Leave 'em in the can - man!

nirvana

I would like to patiton Jimmy Page to leave the out-takes, alternate versions, and partial recordings that MAY be considered

for the upcoming Box Set re-re-re-mastered albums [ that Jimmy has spoken about releasing in 2013 and beyond ] - in the Can.

Jimmy, please don't tarnish the unique Led Zeppelin legacy by adding these in-complete, sub-par, and off hand recordings

to the new Box Set Album releases just to give rabid fans something to cling to as we hope for new material from our beloved

Zeppeiln.

Leave these mosaic pieces to You-Tube and bootleg releases where they will be points of interest but not taken too seriously.

Thank You!

Nirvana

CT, USA

Please copy and add your name to the list of true fans that want something complete and original from our Band.

:rolleyes:

If you honestly believe that supplementary material added to the albums will in any way "tarnish" the legacy of Led Zeppelin, the greatest band on Earth, you are a silly, silly person.

I'd like to know what he means by 'box sets'. To me, 'box set' implies at least 3 CDs, which would be really nice.

But if it's just a load of pointless stuff in a box, like the recent Floyd things, I won't be buying into that. I hope he has more dignity, & respect for his fans, than whoever in the Floyd camp decided to pull that stunt.

What Zeppelin has recorded and released is what we base our love for the band on. No?

By releasing stuff that wasn't meant to see the light of day just screams...

"I need the cash man!" "All you Zep fanatics can buy up what was crap in the first place

and I, Jimmy the Magician, just put a fur coat on it - but it's still crap!"

something makes it worthwhile to the band to bring the material out of the can at this particular moment

Not necessarily the "Band" that is putting out the out-takes - just Jimmy I would assume.

Robert probably doesn't want anything to do with it.

The way I see it is this way:

If You consider yourself a True and Loyal Fan of LED ZEPPELIN then you should Appreciate any new or old or re-mastered or out-takes or embryos or basic structures of previous songs, (or unknown songs) etc... that Now could possibly see the Light of Day (if that Day does indeed come).

I would greatly Love to hear Anything new (or) old from Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page. I am in my early 40's and not getting any younger. Jimmy Page is in His 60's and not getting any younger either. Best hear anything Led Zeppelin or Related sooner rather than later.

Especially on My Mind would be to hear the so-called "lost" tracks supposedly recorded by Led Zeppelin, "St. Tristan's Sword" and "Lost in Space". Also, cleaned up versions of "Take Me Home", "In the Morning", "Sunshine Woman" and "Swan Song" would be worth the price of a single CD.

Edited: Tried to include "Sunshine Woman" but it said that I already added enough media files.

Not necessarily the "Band" that is putting out the out-takes - just Jimmy I would assume.

Jimmy would not be able to do it without the whole-hearted support of the rest of the band.

I'd like to know what he means by 'box sets'. To me, 'box set' implies at least 3 CDs, which would be really nice.

But if it's just a load of pointless stuff in a box, like the recent Floyd things, I won't be buying into that. I hope he has more dignity, & respect for his fans, than whoever in the Floyd camp decided to pull that stunt.

My point exactly! Hey I would love to hear some quality lost music from Zep - BUT not if its dis-jointed and pointless like the Floyd crap.

I have two Led Zeppelin boxed sets one consists of six vinyl albums, the other one is two CDs, the quality of the vinyl far outweighs that of the CDs. So bring on re-relaesing them all remastered in VINYL. After all analogue is what they were recorded in. I never bought the Floyd CDs as I have all their albums (as I do Led Zeppelin, on vinyl)

Why do you think Robert might not want anything to do with it? Any evidence for that? This will surely be a band decision and not just Jimmy in isolation even though he will be the one doing the main work on the albums and extra tracks.

I have two Led Zeppelin boxed sets one consists of six vinyl albums, the other one is two CDs, the quality of the vinyl far outweighs that of the CDs. So bring on re-relaesing them all remastered in VINYL. After all analogue is what they were recorded in. I never bought the Floyd CDs as I have all their albums (as I do Led Zeppelin, on vinyl)

I would like decent vinyl releases too.

The way I see it is this way:

If You consider yourself a True and Loyal Fan of LED ZEPPELIN then you should Appreciate any new or old or re-mastered or out-takes or embryos or basic structures of previous songs, (or unknown songs) etc... that Now could possibly see the Light of Day (if that Day does indeed come).

There's nothing to say that nirvana is not a true and loyal Zep fan, just expressing his opinion about what he would like to be released. However I disagree with some of his views, I'd rather have the extra stuff than just another basic remaster set cos believe me I have bought every format for the albums since 1969 and more than once for some of them such as vinyl and cd.

Archived