What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

On 5/9/2022 at 8:58 PM, Strider said:

Oh man, that sucks. Ricky is my favourite member of the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Not only is he one of the original founding members, but it was his return in the mid-2000s along with the addition of Dan Allaire on drums that helped resuscitate the band during the "Dig"-era malaise. A lot of people who go see BJM try to stand in front of Anton or Joel but I always go towards Ricky's side of the stage. That warm 12-string sound of his is crucial to the band's sound. I hope he is reunited with his beautiful Gibson E335 12 soon.

ricky-maymi-8fd845d8-0ba4-4071-9f41-a3d2ebbaa11-resize-750.png.b0f0df4864ae21d79d7679f394ce386f.png

Ricky has posted that Portland Police have recovered his Gibson, but not it’s flight case containing custom made effects pedals. 

Fortune

Coup to remove cancer-stricken Putin underway in Russia, Ukrainian intelligence chief says

Erin Prater
Sat, May 14, 2022, 8:46 AM

A coup is underway to oust Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is "very sick" due to cancer, according to Ukraine's head of military intelligence.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation. This process has already been launched and they are moving into that way," Ukrainian Major Gen. Kyrylo Budanov told the UK's Sky News in an exclusive interview.

An interviewer asked if a coup is underway, to which Budanov replied, "Yes. They are moving in this way and it is impossible to stop it."

Putin has cancer and other ailments, he said, dismissing the suggestion that he was spreading propaganda.

The Sunday Times recently reported that Putin has blood cancer, citing an unnamed Russian oligarch with close ties to the Kremlin. And a video recently resurfaced showing Putin shaking while welcoming Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko in mid-February, according to The Independent, fueling speculation that the despot has Parkinson's disease.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MOSCOW (AP) — Jailed American basketball star Brittney Griner on Thursday pleaded guilty to drug possession and smuggling during her trial in Moscow but said she had no intention of committing a crime, Russian news agencies reported.

The reports quoted Griner as saying through an interpreter at the court hearing that she had acted unintentionally because she was packing in haste.

Griner was detained in February at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport after vape canisters with cannabis oil allegedly were found in her luggage. She faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted of large-scale transportation of drugs.

#1 son 19th Birthday. Mates celebrating here with a quiet party with a backyard fire and a few (and I mean literally one or two) drinks. Happy that it is different now than me at that age - and for the better in terms of a drinking culture that I came through.

My son's crowd are all good kids that appear to be non the wiser to the bullshit I tend to focus on these days.

aaaaaaahhhhh to be young again....

19 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

The reports quoted Griner as saying through an interpreter at the court hearing that she had acted unintentionally because she was packing in haste.

If I'm the presiding judge I sentence her to 100 years then explain it all away by saying I made my ruling in haste.

Edited by SteveAJones

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's Friday tomorrow, I'm not on call for work, and we are organising to get Solar - and paying for most of it up front - and balance is interest free no finance involved as it's with one of the big energy companies here. Guarantee saving of over $3k (if we don't, they pay the difference)

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

It's Friday tomorrow, I'm not on call for work, and we are organising to get Solar - and paying for most of it up front - and balance is interest free no finance involved as it's with one of the big energy companies here. Guarantee saving of over $3k (if we don't, they pay the difference)

We've looked into Solar. However, as the sun hardly comes out here, we decided not to bother as it would take years to break even:D

On 10/6/2022 at 9:40 PM, chillumpuffer said:

We've looked into Solar. However, as the sun hardly comes out here, we decided not to bother as it would take years to break even:D

🤣 I can only imagine you poor bugger.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...