Livin' Lovin' Maid; what's the deal?

JGaul

LLM is definitely one of the most pop-sounding songs that Zep recorded. That said, it's pop-sounding in the Eddie Cochran mold of C'mon Everybody and other songs that they regularly covered through the early years. The driving beat, shuffling verses, sudden stops and build-ups back into each chorus remind me of Cochran's classics at least. I'm not sure why Robert or Jimmy would have hated the song when it seemed to spawn from one of their earlier rock and roll influences.

I always wondered why the song was omitted from the first box set. No offense to Communication Breakdown but I think most Zeppelin fans have that Heartbreaker to LLM transition ingrained in their consciousness.

In an interview Mr. Page dissed these lyrics as being "sarcastic". He said this was when he realized that Mr. Plant should take over lyrics.

I like the tune, it's catchy and quick. But the lyrics are hateful and mean. I read in one of those unauthorized biographies this song is about a record company's executive's ex-wife that went around schtupping all her ex's clients.

Hey, you said "schtupping" you really are from Winter Park, FL....

But seriously...I love this song too, quite catchy and to the point. I heard the song was about a groupie way past her prime who used to hang about the recording studio hoping for a bit of the old, in out - in out with Percy. The group got fed up with the old slag (what, was she 25 :dont: ) and as a result this little homage was born.

Archived