Colorado and Washington legalize Marijuana

LedZeppfan77

28 States now have medical marijuana.  7 States now have legal recreational weed.  Veteran groups are one of the strongest advocates of medicinal weed for problems related to PTSD.  All of Canada goes legal on July 1st.  Yet our gov't can't seem to manage moving marijuana off the schedule 1 drug list so some proper research can be done.  You can call that a lot of things my friends, but don't you dare call it freedom or democracy, because it's neither. 

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

28 States now have medical marijuana.  7 States now have legal recreational weed.  Veteran groups are one of the strongest advocates of medicinal weed for problems related to PTSD.  All of Canada goes legal on July 1st.  Yet our gov't can't seem to manage moving marijuana off the schedule 1 drug list so some proper research can be done.  You can call that a lot of things my friends, but don't you dare call it freedom or democracy, because it's neither. 

And New York, a democratic state  you would figure would have passed recreational for Gods sake.  But  no.  i cant even get it through Dr yet because he does no want to go through all the bullshit they put them through to get the license.  Now they are sending two of those things that are like a shot to the pharmacy to keep in my house.  And he wants me to have a lock box.  Why?  Because my cats my take my fucking perks?  I guess this shit would save someones life if they overdosed on narcs.  I used to use Fentanyl but that shit wipes you out.  Makes you so tired you cant get up.

• 7 months later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nevadas-1st-year-of-pot-sales-beats-forecast-by-40-percent/ar-BBMzKE3?ocid=spartandhp

Nevada will also be the first State to allow pot lounges on the Vegas Strip.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/08/28/michigan-medical-marijuana-home-delivery-proposal/1114920002

Polls in Michigan suggest that the move toward recreational legalization of weed on the November ballot is still over 60% in favor.  North Dakota of all places is also voting for recreational legalization in November, as are Michigan, Missouri, and Utah. 

Curious if anyone here has invested in any type of marijuana related stocks ?

27 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nevadas-1st-year-of-pot-sales-beats-forecast-by-40-percent/ar-BBMzKE3?ocid=spartandhp

Nevada will also be the first State to allow pot lounges on the Vegas Strip.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2018/08/28/michigan-medical-marijuana-home-delivery-proposal/1114920002

Polls in Michigan suggest that the move toward recreational legalization of weed on the November ballot is still over 60% in favor.  North Dakota of all places is also voting for recreational legalization in November, as are Michigan, Missouri, and Utah. 

Curious if anyone here has invested in any type of marijuana related stocks ?

I haven't invested yet, not sure what's legit and what stocks aren't.  Have you ?

The Texas GOP is pushing for Medical use, if that passes rec will be close down here. 

I haven't invested yet, not sure what's legit and what stocks aren't.  Have you ?

Not yet, but I've been looking.  I shy away from any stocks that involve exchange rates....too many variables at play and out of your control, so that rules out Canada for me.  There's a bunch of penny stocks that have recently emerged.  That's of course very risky business too, but the possibility of hitting the jackpot in a .com way makes taking the chance on a couple pretty appealing.  There's also the factor of people shying away from investing in weed stocks for moral reasons.  That appeals to me too....cuts the playing field in half.  I know a few people in my personal life that surely would be upset and jealous if I won the stock market lottery because of investing in weed.  Just the thought of the look on their faces makes me smile.  "Invest in what you know."       

On 8/29/2018 at 6:37 AM, Bong-Man said:

Not yet, but I've been looking.  I shy away from any stocks that involve exchange rates....too many variables at play and out of your control, so that rules out Canada for me.  There's a bunch of penny stocks that have recently emerged.  That's of course very risky business too, but the possibility of hitting the jackpot in a .com way makes taking the chance on a couple pretty appealing.  There's also the factor of people shying away from investing in weed stocks for moral reasons.  That appeals to me too....cuts the playing field in half.  I know a few people in my personal life that surely would be upset and jealous if I won the stock market lottery because of investing in weed.  Just the thought of the look on their faces makes me smile.  "Invest in what you know."       

The other issue is Trump & Co. have banned all Canadians who have invested in legal weed business from entering the US on a permanent basis. They are also moving to deport any non-citizen, resident aliens from the US who do the same and are making overtures to revoke the citizenship and deport any legal immigrants who invest, work, or engage with weed in any way.

Talk about the death of democracy.

6 hours ago, IpMan said:

The other issue is Trump & Co. have banned all Canadians who have invested in legal weed business from entering the US on a permanent basis. They are also moving to deport any non-citizen, resident aliens from the US who do the same and are making overtures to revoke the citizenship and deport any legal immigrants who invest, work, or engage with weed in any way.

Talk about the death of democracy.

Hi ipman!

still a Federal crime so democracy in action.  Nevada has legal prostitution, doesnt mean the rest of the country has to have it.

this information is available in books ipman. You wont find it printed on the back of your rolling papers

peace and love

kipper

• 1 month later...

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/10/16/canada-legal-marijuana-october-17/1603310002/

Congratulations to the citizens of The Great White North.  Personal freedom and old-fashioned common sense has finally prevailed.  Next up in 3 weeks....my Great Lake State of Michigan will vote on allowing recreational use.  Latest polls still reflect 60% in favor.  It's time for the movement to take a big step into the American Midwest....the heartland of America.

6 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/2018/10/16/canada-legal-marijuana-october-17/1603310002/

Congratulations to the citizens of The Great White North.  Personal freedom and old-fashioned common sense has finally prevailed.  Next up in 3 weeks....my Great Lake State of Michigan will vote on allowing recreational use.  Latest polls still reflect 60% in favor.  It's time for the movement to take a big step into the American Midwest....the heartland of America.

