Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Hotplant

What Made You Happy today?

^that is a great reason to be really happy.

I went to one of my (still good but) old friend's graduation party today. It was nice to be there because I hadn't seen her in a few years. (Which is strange, considering we LIVED together for two years.)

She graduated nursing school on Friday, and she's now a nursing graduate. She hasn't taken the state boards yet, but I'm confident she'll do fine.

I'm proud of her because she is the first in her family to go to college, and she's taken the long way like me--it's taken 10 years to get her degree.

Most excellent!

Doesn't matter how long it takes, it matters that you guys hung in there and did it!

Just learned I'm getting a nice tax return :)

Woooohoooo.

Seeing this video CRACKS ME UP!

You Da Man, You Da Man

I'm happy i was able to find more delicious fruit at the market. I've stocked up for at least the next few days (it's the simple things that make me happy, lol).

I'm ecstatic over the beautiful weather. It's in the low 70's with a slight cool breeze and couldn't feel better.

I'm happy i am planning a nice nap in a few minutes with my lovely girl.

I'm happy i have a nice trip coming up soon. Thinking about it makes each day seem brighter.

I'm happy Hotplant and Tangerine are happy and looks like a lovely day...

That was yesterday! :lol:

But, I'm fairly happy today too. :)

I'm happy for air conditioning.

Edited by Hotplant

I bought the Mama Kin CD today. I had to buy it online, and I have NO clue what the US dollar is right now in exchange with the Aussie dollar, so it was $23 Aussie dollars...I probably just paid like $40 for it! :o

Not 80's Mama Kin, Aussie Mama Kin.

She is touring with John Butler Trio. I saw them in Boise in April.

I can't read a calender, I'm a freaking cat :) :)

Hiya Mandy...

I'm off for a bit. Too nice to not enjoy a walk and a kitty nap.

Cheers>>>

Edited by ledbaby

Knowing the guy i'm interested in is such a people lover, just makes me feel so goood inside.

Anyone have a bird cage key? Yummy lil birdie about, heee.

Watchit i got a sharp beak, putty tat...

:)

Watchit i got a sharp beak, putty tat...

:)

l_afe2c3ebe763e801bb92c7fe16bdaca6.jpg

That today as I walked by Cash 2000 on Wellington street in Verdun I saw a "Give us an offer" sign on the Hewlett-Packard DesignJet 450c printer so I walked in and offered $10... they said "yah" ... I was so stunned I couldn't beleive it and laughed even though I had no cash on me .., so I went back and offered $10 ... they said OK and WOW!!!

That's like what I wanted for so long in order to print out BIG maps of wherever I want helping me with my job ... and VOILA...

EXCELLENT!!!

Lrt the good times roll!!!

It must be the full moon because my cats are going crazy running around chasing each other, knocking things off the shelves and just having a grand old time. :D

My Big Brother and The Holding Company vinyl got here. NOw I just wish my Grace Slick book would.

Looking at new cars.

l_c3968eebb3ede98f2d89d736221996c9.jpg

Gas mileage is awesome on this thing. Oh sorry, Toyota Prius Hybrid

Edited by ledbaby

Home made biscuits dripping in real butter with strawberry preserves, fresh seedless grapes, and ripe cantaloupe.

The thought of leaving San Diego in another year makes me happy. To quote Hank Jr., "If this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand." Not that I expect anywhere else to be better, necessarily; I just want something different.

The thought of leaving San Diego in another year makes me happy. To quote Hank Jr., "If this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand." Not that I expect anywhere else to be better, necessarily; I just want something different.

I have only been to California once when i was five so i'm no expert (Disneyland). However, I always considered the San Diego area as one of my "dream" places to live if i could afford a home anywhere. Beautiful climate and beaches, paradise.

So where do you plan on relocating?

It's really not all it's cracked up to be, honestly. I mean, you definitely can't beat the weather, that's for sure, but other than that...meh. People are jerks, the traffic's a mess, it's one of the most expensive places to live in the country, it's pretty ugly except for La Jolla and a few other old neighborhoods that didn't get turned into tract houses and apartments in the '60s, etc. I do like being close to Disneyland, though, hehe!

Right now I'm in the process of checking out different graduate schools, so I guess I'll move to wherever I'm accepted. I've been looking at schools pretty much all over the place except for the Midwest (sorry, Midwest), but I've mostly been focusing on New England (MA, NY, CT), the coastal South (VA, NC, GA), and the northern West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle).

I realize a lot of these places will still have some of the same problems as here, but nonetheless I think I'd really enjoy a breath of fresh air. At the moment, UNC Chapel Hill is looking really neat in particular. Hopefully I'll get out and visit some of these places this summer, so I can get a more realistic view of what life would be like. Even if I end up not liking it, I still think I need a kick in the pants...I've been too helicopter-parented my whole life, and I need to grow up.

:) How many times do i have to say this, EAT ME, lol...

Actually, just share your buttered biscuits with me, ledbaby...

It's really not all it's cracked up to be, honestly. I mean, you definitely can't beat the weather, that's for sure, but other than that...meh. People are jerks, the traffic's a mess, it's one of the most expensive places to live in the country, it's pretty ugly except for La Jolla and a few other old neighborhoods that didn't get turned into tract houses and apartments in the '60s, etc. I do like being close to Disneyland, though, hehe!

Right now I'm in the process of checking out different graduate schools, so I guess I'll move to wherever I'm accepted. I've been looking at schools pretty much all over the place except for the Midwest (sorry, Midwest), but I've mostly been focusing on New England (MA, NY, CT), the coastal South (VA, NC, GA), and the northern West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle).

I realize a lot of these places will still have some of the same problems as here, but nonetheless I think I'd really enjoy a breath of fresh air. At the moment, UNC Chapel Hill is looking really neat in particular. Hopefully I'll get out and visit some of these places this summer, so I can get a more realistic view of what life would be like. Even if I end up not liking it, I still think I need a kick in the pants...I've been too helicopter-parented my whole life, and I need to grow up.

Well since you've lived there all your life you probably need a change. You will find jerks and traffic in many parts of the country, but certainly you can also find more tranquil areas, too.

Good luck on your search. Let us know where you wind up. You are certainly choosing from a wide variety of places. Sounds exciting.