Leave 'em in the can - man!

nirvana

I would like to patiton Jimmy Page to leave the out-takes, alternate versions, and partial recordings that MAY be considered

for the upcoming Box Set re-re-re-mastered albums [ that Jimmy has spoken about releasing in 2013 and beyond ] - in the Can.

Jimmy, please don't tarnish the unique Led Zeppelin legacy by adding these in-complete, sub-par, and off hand recordings

to the new Box Set Album releases just to give rabid fans something to cling to as we hope for new material from our beloved

Zeppeiln.

Leave these mosaic pieces to You-Tube and bootleg releases where they will be points of interest but not taken too seriously.

Thank You!

Nirvana

CT, USA

Please copy and add your name to the list of true fans that want something complete and original from our Band.

I would like to patiton Jimmy Page to leave the out-takes, alternate versions, and partial recordings that MAY be considered

for the upcoming Box Set re-re-re-mastered albums that Jimmy has spoken about releasing in 2013 and beyond - in the Can.

Jimmy, please don't tarnish the unique Led Zeppelin legacy by adding these in-complete, sub-par, and off hand recordings

to the new Box Set Album releases just to give rabid fans something to cling to as we hope for new material from our beloved

Zeppeiln.

Leave these mosaic pieces to You-Tube and bootleg releases where they will be points of interest but not taken too seriously.

Thank You!

Nirvana

CT, USA

Please copy and add your name to the list of true fans that want something complete and original from our Band.

Define, "true fans"?

Define, "true fans"?

I would define a "True Fan" as someone who sees the volume of released Zeppelin work as is - complete and un-tarnished.

Perfect in its original state as it was meant to be.

By adding these partial un-released, unfinished, out-takes and alternate versions of songs, which were never meant

to see the light of day, to a new box set only tarnishes the Legacy that we, as true fans, want to be as it, was and is - golden.

And I'm not saying that Jimmy has that in mind - but just in case....

I disapprove of this message. Strongly.

There are well known outtakes/rehearsals out there that with a little polish could be outstanding.

Anything that requires "a little polish" means that it was tarnished from the start - no?

this ii an absolutely ridiculouys and inane sentiment. Yopu want less music from Zeppelin? You really, really think this will tarnish their legacy, which is now basically set in stone? An bonus track here or there is NOT GOING TO DAMAGAE a 45+ year legacy of greatness. This thread is so stupid I can hardly believe a "fan" started it. Zep are regarded as on of teh holy trinity of rock music and THERE IS NOTHING THAT WILL EVER CHANGE THAT!

If you really dont know this already, there is nothing else I can say to you.

I would define a "True Fan" as someone who sees the volume of released Zeppelin work as is - complete and un-tarnished.

Perfect in its original state as it was meant to be.

By adding these partial un-released, unfinished, out-takes and alternate versions of songs, which were never meant

to see the light of day, to a new box set only tarnishes the Legacy that we, as true fans, want to be as it, was and is - golden.

And I'm not saying that Jimmy has that in mind - but just in case....

I guess that would mean Jimmy Page is not "true " fan then. Go figure.

Page has a crap ton of takes, pre-recording ideas on tape that can be made print ready....and... combined with existing "known" items currently available. Much of the focus in on Page, broaden the spotlight to include ideas on tape and the like that both Jones and Plant have.

As the executive producer Page he sees re-mastering as a necessity and worthwhile- for the sake of the band and their music to be heard.

What Page is sharing is not stuff in a can.

The Beatles Anthology series hardly tarnished their legacy, in fact it gave great insight into it. These outtakes are meant to see the light of day simply because it going to be so. Stop romanticizing the band, enjoy what is going to be released for what it is or ignore it. I'll be enjoying it.

The Beatles Anthology series hardly tarnished their legacy, in fact it gave great insight into it. These outtakes are meant to see the light of day simply because it going to be so. Stop romanticizing the band, enjoy what is going to be released for what it is or ignore it. I'll be enjoying it.

Well put. I will be enjoying them too.

There's every chance the out-takes and other stuff have been made into something special by Jimmy using modern technological wizardry. Wait and see

I'm buying these 'definitive' remastered albums no matter what. Especially if it's a limited edition ‘Collector's’ set, that would be amazing

I Remember Jimmy saying after the release of CODA - that those (CODA) songs were all that was left of the Zeppelin archive, nothing remained

of any worth...

Now all of the sudden we have some unreleased "gems" - 32 years later?

Yeah, we are in for a treat alright.

As a Zeppelin fan I wait for anything new from the band.

You learn how to wait..and wait.So anything new is,if previously publicized,eagerly anticipated and generally very much welcomed.And if it's not publicized it's always a damn good surprise.We don't always get much and whether people are happy with the finished product or not at least there's something new to discuss,listen to and/or look at.

Anything to the contrary I find odd.

I'll be looking forward to these or anything from the Zep camp in the future.

1982 is not 2012. Page is not releasing some "Kashmir" worthy song (which he didn't even do in 1982) but how "Kashmir" came to be. Still, maybe there are a few complete unheard of songs as Page wasn't aware of "Travelling Riverside Blues" until 1988 when American radio stations got a hold of it & "Baby Come On Home" was found in a box a few years later labeled "New Yardbirds" so... one doesn't know exactly what Page has up his sleeve but what's the point of resisting it.

I Remember Jimmy saying after the release of CODA - that those (CODA) songs were all that was left of the Zeppelin archive, nothing remained

of any worth...

Now all of the sudden we have some unreleased "gems" - 32 years later?

Yeah, we are in for a treat alright.

There is a simple solution for you, don't buy them then you won't be able to complain.

You made my point for me. Good post.

I will be happy to hear anything he has that he wants to release. I have always wondered how much more Zeppelin there is in existence that I never have had the pleasure to hear. Jimmy knows what he's doing. Plus, it's HIS music. He can do whatever he wants with it.

You made my point for me. Good post.

I will be happy to hear anything he has that he wants to release. I have always wondered how much more Zeppelin there is in existence that I never have had the pleasure to hear. Jimmy knows what he's doing. Plus, it's HIS music. He can do whatever he wants with it.

Just the fact that Page states there was no more to share after Coda but yet there are gems on bootlegs and such tells me he was just saving it for future use without raising expectations. He's already proven himself a liar in 1993. :lol: If Jimmy says it's worth releasing, I want to hear it. Period.

The starter of this thread does reserve the right to not buy it. That's the course I recommend. The rest of us can enjoy it. :)

I'd Very Much Indeed love to hear never-heard before or remastered out-takes, mixed by 2012's tech. i mean, what if walter's walk was mixed and released now ??? it'd be a fu****' Killer, wouldn't it ???? and so would be any thing their highness decide to release now.

Anything Jimmy thinks is worth releasing will definitely be worth hearing. For proof of that, you just have to listen to all the incredible live recordings he doesn't think are worth releasing.

I just hope he resists the temptation to add any new overdubs. I want to hear it all as it is. The Stones stuff on the Exile reissue was horrible.

Archived