What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

• 2 weeks later...

My next door neighbour who is a musician by profession, has been endorsed by Gibson Guitars. I am really happy for the guy! :D 

I remember the kind of opposition he faced from his father, while his mother backed him to the hilt. But the guy didn't back down. He chose to follow his dreams, no matter what society thought. The guy's an inspiration in my book. This sure got me thinking back to my chosen career path. I too sure had to put up a fight and take chances, in order to get to do something I deeply love and enjoy.

Bottom line: Kids, follow your dreams. Take chances and believe in yourself. At the end of the day, be happy. Don't give in to society!

its Friday arvo, home from work...

Got a difficult task at work finally fully tested, boss happy.

Weeknights with Alice Cooper has just started, already 4 cracking good songs out of the gate. (first was WLL)

Wife pottering in the garden, dog chasing the birds...

charging my little helper up for later....

Sunset looks magic....

Life is good. :)

4 hours ago, kipper said:

The police finally came and arrested one of my noisy neighbors. He is a  loud abusive drunk. I think he was arrested for beating his wife who will probably go bail him out later.

Once upon a time, in the 1980's, I used to get awakened in the middle of the night by a guy (in his 20's) in the apartment directly above me, throwing his girlfriend hard down to the floor. There was probably alcohol involved, and, the wrong kind of drugs. I saw him once, and he kind of had a wild stare, and exuded an attitude like, "Nobody tells me what to do". (Like one of the "crazies" in Death Wish II).

Within a few weeks, that guy, at a different apartment complex, dove off the 2nd story to reach the pool below. He did not make the pool, and, I never heard any loud noises above me in my apartment complex again.

Edited by The Rover

Another great week/weekend in the Lakeshore neighborhood. Apex was going on the field for the Orlando City game and meeting the team/waving the banner on the field during the national anthem. 

F7896CE5-9859-48DB-B1EE-2EF7C15C9566.jpeg

03C2938E-4D34-4A13-8FE5-7B1B1011D4C4.jpeg

1D498584-99D7-496C-B301-8FE93265A01E.jpeg

Edited by Walter