What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Finding a cheap, lightweight vacuum cleaner that works really well :bagoverhead: It picked up about a pound of cat hair......from one cat!! Now if I can just get my daughter to make a space in her room big enough to vacuum.....

It's the little things, ya know :bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

Finding a cheap, lightweight vacuum cleaner that works really well :bagoverhead: It picked up about a pound of cat hair......from one cat!! Now if I can just get my daughter to make a space in her room big enough to vacuum.....

what kind of vacuum is it? i have on old elecrtolux, just unclogged the hose awhile ago, but have a hair machine dog.

what kind of vacuum is it? i have on old elecrtolux, just unclogged the hose awhile ago, but have a hair machine dog.

It's a bagless one called Shark. It's so light, and converts into a handvac. The only thing is you have to frequently dump out the filter. I have a little apartment, so it's ideal. Maybe now that I got up most of the cat hair my old vac didn't get, I won't have to dump the filter as much. You're supposed to wash the filter, too, and let it dry for 24 hours. Haven't done that yet- just got it today. Boy did it work great, though. 22 bucks at Kmart. I saw my building caretaker using one, so that's why I was interested in it.

It's a bagless one called Shark. It's so light, and converts into a handvac. The only thing is you have to frequently dump out the filter. I have a little apartment, so it's ideal. Maybe now that I got up most of the cat hair my old vac didn't get, I won't have to dump the filter as much. You're supposed to wash the filter, too, and let it dry for 24 hours. Haven't done that yet- just got it today. Boy did it work great, though. 22 bucks at Kmart. I saw my building caretaker using one, so that's why I was interested in it.

i think i need a filterless dog hair model....although they probably dont make those. i physically pick up the dog hair (yeah its that bad) and use the dog brush on the carpet, the best way to do it actually. but believe me, i'm not complaining.

i think i need a filterless dog hair model....although they probably dont make those. i physically pick up the dog hair (yeah its that bad) and use the dog brush on the carpet, the best way to do it actually. but believe me, i'm not complaining.

There might be a good one out there for you.

Between mine and my daughter's and the cat's hair, this place gets a second carpet if I don't vacuum enough. Ick. My old vacuum was shitty and wouldn't pick it all up. It would make these big ol' wads o' hair on the floor- EEK! Nasty. I am happy to have a decent vacuum, now.

There might be a good one out there for you.

Between mine and my daughter's and the cat's hair, this place gets a second carpet if I don't vacuum enough. Ick. My old vacuum was shitty and wouldn't pick it all up. It would make these big ol' wads o' hair on the floor- EEK! Nasty. I am happy to have a decent vacuum, now.

Yeah the dog hair/cat hair sounds bad....but its not that bad. to be honest, i control the hair in my apartment with the brush and vacumming. but with my car.... the only way to get the dog hair out is with a sneaker sole...physically collect it. but this warm weather is good, cause anywhere i drive with open road the car is like a christmas ball....f-ing dog hair flying everywhere.

I would like a new vacuum. I'm holding out for a Dyson.

What would make me happy is if I ever got around to blowing the money on professional carpet cleaning. It's needed.

What DID make me happy today: I got to sleep in, I found the wheeled city bag that goes with my luggage for cheap, and it's been a nice day overall.

I'm a happy girl.