Any news on New York?   I thought we were supposed to vote on it this year?  Bastards  My doctor is for it but does not have the bullshit paper work done.  And I have a 25 year old comp case. Cannot get nailed with a failed urine screen.

Cannot get nailed with a failed urine screen.

Well if you were currently indulging in a bag of "Liquid Nails" as I am, that would be quite ironic....'nailed by the nails' ?

Seriously, that's why Michigan is huge.  States like New York & Ohio will follow closely behind.  Your State is now surrounded by Canada on the Northern Border, and Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire to the East.  Like everything, it becomes a matter of money.  New Yorkers don't like to miss out on money.  Just a little patience....oh yeah.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:11 PM, Bong-Man said:

Respect and many congratulations to our "Commonwealth" friends. A great moment for personal freedom as you say BM. We of course are still in the dark ages but that doesn't stop us lighting up with gusto. Those totally useless halfwits, the Government, are still trying to get a deal to leave Europe before it all goes tits up. But having said that, there are rumours that from November 1st, Doctors can prescribe Medical Cannabis, but you have to be clinically dead to get it

^  ^   I like !

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/world/2018/10/17/windsor-celebration-legal-marijuana/1659614002/

I had no idea Windsor, Ontario already had toking lounges until I read this article.  British Columbia has also passed a law so smoking weed is now allowed in any designated smoking area, public or private.  Even though I live 30 miles from two bridges and a tunnel, I haven't visited Windsor or Sarnia Ontario since 2005.  That's about to change.  I imagine coming back into America from Canada is going to become a bit more complicated after yesterday.  A hint of skunk will probably get your car torn apart for a few hours and your bung-hole examined.  Lol....been there, done that !        

1 hour ago, Bron-y-con said:

Image result for stoner meme

LOL.  And you cannot get a nickel bag on the streets for that any more.  I still have not been to a weed store.  There is only one here.   Some lady was telling me at a Dr visit yesterday about the oils and such.  Said the oils worked but the stupid bitch has not smoked.  Never had Thai stick or red tip or gold from the 70s.  I have done it all. But not in years due to urine screens.  If NY ever fucking wakes up and legalizes it recreationally, I think they cannot touch me then?   My Dr is for it. But he does not have the paperwork to write it. Hell, I doubt its as good in the store as what you can get on the streets?  But I guess a trip to Colorado is the only way to know?  

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

LOL.  And you cannot get a nickel bag on the streets for that any more. 

If you haven't used for years, how would you know?

Some lady was telling me at a Dr visit yesterday about the oils and such.  Said the oils worked but the stupid bitch has not smoked.  Never had Thai stick or red tip or gold from the 70s. 

A helpful lady trying to educate your ignorant self on current options to get high is a stupid bitch because she didn't smoke weed in the 70's?

If NY ever fucking wakes up and legalizes it recreationally, I think they cannot touch me then?   

Is this supposed to be a statement or a question?

My Dr is for it. But he does not have the paperwork to write it.  

By all means, wait on this guy to complete paperwork before you move forward with decisions which affect your life.

Hell, I doubt its as good in the store as what you can get on the streets?  But I guess a trip to Colorado is the only way to know?  

Exactly. No one here smoked any weed in the 70's and would be able to give an honest accurate comparison. Product of an indeterminate source is always the best option!

You showed that stupid bitch who's boss.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, Bron-y-con said:

43828497_2191452614406347_74633616466022

a friend of mine smoked pot while watching Michael Jackson's thriller on MTV and he got so freaked out that he hid under the bed

its a crazy drug really

5 hours ago, kipper said:

a friend of mine smoked pot while watching Michael Jackson's thriller on MTV and he got so freaked out that he hid under the bed

its a crazy drug really

Really? Was it the smoke or was it the video or was it that your friend is a wet lettuce? Your friend really is crazy. Yet again Fishface stay out of a thread that you have no interest in or have nothing constructive to say. Oh and take your mate bron whatever with you

On 10/19/2018 at 8:11 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

If you haven't used for years, how would you know?

A helpful lady trying to educate your ignorant self on current options to get high is a stupid bitch because she didn't smoke weed in the 70's?

Is this supposed to be a statement or a question?

By all means, wait on this guy to complete paperwork before you move forward with decisions which affect your life.

Exactly. No one here smoked any weed in the 70's and would be able to give an honest accurate comparison. Product of an indeterminate source is always the best option!

You showed that stupid bitch who's boss.

You seem to be quite the wise guy.  I hear about prices from people that do  use.  Its just not worth the hassle to fail a surprise urine screen.  From what I hear its easier to get coke out of your system faster than Marijuana.  I do not know the actual numbers.   I will just wait until I do not have to worry about the legal bullshit.  But NY state seems to be far behind the test in passing it?  Even though the talk was it would be on the next ballot for recreational use.  Have fun spending your time coming after me. You are not the first and certainly not the last.  And I have no clue who you are?  Nick?

8 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Really? Was it the smoke or was it the video or was it that your friend is a wet lettuce? Your friend really is crazy. Yet again Fishface stay out of a thread that you have no interest in or have nothing constructive to say. Oh and take your mate bron whatever with you

you should calm down, I was just sharing what i thought was a funny story.  Put the doobie down and chill out

btw, what are all of the constuctive things to be said about dope smoking?