:-)   

On a side note: With all this crazy weather please take time to check on the elderly around you and I hope people are kind enough to have the pets/animals indoor and out of this weather!

6 minutes ago, Deborah J said:

I finally have some time to rest. Busy week and I have been working non stop since Tuesday. I am in the northeast and it is beyond freezing here!!! I hope next weekend has better weather so I can go to Manhattan and catch a show or something, anything just to get away from the hotel for a day! Being on the road for 30 days will make me kiss my front door when I get back home!! :-)  

I am trying to stay in a good mood as I know so many people have it far worse than myself. After about 80 hours of work this week my brain is exhausted and I cannot wait to get back home for good around mid March...until the next job.

I hope you all have  great weekend:-)   

On a side note: With all this crazy weather please take time to check on the elderly around you and I hope people are kind enough to have the pets/animals indoor and out of this weather!

Sorry to hear about the long hours, Deb, but glad you're happy this Friday evening! :)