What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

The thought of leaving San Diego in another year makes me happy. To quote Hank Jr., "If this is the promised land, I've had all I can stand." Not that I expect anywhere else to be better, necessarily; I just want something different.

I have only been to California once when i was five so i'm no expert (Disneyland). However, I always considered the San Diego area as one of my "dream" places to live if i could afford a home anywhere. Beautiful climate and beaches, paradise.

So where do you plan on relocating?

It's really not all it's cracked up to be, honestly. I mean, you definitely can't beat the weather, that's for sure, but other than that...meh. People are jerks, the traffic's a mess, it's one of the most expensive places to live in the country, it's pretty ugly except for La Jolla and a few other old neighborhoods that didn't get turned into tract houses and apartments in the '60s, etc. I do like being close to Disneyland, though, hehe!

Right now I'm in the process of checking out different graduate schools, so I guess I'll move to wherever I'm accepted. I've been looking at schools pretty much all over the place except for the Midwest (sorry, Midwest), but I've mostly been focusing on New England (MA, NY, CT), the coastal South (VA, NC, GA), and the northern West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle).

I realize a lot of these places will still have some of the same problems as here, but nonetheless I think I'd really enjoy a breath of fresh air. At the moment, UNC Chapel Hill is looking really neat in particular. Hopefully I'll get out and visit some of these places this summer, so I can get a more realistic view of what life would be like. Even if I end up not liking it, I still think I need a kick in the pants...I've been too helicopter-parented my whole life, and I need to grow up.

It's really not all it's cracked up to be, honestly. I mean, you definitely can't beat the weather, that's for sure, but other than that...meh. People are jerks, the traffic's a mess, it's one of the most expensive places to live in the country, it's pretty ugly except for La Jolla and a few other old neighborhoods that didn't get turned into tract houses and apartments in the '60s, etc. I do like being close to Disneyland, though, hehe!

Right now I'm in the process of checking out different graduate schools, so I guess I'll move to wherever I'm accepted. I've been looking at schools pretty much all over the place except for the Midwest (sorry, Midwest), but I've mostly been focusing on New England (MA, NY, CT), the coastal South (VA, NC, GA), and the northern West Coast (San Francisco and Seattle).

I realize a lot of these places will still have some of the same problems as here, but nonetheless I think I'd really enjoy a breath of fresh air. At the moment, UNC Chapel Hill is looking really neat in particular. Hopefully I'll get out and visit some of these places this summer, so I can get a more realistic view of what life would be like. Even if I end up not liking it, I still think I need a kick in the pants...I've been too helicopter-parented my whole life, and I need to grow up.

Well since you've lived there all your life you probably need a change. You will find jerks and traffic in many parts of the country, but certainly you can also find more tranquil areas, too.

Good luck on your search. Let us know where you wind up. You are certainly choosing from a wide variety of places. Sounds exciting.

Home made biscuits dripping in real butter with strawberry preserves, fresh seedless grapes, and ripe cantaloupe.

It would make me happy to share some of your fruit...sounds juicy...

What made me happy today was hugging my daughter tight, and hugging her for my friend, too.

Well since you've lived there all your life you probably need a change. You will find jerks and traffic in many parts of the country, but certainly you can also find more tranquil areas, too.

Good luck on your search. Let us know where you wind up. You are certainly choosing from a wide variety of places. Sounds exciting.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted. :)

Looking at new cars.

l_c3968eebb3ede98f2d89d736221996c9.jpg

Gas mileage is awesome on this thing. Oh sorry, Toyota Prius Hybrid

bought one of these when i found out we were getting stationed in norway ($9/gal gas) and absolutely love it...get the model with the keyless entry/start and you will never have to take the keys out of your pocket...

we also got an after market cargo carrier for the top for the times you want to go camping/ect...never going back to driving a tank again!!!

bought one of these when i found out we were getting stationed in norway ($9/gal gas) and absolutely love it...get the model with the keyless entry/start and you will never have to take the keys out of your pocket...

we also got an after market cargo carrier for the top for the times you want to go camping/ect...never going back to driving a tank again!!!

Cool, because it's not available until 2009. This is the 2009, gets better than 100mph. This is why I am gonna wait. I am shopping, havent bought yet. They say it get's 112 on highway. But I figure I will believe 112mph when I see it.

I like the Subaru Imprezza too, and we know a dealer.

BUT!

With petrol the way it is? Gas was like that in the U.K when I was there last too.

:blink:

Now you may have a 2008 :)

It would make me happy to share some of your fruit...sounds juicy...

What made me happy today was hugging my daughter tight, and hugging her for my friend, too.

I will share my fruit with you and Wooty any old time.

Good morning :)

This is the 2009 which get's over 100mpg. It's not available until 1 or 2, 2009. You must have an 2008 :) I was looking at Subaru too. But with gas prices the way they are and if I wait?

Over 100mpg :blink:

I will gladly wait. Better to be smart nowadays. The eCars wont go long distances.

Now they claim, very soon the Prius will have photovoltic cells on the roof and across the sides.

But.

They havent said if this will be in 2010 or not.

Norways a pretty country btw.

This is the 2009 which get's over 100mpg. It's not available until 1 or 2, 2009. You must have an 2008 :) I was looking at Subaru too. But with gas prices the way they are and if I wait?

Over 100mpg :blink:

I will gladly wait. Better to be smart nowadays. The eCars wont go long distances.

Now they claim, very soon the Prius will have photovoltic cells on the roof and across the sides.

But.

They havent said if this will be in 2010 or not.

Norways a pretty country btw.

100mpg???? that's incredible...as it stands now we get about 52mpg and we fill that 10 gallon tank every 2 weeks....once a month fill-up???? i could live with that!!

enjoy!!!

n566304403_501640_7422.jpg

100mpg???? that's incredible...as it stands now we get about 52mpg and we fill that 10 gallon tank every 2 weeks....once a month fill-up???? i could live with that!!

enjoy!!!

n566304403_501640_7422.jpg

Yeah they were selling it here as tops pf 60mph. Thank you for the pic, fjords and things.

I'll bring the whipped cream :)

It's too early in the morning for me yet. Good morning to you, ledbaby.

I have the home entirely cleaned, breakfast cooked and eaten. Get some sleep. You deserve it.

Have a bottle of bubbly chillin too.