Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hotplant

What Made You Happy today?

16 hours ago, Strider said:

Is this rugby we are talkin' about?

Oh...and happy anniversary you lovebirds!

Cheers mate.

Rugby League - very distinct from Rugby Union (commonly referred to as "Rugby") which is the more traditional international game played on most continents. Rugby League is more Aus, NZ and Pacific Islands, and England. (although there is a "world cup" - it's not really a world sport). Rugby league doesn't have the massive scrums that union have, and no throw in from the side lines. Union also doesn't have a tackle, and play the ball. Rugby League is easily the more entertaining game (in my view). It's the one thing I hate about summer, no NRL (National Rugby League). It's also the saving grace of winter - I hate the cold....

I highly recommend to all to check out State of Origin as a great sporting rivalry. It's as good as any you will find. Started in 1980. There are plenty of fun clips about it on ytube.

4 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Now there goes one very wacky dude. Love Lynch and his dreamscape / nightmare visions. Lynch is the master of the adult fairy tale.

Me  too!

Do you like Twin Peaks?

Have You seen season 3?

6 hours ago, slave to zep said:

Me  too!

Do you like Twin Peaks?

Have You seen season 3?

Yes, love TP but have not watched Season 3 yet. Planning on binging the whole season over the Christmas holiday 🙂 

6 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

Yes, love TP but have not watched Season 3 yet. Planning on binging the whole season over the Christmas holiday 🙂 

You're in for a ride!

Go in with no expectations.  It requires a second watch, or 3rd or....🙂

The correct way to watch is 

Season 1

Season 2

Fire, walk with me

Season 3

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, slave to zep said:

You're in for a ride!

Go in with no expectations.  It requires a second watch, or 3rd or....🙂

The correct way to watch is 

Season 1

Season 2

Fire, walk with me

Season 3

Enjoy!

I remember seeing Fire Walk with Me when it first came out. Great movie. I have it on DVD. The cabin scene is worth the price alone.

Finished the 9th and last window today. Now I just have to scrape and clean up the edges. Started on the door bathroom door frame to give it the same color.

2 hours ago, redrum said:

Finished the 9th and last window today. Now I just have to scrape and clean up the edges. Started on the door bathroom door frame to give it the same color.

Painting the outside of window frames was something I used to groan about when they needed doing. Eight years ago I had all my windows and doors replaced with double glazed all white PVC frames, it cost a fair few quid but it was well worth it. All white, the only maintainence  they need is  wipe down with soapy water now and again.

Edited by JTM

10 hours ago, JTM said:

Painting the outside of window frames was something I used to groan about when they needed doing. Eight years ago I had all my windows and doors replaced with double glazed all white PVC frames, it cost a fair few quid but it was well worth it. All white, the only maintainence  they need is  wipe down with soapy water now and again.

The ones I just finished are all inside. I'll start on the outside next year. It's going to be a lot of work. Keeps me busy. :)

My Black Sabbath Black Box sampler rare collector's CD arrive here in the US, from England, it should be here in a couple of days.

Though this is the holiday season and the postal system is busy, it arrived in Chicago yesterday and should be here by next week.

Had to clean my stove pipe of creosote today and replace the damper. Wasn't too hard. Last night I won my first chess game.