What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

17 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Yeah I purposely left off the word tribute because everyone seems to hate tribute bands :)

It was great!

We were 11th row from front and in the centre. Great sound and view. Singer had a powerful voice - YouTube doesn't do them justice. Full orchestra was amazing. They did All of my love and some guy played that horn solo part perfectly. 

My son loved it! 

images (14).jpg

Lovely to know that you and your son bonded over Led Zeppelin, Julie!! I know that it is a tribute band, but still! Moments like these are so precious and serve as ample proof that Led Zeppelin's music transcends generations! :D

Reading your post reminded me of the times that my dad and I bonded over the music of so many bands, he introduced me to, including Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. 

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I guess I can share the happy news...I've become an uncle twice over again. Twin boys.

IMG_01961-1.jpg

Great picture, Sean!  Thanks for sharing your great news - those kids couldn't ask for a better uncle!  

On January 12, 2017 at 3:15 AM, Strider said:

^^^I'm always happy when you're happy.

Hey Walter, I have a question. Your house doesn't have a roof yet and the upper level seems a little exposed. It's winter now. What do they do when a big storm rolls through?

Here you go Strider - roof is on!  We went out there yesterday.  Today we have some wonderful friends come over and help us put up some dry wall, repair some kick plates in the kitchen and tomorrow we are hanging some closet doors to make Mrs Walters office an "official" 4th bedroom and therefore raise the asking price of our house about 20k.  It'll be on the market next weekend.  Things moving quickly....

image.jpg

Thanks everyone.

16 hours ago, Walter said:

Here you go Strider - roof is on!  We went out there yesterday.  Today we have some wonderful friends come over and help us put up some dry wall, repair some kick plates in the kitchen and tomorrow we are hanging some closet doors to make Mrs Walters office an "official" 4th bedroom and therefore raise the asking price of our house about 20k.  It'll be on the market next weekend.  Things moving quickly....

image.jpg

Where's the Man Cave? ?

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Where's the Man Cave? ?

On the 2nd floor.  With a lot of different sports memorabilia.  Still deciding on what course to take for tv/projection.  We've got some more time though.  Just finishing up around here to get this place on the market next week.  Exhausting. 

On 15/01/2017 at 4:19 AM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Lovely to know that you and your son bonded over Led Zeppelin, Julie!! I know that it is a tribute band, but still! Moments like these are so precious and serve as ample proof that Led Zeppelin's music transcends generations! :D

Reading your post reminded me of the times that my dad and I bonded over the music of so many bands, he introduced me to, including Led Zeppelin, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. 

It's just wonderful! 

Congratulations,  Strider.  Those kids will have a great life with you around :)

12 hours ago, craigled said:

All day i have been really happy. For a change. Watched my great football team. (on the telly tbh) and then went on my mates sunbed. Not seen much of my family. All that adds up to a belting day.

Not safe. Not safe at all. I've only ever had the misfortune to allow myself 6 minutes in a microwave. I was going to India for a beach holiday and thought it would be a good idea to " acclimatise" my skin to the tropical sun. I came out smelling like a pork chop and this glow akin to living in Chernobyl. Should be banned along with betting shops and Coldplay albums

Walter, Dd and I were discussing the classic movie "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and she had the perfect suggestion that you should see the movie.

Bingo! Of course...this movie is a natural for your family to watch. Cary Grant and Myrna Loy and their kids live in a cramped apartment in the city and Cary gets the bright idea to move out to a house in the countryside. Complications and hilarity ensue.

Perfect for family viewing...no swearing, no nudity.

Oh, and the actual "dream house" built in the movie still stands. It's used for park administration offices in Malibu, CA.

5 hours ago, Strider said:

Walter, Dd and I were discussing the classic movie "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and she had the perfect suggestion that you should see the movie.

Bingo! Of course...this movie is a natural for your family to watch. Cary Grant and Myrna Loy and their kids live in a cramped apartment in the city and Cary gets the bright idea to move out to a house in the countryside. Complications and hilarity ensue.

Oh, and the actual "dream house" built in the movie still stands. It's used for park administration offices in Malibu, CA.

I'll have to check that one out.  

9 hours ago, Strider said:

3 hours ago, Walter said:

I'll have to check that one out.  

Yes, it's a delightful movie!  In my personal experience, one idea leads to ten more when you are building or renovating.  Every time. Good luck to the Walters, remember to make it fun! :) 

On 1/17/2017 at 4:49 PM, Strider said:

An alternative, on how not to build that "dream house".