What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The postman came calling, while I was at work.

He delivered what can be aptly described as a massive and beautiful box of my favourite things!

I am so thankful and honoured to know and be friends with such a generous and wonderful guy! Some day, I intend to meet you in person, in Southern California, my friend!! :friends: 

I have surprises in store for you too! I can't wait to send them across and for you to receive them!! 

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87
silly grammatical typo

22 hours ago, craigled said:

Gosh i know. My Wife actually says Alison is my 2nd wife. She knows i like her that much.

Hehehe. The first time I saw her she was wearing this short dress and these amazing boots. I was down in the front and I could see all the way to Valhalla.

Shirley Manson of Garbage also used to give the punters down front such lovely views.

You are a genuine Frapper i can tell. Because Frappers also like Garbage, Kate Bush and Bjork. I must admit, I am not massive on the latter. I have seen Frapp once. At Manchester academy in 2010. It was amazing. Some warm-up dates have been arranged, London, Oxford, Cambridge and Sheffield. Mrs says no. Wait for a Manchester date. So that is that.

3 hours ago, redrum said:

Today I received my Canon 9000F Mark 2 film and document scanner. Now I can get rid of all my old darkroom equipment.

Hi Redrum

Is this the kind of scanner that you can put negatives in and see what they are? I have loads of negs which i don't know what they are and would love to put them through a machine and have a look. Any help would be great

On 1/25/2017 at 11:35 PM, chillumpuffer said:

Hi Redrum

Is this the kind of scanner that you can put negatives in and see what they are? I have loads of negs which i don't know what they are and would love to put them through a machine and have a look. Any help would be great

Yes, it's a flatbed scanner which has holders for 35mm and 120 film. It was $183.00. I got it mainly for my black & white negatives. It will scan color negs, slides and documents. I am still getting the hang of it and the ones I've scanned look great so far. Now I have to figure out how to save them. I called Canon and they are good at helping out. I know I'll have to call them again. Once you scan them you get a positive (preview) showing thumbnails and you can then edit, adjust brightness, contrast, color, etc. I was never able to get the great tone and clarity in a conventional darkroom as I am with digital editing, but I will keep shooting film. Tri-X is my favorite. PM me if you need more info.

17 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

A company that was not welcome in India when I was there.But Campa Cola or even worse Limca was the drink - ghastly stuff

LOL! I dislike drinking Coca Cola too, CP, but I don't think I should ever mention that during my various conference calls to the director of Coca Cola in Atlanta! :P 

2 hours ago, ebk said:

Looking forward to it!  I'm fairly certain I'll be ready to eat again by then :D 

Haha!  Yes, eating in New Orleans is a must.  Whether you are hungry or not.  I have my favorites, but can't say I've ever had a bad meal in NOLA.  Cooking is what they do best!! ;) 

12 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Have fun, you guys!!! :D 

Many thanks, Kiwi!  I'm super excited that ebk is visiting one of my favorite cities, and that I am close by to join her for a bit. :) 

26 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Racist, homophobic, bigot.

You seem to have dragged your right wing political views on a thread that generally makes people happy. For once and for all keep your opinions and, may I say, offensive political views to yourself

I'm happy that we have good people here on this board.  Like you, cp, and Sean and Rick (yes, Rick :) ) and Paul and Walter and Kiwi and Debbie, who I had an absolutely marvelous day with yesterday!!!  Thanks again, Debbie!