What Made You Happy today?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is he good looking? Good looking guys don't usually have a problem.

Yes i had a good time. :D Didn't meet any cool women but the music and food were good.

I could post a pic I guess but my looks would not blow anyone away. No one here is really missing anything. I don't really get a lof of compliments on my looks from women. Maybe that would improve my outlook. :blink::blink:

Please do....

my parakeet said his first word today... :)

How sweet...what type of parakeet, what's his name and what did he say? I had a Grey cheeked parakeet for 17 years, he died a couple years ago. He was a "shoulder and hand" bird, lol...he died in my dad's hand actually (caught a bad Respiratory Infection 2 winters ago). Still 17 was pretty old for his species and he lived a great life. Jasmine's favorite word was "Baby Bird". He/she (because we never knew the gender) loved rock n roll music, especially The Beatles and Don Henley.

How sweet...what type of parakeet, what's his name and what did he say? I had a Grey cheeked parakeet for 17 years, he died a couple years ago. He was a "shoulder and hand" bird, lol...he died in my dad's hand actually (caught a bad Respiratory Infection 2 winters ago). Still 17 was pretty old for his species and he lived a great life. Jasmine's favorite word was "Baby Bird". He/she (because we never knew the gender) loved rock n roll music, especially The Beatles and Don Henley.

this little guy is just the standard what americans call a parakeet, i know they call them something different over here just can't remember it...caused much confusion in the buying process (i think they call canarys parakeets over here). my daughter named him tiki and while not technically a word he is mimicking the clicking sound we use to call our cat!!! he's only a couple month's old and we've had him for 2 weeks now...

this little guy is just the standard what americans call a parakeet, i know they call them something different over here just can't remember it...caused much confusion in the buying process (i think they call canarys parakeets over here). my daughter named him tiki and while not technically a word he is mimicking the clicking sound we use to call our cat!!! he's only a couple month's old and we've had him for 2 weeks now...

Probably a regular old "budgie" then...tiki is a cute name! Well most parakeets are good talkers so you should have much enjoyment to look forward to. Do me a favor, read up on the best way to care for your pet bird (if you don't already know) and try to take care of him the best you can. I love birds and it saddens me how many pet birds live a life in a cage with bird seed as their diet. Sorry, but this is something very sad to me. One of the subjects i can get "preachy" about, sorry.

Probably a regular old "budgie" then...tiki is a cute name! Well most parakeets are good talkers so you should have much enjoyment to look forward to. Do me a favor, read up on the best way to care for your pet bird (if you don't already know) and try to take care of him the best you can. I love birds and it saddens me how many pet birds live a life in a cage with bird seed as their diet. Sorry, but this is something very sad to me. One of the subjects i can get "preachy" about, sorry.

yep, he gets fresh greens and vegetables, but still doesnt seem too interested in them yet...

yep, he gets fresh greens and vegetables, but still doesnt seem too interested in them yet...

You should make sure Tiki gets a good brand of pellets. I have read rotating pellets a few days a week with seeds (so the bird doesn't just pick out the seeds he wants to eat and leaves the pellets) is a good way to feed them. Pellets are loaded with nutrition the bird needs. As for people food, you should add fruits to the diet. My bird loved apples, grapes, apricots, peaches, watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew, cherries...and yogurt, cheese, scrambled eggs, Honey bunches of Oates cereal with milk, pasta, chinese food (lol, okay it is loaded with sodium), Jasmine would stand at the edge of my dad's plate and eat off it sometimes...the point is a variety of fruits/veggies and other healthy people food. You can even feed them some poultry (yikes!). FYI...no Avocado or chocolate!

Well, it was yesterday...:lol: but I'm so happy for my daughter. She got the job she really wanted.

When she's happy, I'm happy.

And as right this minute we might get some RAIN!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Cue, Rain Song. :hippy:

That's great! It's been a tough year for many people to find jobs so good for her. :)

I have two daughters. Both grown and on their own. I worry about them often. The good news is I am still not a grandaddy. And am in no hurry to be one.

Two of my children are just out of college this year and on their own - I worry about them constantly.