What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Probably a regular old "budgie" then...tiki is a cute name! Well most parakeets are good talkers so you should have much enjoyment to look forward to. Do me a favor, read up on the best way to care for your pet bird (if you don't already know) and try to take care of him the best you can. I love birds and it saddens me how many pet birds live a life in a cage with bird seed as their diet. Sorry, but this is something very sad to me. One of the subjects i can get "preachy" about, sorry.

yep, he gets fresh greens and vegetables, but still doesnt seem too interested in them yet...

yep, he gets fresh greens and vegetables, but still doesnt seem too interested in them yet...

You should make sure Tiki gets a good brand of pellets. I have read rotating pellets a few days a week with seeds (so the bird doesn't just pick out the seeds he wants to eat and leaves the pellets) is a good way to feed them. Pellets are loaded with nutrition the bird needs. As for people food, you should add fruits to the diet. My bird loved apples, grapes, apricots, peaches, watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, cherries...and yogurt, cheese, scrambled eggs, Honey bunches of Oates cereal with milk, pasta, chinese food (lol, okay it is loaded with sodium), Jasmine would stand at the edge of my dad's plate and eat off it sometimes...the point is a variety of fruits/veggies and other healthy people food. You can even feed them some poultry (yikes!). FYI...no Avocado or chocolate!

Well, it was yesterday...:lol: but I'm so happy for my daughter. She got the job she really wanted.

When she's happy, I'm happy.

And as right this minute we might get some RAIN!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Cue, Rain Song. :hippy:

That's great! It's been a tough year for many people to find jobs so good for her. :)

I have two daughters. Both grown and on their own. I worry about them often. The good news is I am still not a grandaddy. And am in no hurry to be one.

Two of my children are just out of college this year and on their own - I worry about them constantly.

my bf's surprised me by preparing a breakfast on bed. sweet. :D

Must be nice to have more than one boyfriend :)

Day looks nice, coffee is strong. As long as the coffee is strong and I'm above ground it's gonna be a glorious day. I will be way happier when elections are over so all the chatter will slow down.

I'm gone....have a nice one.

Waking up and knowing all I had to do to get ready for work was get a cup of coffee and grab my computer...nothing beats working from bed, LOL! Maybe I'll get outside later....wireless connections rule!

my bf's surprised me by preparing a breakfast on bed. sweet. :D

Ahhhh, that's always great isn't it! My hubby brought me my coffee this a.m and now he just brought me a banana and Ezekial toast with PB and Jelly....yum!

Calling Spats! See?? A spoiled woman is a happy woman, LOL!! And we spoil back!

Finally I found a good band!!! We had our first rehearsal together today; and it was..ROCK AND ROLL!

We play our own songs (they've written some before I joined) and Monday we have a gig in front of 1500 people. I'm so unbelievalble happy; there's nothing better than do what you're born for, and in my case that's rocking!

Finally I found a good band!!! We had our first rehearsal together today; and it was..ROCK AND ROLL!

We play our own songs (they've written some before I joined) and Monday we have a gig in front of 1500 people. I'm so unbelievalble happy; there's nothing better than do what you're born for, and in my case that's rocking!

Congrats Lucy that's fantastic! :cheer: Good luck and rock on!

Congrats Lucy that's fantastic! :cheer: Good luck and rock on!

Thank you! I hope we'll get the songs until monday. I have to invent completely new riffs, because the guitarist before me couldn't play at all...and there's only 5 days left!

But it MUST be great with a band like this!

Ice cream I'm eating right now makes me quite happy. At least for a while.

Yum Yum! :D

What made me happy yesterday was I dropped my first tree with my new chainsaw, an 80 foot maple.

It was kinda scary at first because a slight breeze was holding it up but we both pushed on it and it fell right where we wanted it to. I then proceeded to whack it up for firewood. We're also dropping cherry, alder and a big fir tree. It's free wood as the guy doesn't want them on his property. B)

I put some money down on a brand new mountain bike today. I'm going to try to start riding to work a few times a week. Not only to save gas, but to get my sorry butt in shape.

giant_rincon_blu_07_m.jpg

^that's kind of the bike I got. It's blue, but it's a woman's and it is MY SIZE!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I hate my current bike. It's uncomfortable to ride.

I put some money down on a brand new mountain bike today. I'm going to try to start riding to work a few times a week. Not only to save gas, but to get my sorry butt in shape.

giant_rincon_blu_07_m.jpg

^that's kind of the bike I got. It's blue, but it's a woman's and it is MY SIZE!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I hate my current bike. It's uncomfortable to ride.

Have fun. Simply put, my favorite sporting activity. I see too many people riding bikes that are the wrong size or the seat and handlebars are not properly adjusted. Don't forget your water bottle holder (or a camelpak), helmet, biking gloves and biking shorts (with absorbent chamois). Learn how to change a flat and carry spare inner tubes.

I came home from work and me and the wife went to eat Thai and now I am sitting on the couch drinking a fine glass of Cabernet and talking to some pretty cool people.

I positively loooove Thai food. I don't understand how Thai people remain so thin though...do you know how many calories are in Tom Kah Gai Soup! And Pad Thai? Well, they're worth every single one, LOL!

I'm happy because my doggie came home from the groomer all fresh and exciting! Woohoo! Ahahahaha!