Rick Derringer

ledzepfvr

Went to see Rick Derringer last Saturday at a small venue and had a really good time. The hubby was a bit upset when I bought the tickets, but he ended up enjoying the show. I knew he would as a guitarist. Rick still plays great. Not so jumpy as he used to be when he was younger, but who is 35 years later. His bassist is Charles Torres who was really good and the happiest drummer I've seen, Ken Moutenot. The turnout was low, after sitting through 4 other bands. The Roni Lee band, which opens for Rick quite often, a not so good Deep Purple tribute band, Deep in Purple, The Eccentrics, who were good and whose name fit them, and The Hard Way, who were very good. Rick and band finally came on at 11:30 and I had a front line view leaning against the stage to watch. This video of Sometimes you can see me standing in front watching at about 2:26 and few other times.

After the show, Rick came out and sat down, signed autographs and let us have some photo ops.

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

Marquee 15, off the I15? My cousin was at that show and was trying to get me to go to some of the other shows later this month. Glad you guys had a good time.

How's the venue?

Not too bad. The first time we went last year, we stood in the general admission area, which was a bit hard on the back. This time I called and made reservations in the dinner area, which is the first area in front of the stage.. The second area back from the stage is a 2 drink minimum area. They also have some VIP booths for a pricey fee. Had a good grilled chicken salad and the hubby enjoyed his bleu cheese burger. It's not that big, so it is a more intimate venue.

Michael Schenker is playing this coming weekend and Lita Ford later this month. It's mostly tribute bands that play, but they have been getting more original shows lately. Ronnie Montrose played there just before he died.

Not too bad. The first time we went last year, we stood in the general admission area, which was a bit hard on the back. This time I called and made reservations in the dinner area, which is the first area in front of the stage.. The second area back from the stage is a 2 drink minimum area. They also have some VIP booths for a pricey fee. Had a good grilled chicken salad and the hubby enjoyed his bleu cheese burger. It's not that big, so it is a more intimate venue.

Michael Schenker is playing this coming weekend and Lita Ford later this month. It's mostly tribute bands that play, but they have been getting more original shows lately. Ronnie Montrose played there just before he died.

Thanks for the RD vid and good for you in spending a little time with him. Pretty cool!...cheers Rich

Thanks for the update - I've always been a HUGE Derringer fan.

First saw him back in 1979 in Omaha - he was a back up tot he back up band! It didn't matter, he blew me away. Next time was iheadlingin in San Antonio around 1989 for their River Walk Festival. He was playing a Steinberger guitar and played a solo that Eddie Van Halen would have envied!

Glad to read he's still out there kicking out the jams!

Glad to read he's still out there kicking out the jams!

Still Alive and Well........

I was Anaheim Stadium in Sept 1976 where he opened for Jeff Beck and Aerosmith. Don't remember the concert at all. Have small bits of memory of being with the people I went with. But totally forgot about it until I dug up some photos I had taken.

This was a bit of redemption for me to to see him.

Archived