What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

14 hours ago, Strider said:

Why "Mothership"? There is nothing on there that isn't on the other albums and it was brickwalled to death. The entire package should be deleted from the catalogue.

Mothership is the first LZ album I bought.  It looked like a 'best of' and it, along with watching TSRTS, is what got me hooked on LZ and wanting to then purchase their entire catalogue.  I don't listen to Mothership any longer, but I don't regret is as a first purchase.

13 hours ago, Walter said:

We're over the moon, ebk!  We won't be doing the heavy work! ;)  S and I always have a plan waaaay before we ever get into something - hence the reason why we had 3 full kids names ready, when we only decided to have one! :) 

I just hope things good pretty smoothly.  We've never built one from dirt before.  It's a beautiful lot in a brand new neighborhood for us to call ours as it is built.  Closer to Tampa too, for an occasional run down to Bern's!!!  I've been picking up some Duckhorn when I find it for a good price! ?

:peace: 

Congratulations, Walter, that is very exciting!  We still live in the house we built from dirt, and while we've made several modifications over the years (changing floors, counters, paint, etc. and even adding on when our family grew), we are still very happy.  The key is to do a lot of planning ahead, and it sounds like you are well on your way with that!  Best wishes to you and your family! :) 

This morning the smell of coffee made me happy!  It doesn't take much. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ddladner said:

This morning the smell of coffee made me happy!  It doesn't take much. ;) 

There is no morning without the smell - and everything else! - of coffee.  It's essential to life!  :coffee:

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Why "Mothership"? There is nothing on there that isn't on the other albums and it was brickwalled to death. The entire package should be deleted from the catalogue.

Without box set compilations such as (for instance) Led Zeppelin : Early Days and Latter Days, released in 2002 (which by the way, does resemble Mothership in some ways), I would never have gotten a whiff of what the music of Led Zeppelin was all about. True, that there are some glaring omissions on these comps such as Tea For One, In The Light and Carouselambra (to name a few!), but had I not got this rather gentle introduction to Led Zeppelin, I probably, would never have had that massive urge to rummage through my dad's CD collection, all those years ago (at the tender age of 16) and discover the astounding discography of one of the greatest bands of all time. Besides, my dad is not the kind of guy who would talk about his musical tastes freely, let alone recommend his favourite bands to someone! So, it was all up to me, to discover the magic of Led Zeppelin, on my own. I just picked out that box set one day from my dad's CD rack and since, the box set cover looked interesting (yes, I was fascinated by that cover where Page & Co. wore space suits :P ), I decided to give it a spin on my CD player and the rest (as they say), was history! 

I don't listen to the Latter Days and Early Days box set, at all these days, but I would like to reiterate that without this box set to give me that first gentle little push, in the right direction (especially since, sites such as Youtube did not exist yet, for me to seek out 'new' bands that might interest me), I honestly, would be pretty lost, today.

To me, comps like Mothership and the Early Days and Latter Days box set are as important as (for example), Queen : Greatest Hits Volume I and Queen : Greatest Flix. As you may already know (as I mentioned in an email to you, a while ago), both the cassette version and VHS version of that Queen comp, certainly changed my life, as an innocent two and a half year old, way back in 1991 and hence, resulted in my lifelong Queen fandom! :D  

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

10 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Wow! Now I really believe in the phrase Third Time Lucky!

I know that packages get lost in the mail. But losing two packages (one on each occasion), containing the same items, in a span of three weeks, is just plain freaky, creepy and ridiculous, IMO! :wacko: 

After receiving news that my shipments from the U.S, had been lost in transit on two separate occasions by not one, but two sellers over the past three weeks, you can imagine how happy and relieved I was, to FINALLY receive these in the mail, after the third seller fulfilled my order with absolutely no glitches! 

I almost cried out with relief when I received the package, as I was so frustrated and exasperated with the way things had played out, these past 3 weeks! The only thing I didn't do, was to yell at the courier delivery guy : Get your grubby hands off my CD's!  Give them to me, NOW! :lol: 

Patience really is a virtue, in situations like these! ;) 

c89f50e2-18f6-4f30-bac9-d60d0e963fdb_zps  

93514c53-9990-4bec-ab28-fb077fe7007a_zps   

a2f771d0-d0d6-422b-8c5e-4266bf36bd14_zps

d4ee7a90-151a-45e0-bca5-b2036db8bca9_zps

Great hauls there!

There is so much hope for the future!

Meet a sweet little 3 year old, who is a fan of Led Zeppelin! :wub: This video is so adorable that it warmed my heart! Just the way that this little girl named all the tunes in such an adorable way and so eagerly, as her dad played some of the riffs on the guitar, just to test her knowledge, was a delight to see! :D 

13086885_1211150865585969_34197834422662

From left to right: Heather Matarazzo, Illeana Douglas, Wayne Federman, Jennifer Tilly, Kelly Carlin (George Carlin's daughter), and Greg Proops.

13086885_1211150865585969_3419783442266264384_o.jpg

Edited by Strider

22 minutes ago, Charles J. White said:

I coached for over 10 years, in 2 different kids leagues, I love Footie, keep an eye out for Ottawa Fury FC

We've been attending some Orlando City FC games and are season ticket holders for the Orlando Pride NWSL team with Alex Morgan, Ashlyn Harris and Kaylyn Kyle (from the Canadian national team).  Great family atmosphere and good action!  They're calling Orlando the soccer capital of the south because of the support that is here for both teams.  They have both set attendance records for their respective leagues.