What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Jack Lemmon made me happy today, hehe! I finally watched The Apartment, now it's my new favorite movie. He cracks me up...I love the spaghetti-through-the-tennis racket scene, and his opera singing talent, lol. Man, I can't believe that came out in 1960 - that's pretty bad-ass for that point in time!

Finally got finished killing over a dozen female Black Widow Spiders in My daughters Garage without getting bit We think the Gustav chased them inside but They are dead and I sealed up the entire Garage and sprayed the heck out of it also sprayed the house from top to bottom and worked on Her Roof after taking the pictures for the insurance people.Also got My yard finished and helped My Neighbor with Hers.

Edited by alwizard03

I figuerd out a bridge for an original that my band was working on last night. Already recorded and sent out via email.

So freekin early in the morning!

:lol: Same with me: I the moment I wanted to leave for school, I suddenly had the idea for a riff of a song I worked at for days. I was to late for class then, but so what.

Plus: My sister made me just laugh so loud that I had to lay down and hold my stomach! And the joke was even not too good. Just a good day, this day!

Finally got finished killing over a dozen female Black Widow Spiders in My daughters Garage without getting bit We think the Gustav chased them inside but They are dead and I sealed up the entire Garage and sprayed the heck out of it also sprayed the house from top to bottom and worked on Her Roof after taking the pictures for the insurance people.Also got My yard finished and helped My Neighbor with Hers.

Yuck; glad you got rid of them safely!

I was happy because all 3 kids brought home excellent progress reports!!! :D

I've been accepted in the most famous youth orchestra of my town! Okay, I have to play some pieces to them first, but it's as sure that I can join. I'm so damn happy!

My parents are afraid, that I don't handle playing 4 instruments, have band rehearsals plus riding lessons and 11th grade, but I thought: I'm young just one time and I won't miss a chance like that. Better living fast now than missing experiences that will be so unique and beyond great.

But what do you think? Better now than never or enjoy relaxing while you can?

I've been accepted in the most famous youth orchestra of my town! Okay, I have to play some pieces to them first, but it's as sure that I can join. I'm so damn happy!

My parents are afraid, that I don't handle playing 4 instruments, have band rehearsals plus riding lessons and 11th grade, but I thought: I'm young just one time and I won't miss a chance like that. Better living fast now than missing experiences that will be so unique and beyond great.

do it all!!!...be it all!!!...congrats!!!!...

Good luck. I say if you have the time and energy, enjoy yourself. You can relax when you get old, lol.

I am trying to decide on an instrument to get my daughter interested in enough to get her lessons. I have always considered violin a good choice. Any suggestions? She is only going on four. So far she likes playing around with my guitar, playing her kiddy piano and anything she can blow into (whistles and flutes). I just don't know which way to take this (but piano is the most expensive and so not my first choice).

What made me happy today was my daughter taking her second ballet class and receiving my Disney on Ice tickets in the mail! Oh, and the weather is wonderful today, mid 70's with a cool breeze.

She does some of everything (ballet, tap, modern/lyrical, jazz and hip hop). Jazz and hip-hop are her favorites though. I think it's wonderful that you are taking the class; enjoy! :D

Oh cool! Sounds like she's having fun! :D And thanks, I'll definitely enjoy it!

Good luck. I say if you have the time and energy, enjoy yourself. You can relax when you get old, lol.

I am trying to decide on an instrument to get my daughter interested in enough to get her lessons. I have always considered violin a good choice. Any suggestions? She is only going on four. So far she likes playing around with my guitar, playing her kiddy piano and anything she can blow into (whistles and flutes). I just don't know which way to take this (but piano is the most expensive and so not my first choice).

What made me happy today was my daughter taking her second ballet class and receiving my Disney on Ice tickets in the mail! Oh, and the weather is wonderful today, mid 70's with a cool breeze.

Violin sounds like a good choice! Or guitar...that would probably less hard on the ol' ears while she's just getting started, but either one is worth it in the end. And beginning violin players aren't half as bad as someone squeaking and honking on a clarinet - trust me, that'll take your hearing down a few decibels, lol! I know piano isn't your first choice, but I have to talk it up a little, sorry. It was my first instrument, and by having the notes all laid out in a row, I think it definitely helped me to get a better grasp on musical theory and which notes were where. Guitar was harder at first because the same note is at different positions on the guitar, which makes it a little harder to remember where all those notes are, but eh, it's not impossible. It's probably easier if you get started with it at a young age, too. Just had to throw in my 2 cents about it.

Good to see somebody else start dance lessons, heh! How did she like it?

Edited by Footsteps of Dawn

Oh cool! Sounds like she's having fun! :D And thanks, I'll definitely enjoy it!

Violin sounds like a good choice! Or guitar...that would probably less hard on the ol' ears while she's just getting started, but either one is worth it in the end. And beginning violin players aren't half as bad as someone squeaking and honking on a clarinet - trust me, that'll take your hearing down a few decibels, lol! I know piano isn't your first choice, but I have to talk it up a little, sorry. It was my first instrument, and by having the notes all laid out in a row, I think it definitely helped me to get a better grasp on musical theory and which notes were where. Guitar was harder at first because the same note is at different positions on the guitar, which makes it a little harder to remember where all those notes are, but eh, it's not impossible. It's probably easier if you get started with it at a young age, too. Just had to throw in my 2 cents about it.

Good to see somebody else start dance lessons, heh! How did she like it?

I would love her to learn piano. I just don't know if i can afford the expense of lessons and renting a piano. Thanks for your advice, it certainly helps to get opinions! I may enroll her in a music class that offers a variety of instruments to see what she likes best and go from there. This is the age to build brainpower and i know music is a great way to do that.

So far she loves her ballet class! Her recital is in 10 months and i'm already excited about it! I suspect she will love dance for a lifetime!

Best of luck with your musical endeavors!

yesterday, was moving a large dresser, colonial furniture, was bulky but made of pine, so it wasnt too heavy. i checked and thought the mirror was attached to the dresser, it wasnt, just had keepers on the back of it. was lifting it over the edge of an area rug and the mirror fell back and hit the wall. it was just tilted there, put the mirror back, wall wasnt damaged. it could have been a disaster, very glad it wasnt.