What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Racist, homophobic, bigot.

You seem to have dragged your right wing political views on a thread that generally makes people happy. For once and for all keep your opinions and, may I say, offensive political views to yourself

Don't concern yourself with these lonely, soulless, self-absorbed, individuals.  They are living in their own Hell.  

Btw, I read in your profile that you were asking about the origins of the term snowflake....it was originally adopted by the KKK, concerning people who opposed the abolishment of slavery, which answers all your questions about some around here.  P'sOS.

Edited by Walter

8 hours ago, ebk said:

I'm happy that we have good people here on this board.  Like you, cp, and Sean and Rick (yes, Rick :) ) and Paul and Walter and Kiwi and Debbie, who I had an absolutely marvelous day with yesterday!!!  Thanks again, Debbie!

????

Hope you ladies are having the time of your lives! ✌?️

7 hours ago, ebk said:

I'm happy that we have good people here on this board.  Like you, cp, and Sean and Rick (yes, Rick :) ) and Paul and Walter and Kiwi and Debbie, who I had an absolutely marvelous day with yesterday!!!  Thanks again, Debbie!

Esther, it was a great pleasure to meet you in person and hang out with you for the day in the Crescent City!  You are a lovely soul, and I hope we have the opportunity to meet again someday! 

:toast: 

15 hours ago, ebk said:

Thanks Esther. So pleased you got to meet up with Debbie. I trust the food and wine was marvellous? Your seats around my dining table are forever waiting !:)

7 hours ago, Walter said:

Don't concern yourself with these lonely, soulless, self-absorbed, individuals.  They are living in their own Hell.  

Btw, I read in your profile that you were asking about the origins of the term snowflake....it was originally adopted by the KKK, concerning people who opposed the abolishment of slavery, which answers all your questions about some around here.  P'sOS.

Not concerned man. Just shocked to read such vile bullshit on here, especially as Sam has laid down some ground rules. I count myself to be a tolerant person and I live in a multi cultural society that just doesn't put up with this low life,ignorant and plain racist bollocks. I know about freedom of speech but that kind of language could land you in court in this country. I see he hasn't the decency to apologise?

Anyway here is a great track from one of my fav. ever Reggae bands. As a tribute to that ignoramus. If you don't know them I seriously recommend you check out "Handsworth Revolution" 

On 2/1/2017 at 10:35 PM, ebk said:

16 hours ago, Ddladner said:

Esther, it was a great pleasure to meet you in person and hang out with you for the day in the Crescent City!  You are a lovely soul, and I hope we have the opportunity to meet again someday! 

:toast: 

So glad to know that you guys had such a wonderful time!! :D 

You can update the "Meeting Forum Members in the Flesh" thread! :) 

Getting appreciated by a U.S client for my work.

I am rather the dark horse at work. I don't say much, but I do deliver the goods! I am a perfectionist and I truly believe in the saying "Haste makes waste!". My boss was initially pretty miffed that I sent in the final results about an hour late, but you know what? I strive for perfection! I rather send the client good results rather than results that were  hastily put together!! 

If the client is happy, I'm happy! :) 

1 minute ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

I am rather the dark horse at work. I don't say much, but I do deliver the goods! I am a perfectionist and I truly believe in the saying "Haste makes waste!". My boss was initially pretty miffed that I sent in the final results about an hour late, but you know what? I strive for perfection! I rather send the client good results rather than results that were  hastily put together!! 

Good for you. Well done Kiwi. :toast:

If you are going to do something, do it right. 

8 minutes ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

Well done Kiwi. A glass of a single malt for your efforts?

3 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

Well done Kiwi. A glass of a single malt for your efforts?

Cheers, CP! That is so sweet of you!! :friends: 

A couple of glasses of Beefeater London Dry Gin served as the perfect recipe for celebration! I love my job, but these past couple of days, I've had to stay in the office beyond 8:30 PM. I was upset, but after seeing the client's email this fine Saturday morning, I thought to myself, "Blimey! This was so worth it, in the end!". I even had a tiny shot of whiskey at 11 AM in the morning today, after seeing the client's email that the big boss forwarded! :lol: 

I am the strong and silent type at work! :D 

To whom it may concern: Merci. Vielen dank. Grazie. Thank you for the Led Zeppelin light that just arrived in the mail from Hong Kong! :thanku::yourock:

Unfortunately there was no note or any indication inside about who it was from. None of my friends claim sending it so I can only assume it was from someone here on the Forum who has my address...of which there are at least 13 candidates.

Your gift is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

21 hours ago, Strider said:

To whom it may concern: Merci. Vielen dank. Grazie. Thank you for the Led Zeppelin light that just arrived in the mail from Hong Kong! :thanku::yourock:

Unfortunately there was no note or any indication inside about who it was from. None of my friends claim sending it so I can only assume it was from someone here on the Forum who has my address...of which there are at least 13 candidates.

Your gift is much appreciated. Thank you very much.

At the risk of repeating myself, "nice things for lovely people!" :) 

On 2/8/2017 at 11:14 PM, craigled said:

My Daughter is more or less fixed up for her College course. Starting in September. Reliant on grades. That she is going to get. We are being realistic. Not on about somebody getting in Uni in a couple of years time.

That's wonderful! Congratulations and all the very best to your daughter, Craig! :cheer: University is such an important and exciting phase! You truly get to find yourself and discover what you would love to do! 

On 8-2-2017 at 6:44 PM, craigled said:

My Daughter is more or less fixed up for her College course. Starting in September. Reliant on grades. That she is going to get. We are being realistic. Not on about somebody getting in Uni in a couple of years time.

Best of luck to her!