What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

I love writing reviews for various products and services that I use. It's a hobby! ^_^ The site for which I write, rewards its users monetarily and all the review points that I accumulated these past two months, were transferred to my account a couple of days ago, as real moolah! Always cool to receive some pocket money on the side for a hobby that I love! :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Susan had her 18 month treatment checkup and everything is good. She is going to start a new post-cancer treatment next week that is a time release form of treatment involving an implant and injections that will occur every three weeks. That's a change from the tamoxifen they were giving her to ingest daily.  

Anyway, we celebrated tonight with a wine tasting paired with a four-course dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.   

:) 

^^Hi Walter and ebk! Great news Walter. Please give her my best as well.  

I am back home and beginning to get settled in and relaxed. I have so much to catch up in regards the threads! It's really great to be back home and I am looking forward to catching up here with friends.  Today is so nice, so I am off to enjoy nature :peace:       

On 8/30/2016 at 6:00 PM, Walter said:

Susan had her 18 month treatment checkup and everything is good. She is going to start a new post-cancer treatment next week that is a time release form of treatment involving an implant and injections that will occur every three weeks. That's a change from the tamoxifen they were giving her to ingest daily.  

Anyway, we celebrated tonight with a wine tasting paired with a four-course dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.   

Very welcome news to hear Walter. Some other people I know haven't had such good luck so it is good to know Mr. Cancer isn't batting a thousand. My blessings to Mrs. W and I hope she is up for the football pool this year.

There were flowers on my doorstep from probably a neighbor who knew I have been going through a rough time.  Good news is I have lost about 20 lbs in the last few weeks from worry and not eating. Although I now look 30 years older.  But flowers made me feel good today.

Super excited for the start of the NFL season!  

Plus I'm ready for fantasy football, 4 leagues this year - trying to 3-peat in one (with my co-workers).  

Very exciting day!  Wore my NFL tie from back in '94 that was given to me during my internship.  

Tradition.

On 31/08/2016 at 2:00 AM, Walter said:

That's great news man. Our best wishes to Susan

September 9-11 2016. Another "Best Weekend Ever" in my book.

You know those weekends, and if we are lucky - weeks, where everything just clicks into place and every minute from Friday morning to Sunday night is filled with joy and pleasure? Hopefully you have a bunch in your lifetime and it's the memories of those glorious days that get you through the dark times.

I have had more than my share of "Best Weekend Ever"s. June 23-25 1972, May 31-June 3, 1973, June 21-27, 1977 (Best Week Ever) for obvious reasons.

August 9-11, 1974...January 28-31, 1977...June 9-11, 1972...August 28-30, 1981...September 12-13, 1981...September 1-3, 1984...April 20-29, 1989...June 23-25, 1995...September 18-20, 1998...June 20-23, 2013...July 18-29, 2013...are some other weekends or weeks that stand out in my life.

And now September 9-11, 2016. Back-to-back nights of extraordinary ELO concerts at the Bowl Friday and Saturday...one in the great company of Ddladner that turned out to be one of the most serendipitous and "touched by the hand of fate" experiences I have ever had. Another lovely concert Sunday: Ray LaMontagne at the Greek...whose new album "Ouroboros" is one of the albums of the year. Opening weekend of the NFL season with the Raiders picking up their first season-opening victory in 5 years. Plenty of good weather and good food (not all of it healthy ;) ) and good drinks and good times with the aforementioned Ddladner.

The only glitch was never hearing back from Dallas Knebs about the ELO show.

It is weekends like these that allow me to shake off those times when work sucks or the cat has died or the girlfriend leaves you.

Edited by Strider

Just got home from an amazing trip to California with my son.  Full of gorgeous weather, yummy food, great music and a ton of special memories.  Including meeting Strider.  Strider, I am thankful that my special weekend shares some of the same great moments as your special weekend.  How cool is that!  I will be reflecting on this weekend for some time.

:gimmefive:

• 1 month later...

One month with NO happiness around here... :wtf:  ;) 

We had our pre-construction meeting with our builders today....had been awhile since we'd been out there.  Getting very excited!  This is the front and right side elevation map.  Gives you an idea of what it'll look like.

image.jpg

Edited by Walter

Wow, that is beautiful, Walter!  Know you can't wait to be in it!

Jack and Ginger sounds yummy, ledzepfvr! My Friday wind down drink was sangria. Just right for the boat ride with my little girl, Missy. I could post every single day about how happy she makes me, but y'all might get a little tired of that. ;) She is sassy and fearless, and she is a sweetheart. ❤️

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On October 14, 2016 at 7:13 PM, Walter said:

What a beautiful little girl you have there, Dd!  Looks like she's on top of things with that cute glare she has.  Glad everyone is having a great Friday! :) 

image.jpg

Thanks, Walter and ebk.  Yes, Walter, you spotted the 'look', Missy doesn't miss a thing!

Love the quote, so true! 

38 minutes ago, Ddladner said:

Thanks, Walter and ebk.  Yes, Walter, you spotted the 'look', Missy doesn't miss a thing!

Love the quote, so true! 

That's how I feel about you and the many other members here who have blessed me with words of encouragement and love.  

I know animals, well.  I've never met a stranger in the animal kingdom.

7 hours ago, Walter said:

That's how I feel about you and the many other members here who have blessed me with words of encouragement and love.  

I know animals, well.  I've never met a stranger in the animal kingdom.

What a nice thing to say, Walter!  And you have given out a fair share of love and encouragement yourself.  It's definitely what makes the world go around. :) 

:friends: 

• 1 month later...

I just landed on my dream job today in Data Analytics! :yay:I got the call just a few minutes ago and I still can't believe it...I start on Monday. 

The hunt for my break into the Analytics industry, has not been easy at all.

While applying for jobs, I have even faced discrimination just because I am not an Engineer and just because I am a woman. At one point, I became terribly disillusioned with the system but, my beautiful parents urged me not to give up! In life, you really have to have someone in your corner, who loves you and who believes in you! 

My incredibly loving parents, my goofiness and the music of a wonderful band from Canada called Rush (who IMHO is the greatest band of all time) kept me afloat and prevented me from turning into a dark and cynical person with severe depression, who chose to give up on her dreams. 

All this time, I have been working two jobs. One is in the form of volunteer work as a student mentor because I love helping people who show an interest in the subject that I love : Econometrics. The other involves being a Subject Matter Expert in Statistics. 

To anyone out there whose having problems in any aspect of your life, this post is for YOU! Whatever you do, don't give up, EVER!

There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Also, please remember that the only way from DOWN is UP!!!! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87